What's new

Top Players preparing for big Mortal Kombat return at CEO?

With that said, I think it's a shame GGA isn't going, for the sake of Mortal Kombat. The tournament (for MK) is taking a real hit both in terms of quality and quantity (number of entrants). I hope they can revise their choice.
The quality of CEO will take a hit if a group of guys that make a big deal out of every event in some way or another and that a lot of people don't seem to really respect cause of all their negativity to how a community responds?

All I gotta say is

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Wow, this thread just ruined my expectations for this tourny. ONLY 12 ENTERED?

At least I registered for other tournies (Injustice and Persona) and I'm picking up GG and BB just in time. Hope EVO is a different story. :(

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Wow, this thread just ruined my expectations for this tourny. ONLY 12 ENTERED?

At least I registered for other tournies (Injustice and Persona) and I'm picking up GG and BB just in time. Hope EVO is a different story. :(
itll change soon hopefully

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Also, a question about the stage selection rules:

Can you choose the stage you won in again during a set?

coolwhip

Noob
The quality of CEO will take a hit if a group of guys that make a big deal out of every event in some way or another and that a lot of people don't seem to really respect cause of all their negativity to how a community responds?
Considering said players happen to be really, really good at the game, I'd say yes. Keep in mind, I specifically mentioned "the quality for MK" will take a hit. If a whole group of great players don't attend, the quality drops. It's a really simple concept, actually.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Considering said players happen to be really, really good at the game, I'd say yes. Keep in mind, I specifically mentioned "the quality for MK" will take a hit. If a whole group of great players don't attend, the quality drops. It's a really simple concept, actually.
No player or players are bigger than the community for which they are a part of. And nor should a community ever want or expect that from any player/players. period.

coolwhip

Noob
No player or players are bigger than the community for which they are a part of. And nor should a community ever want or expect that from any player/players. period.
I fully agree.

I don't see how that debunks the statement that a group of great players not attending a tournament affects the quality of said tournament. I didn't say the tournament shouldn't take place, or that it's meaningless now that GGA is not going. I merely said it's taking a hit in terms of quality (since they're great players), and quantity (number of entrants).

Tim Static

Adminerator
I fully agree.

I don't see how that debunks the statement that a group of great players not attending a tournament affects the quality of said tournament. I didn't say the tournament shouldn't take place, or that it's meaningless now that GGA is not going. I merely said it's taking a hit in terms of quality (since they're great players), and quantity (number of entrants).
oh ok, gotcha. Probably read it wrong as I'm doing 567 different things atm :p

coolwhip

Noob
To be clear, when I said "I hope they can revise their decision," I was referring to GGA, not the tournament organizers.

Also, a question about the stage selection rules:

Can you choose the stage you won in again during a set?
If you lose you can pick whatever stage you want. I mean that'll only come up in a 3/5 Finals set and not pools with 2/3 so shouldn't be an issue anyways.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Especially since GGA won't be able to rig the brackets again like they tried to do at NEC once before. I'd say the odds are stacked against them regardless the rules.
leave poor ppj alone he wasn't even at NECT T_T