What's new

Top Players preparing for big Mortal Kombat return at CEO?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I guess because the MKC is young and didn't know better.

As bad as Kabal players running to rooftop day was against Cage this is even worse.

Random needs to be the standard.
Ok I see, Why was MK not this way?
Im so confused

So isnt it that first game is 50/50

then second game is 50/50 and so on?

***Every game i thought was 50/50 hence why it was put in. I dont care either way but confused about all this

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Im so confused

So isnt it that first game is 50/50

then second game is 50/50 and so on?

***Every game i thought was 50/50 hence why it was put in. I dont care either way but confused about all this
If it's like ECT, first match is random then loser picks stage like MK. No 50/50's. So no way can you get the same map twice unless the random map is one that someone prefers as well.

Tim Static

Adminerator
EVO rules for MK were random.
CEO adopted IGAU way before Evo did, and CEO already has a established rules on 10 events already. If you're not going to travel because of that, fine. But why you'd announce you would be going and not have checked the rules, etc, AND just expect a tourney to change their rules for an event at the drop of a hat this close to the event is just absurd imo.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
i think every stage should be 50 50 like the way the game was deisgned
If you use that line of thinking, pretty much every game uses rules that aren't "the way the game was designed". Superjump in MVC3 is turned off for tournaments, in SF4 p2 doesn't get to pick the stage even though he is the one who has the cursor selection, etc. In Tekken, loser has stage select cursor but the rules are random stage.

The list goes on for just about every game you can think of

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
If you use that line of thinking, pretty much every game uses rules that aren't "the way the game was designed". Superjump in MVC3 is turned off for tournaments, in SF4 p2 doesn't get to pick the stage even though he is the one who has the cursor selection, etc. In Tekken, loser has stage select cursor but the rules are random stage.

The list goes on for just about every game you can think of
oh ok

FTR im fine w whatever

Change of plans. Due to Injustice's whack stage rules GGA is not going to CEO. It makes no sense to allow the loser to choose a stage. No fighting game with critical stage selection like this has that rule. Jebaily says that's what the FL community wants so whatever.
Damn, lost another excuse making pot monsters money that can't learn to adapt to a gameplay style and learn to win in any condition.

Won't be missed.

snort

Noob
Stage selection for tournys is overrated. Even rooftop day in MK for Kabal players is as well. All the Kabal players just jumped on the bandwagon.

For the record to be clear. I'm sticking to my guns on the ruleset I've incorporated for CEO long before EVO added Injustice to the roster because I've hosted already a few Injustice tourneys and entered a bunch as well as done a community vote within Florida and 90% of players agree with Random 1st, Loser can pick stage 2nd. I'm sorry if you don't like the rules whomever you may be or you don't want to ride 17 hours, but think of the guys who love the game for what it is or people that are coming from 15 different countries to CEO and one man taking a 35 hour bus ride to CEO From Canada.
I know they're gonna have a blast.

Now back to prepare everything for another Killer CEO.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I hope it explodes, and I hope it continues to explode for years to come. I don't understand why people would throw a great game aside completely for another one. Look at Capcom players and the variety they have: AE, SFxT, UMvC3. What do we have? MK9 and Injustice. Yet AE and UMvC3 get massive turnouts at tournaments, and SFxT gets a pretty good amount. I think we should be a little more like the Capcom community in that respect. We shouldn't abandon a game and let it die, we should still have plenty of fun with it while making this new game the best it can be.
The only reason they would is because people like CD Jr are testers and are probably in the loop of a new MK game.

YouTube Channel: http://www.YouTube.com/mrgotmerked
YouTube Clan Channel: http://www.YouTube.com/ktokillatv

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
CEO adopted IGAU way before Evo did, and CEO already has a established rules on 10 events already. If you're not going to travel because of that, fine. But why you'd announce you would be going and not have checked the rules, etc, AND just expect a tourney to change their rules for an event at the drop of a hat this close to the event is just absurd imo.

No, we don't expect it to be changed. Asking about it isn't demanding.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Change of plans. Due to Injustice's whack stage rules GGA is not going to CEO. It makes no sense to allow the loser to choose a stage. No fighting game with critical stage selection like this has that rule. Jebaily says that's what the FL community wants so whatever.
I was going to save this one when the slide gets nerfed, but...

Adapt, you fool.

You are using a top 3 character and cannot get the job done.

coolwhip

Noob
probably cause it honestly wasn't that big of a deal in MK9, so noone cared or made a big fuss about it

my 2 cents
It was a big deal in MK. Kabal vs some characters on Rooftop Day made the match-up that much worse. But yeah, it's not as big a deal as it is in Injustice.

coolwhip

Noob
With that said, I think it's a shame GGA isn't going, for the sake of Mortal Kombat. The tournament (for MK) is taking a real hit both in terms of quality and quantity (number of entrants). I hope they can revise their choice.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
With that said, I think it's a shame GGA isn't going, for the sake of Mortal Kombat. The tournament is taking a real hit due both in terms of quality and quantity (number of entrants). I hope they can revise their choice.

We'll see but I doubt it. It's a 17 hour drive, so with a low turnout for MK and the Injustice rules it's not as appealing.