What's new

Top Players preparing for big Mortal Kombat return at CEO?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
arent you supposed to be the head of a Mortal Kombat forum or something?

This epitomizes your disconnect from the community. MK isnt going anywhere after evo and posts like this feed into a rotten mentality that gives new people (as well as long-time users) to this site the wrong idea. After Evo, VXG is going to do it big, many people who get over new game syndrome will drop injustice for MK again, and there will be other tournaments where people will still play this great game.

Stop posting stuff like that. This isnt the first time and i'm sure it wont be the last, but it's never a good thing. MK isnt dead, and it'll only die if the community lets it.

Dude, Give it a break. This game isn't gonna completely vanish. Look at UMK3...its still there...barely but damn dude you should've seen it right before MK9. MK9 isn't going to be completely dead as it will just become a side tournament. Its OK for that to happen. Those who truly care about MK will play, those who don't...won't. You can't force it down peoples throats by saying things like "ALRIGHT GUYS LETS PLAY THIS SHIT DON'T LET MK DIE." It is definitely easier said than done.

Besides, when was the last time you played this game for more than an hour?

That is the FGC's general feel of Mortal Kombat. With Injustice... and no MK version updates, it's expected to lose people's interest as I stated above.

Of course, Mortal Kombat isn't going to "die", but the bigger numbers we've gotten before are/have died off a bit. The post was supposed to build hype and interest for Mortal Kombat at CEO to get those bigger numbers 'back'.

Me being disconnected from the community? You're either on drugs or completely ignorant.
"the beginning of the end" doesnt build hype, it makes people want to leave. if people think the end is inevitable then they leave, that's how people work. i dont know how many people you've met in your life, but most of the ones that i know will bail early if they know something is doomed to die or fail.

Dude, Give it a break. This game isn't gonna completely vanish. Look at UMK3...its still there...barely but damn dude you should've seen it right before MK9. MK9 isn't going to be completely dead as it will just become a side tournament. Its OK for that to happen. Those who truly care about MK will play, those who don't...won't. You can't force it down peoples throats by saying things like "ALRIGHT GUYS LETS PLAY THIS SHIT DON'T LET MK DIE." It is definitely easier said than done.

Besides, when was the last time you played this game for more than an hour?
thursday. I went to GGA and played it from 8-2am. when i fly back home tomorrow i'll be playing it every day again for extended periods of time.
Also, it's not forcing it down their throats, it's supporting the game that people claimed to love. There's a difference between moving on from an old game and leaving a current game because we're told it'll be "dead" in 2 months.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
"the beginning of the end" doesnt build hype, it makes people want to leave. if people think the end is inevitable then they leave, that's how people work. i dont know how many people you've met in your life, but most of the ones that i know will bail early if they know something is doomed to die or fail.

It refers to EVO. Again, you're still on the assumption that this is from me, personally saying to the community... it is not. If you ask anyone not only in the MK community but in other communities... they will likely say MK is done after EVO.

My post is essentially speaking that in hopes of the players like GGA 16 Bit proving that wrong.

So, will you prove this wrong? It's up to the community. Wake up and look at the numbers and you might finally see the light.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
thursday. I went to GGA and played it from 8-2am. when i fly back home tomorrow i'll be playing it every day again for extended periods of time.
Also, it's not forcing it down their throats, it's supporting the game that people claimed to love. There's a difference between moving on from an old game and leaving a current game because we're told it'll be "dead" in 2 months.
good job.

Like I said though, this game isn't dying as much as it just going low profile. These things happen.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I really don't think this game will ever die. I just think right now MK is going through a recession due to Injustice hype. Once that down, MK numbers will be strong again. I really don't see why its so hard not to just play both. There is always two sides for some silly reason.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
I really don't think this game will ever die. I just think right now MK is going through a recession due to Injustice hype. Once that down, MK numbers will be strong again. I really don't see why its so hard not to just play both. There is always two sides for some silly reason.
Mk has strong numbers? :eek: What's the average amount of people that attend a major for Mk? I'm honestly curious, not trolling or bashing Mk. I know that its EVO numbers aren't too good though.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Mk has strong numbers? :eek: What's the average amount of people that attend a major for Mk? I'm honestly curious, not trolling or bashing Mk. I know that its EVO numbers aren't too good though.
About 20-30.

Everyone is blaming Injustice, but (and I say this as an MK9 lover) a lot of people left due to issues with the game and characters -- the fact that they went to Injustice isn't just because it's new.

I think that everyone who loves MK9 should still keep playing it -- but we should also be honest about why certain people moved on and not blame them all for "jumping to the newer game" or whatever.

To each his own.

About 20-30.

Everyone is blaming Injustice, but (and I say this as an MK9 lover) a lot of people left due to issues with the game and characters -- the fact that they went to Injustice isn't just because it's new.

I think that everyone who loves MK9 should still keep playing it -- but we should also be honest about why certain people moved on and not blame them all for "jumping to the newer game" or whatever.

To each his own.
yeah I can agree with this, some just didn't like that mk9 never got another patch. Some just like that IGAU is new. Hopefully mk9 goes strong until mk10, but as of right now, looks like evo will be the final fiesta for mk9.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
The numbers of the last few majors have been varying. If we go back a little NEC had 117. Winter Brawl 64. Finals Round 64. Civil war and ECT had low numbers 20ish and UFGT had 64 i believe.

So it gets decent numbers except on the east coast after injustice dropped. At EVO it got 500 i think in 2011 and 350-400 in 2012.

Our community is dedicated but its small compared to others like Capcom.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Change of plans. Due to Injustice's whack stage rules GGA is not going to CEO. It makes no sense to allow the loser to choose a stage. No fighting game with critical stage selection like this has that rule. Jebaily says that's what the FL community wants so whatever.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Change of plans. Due to Injustice's whack stage rules GGA is not going to CEO. It makes no sense to allow the loser to choose a stage. No fighting game with critical stage selection like this has that rule. Jebaily says that's what the FL community wants so whatever.
Wait what? ECT was like this as well. It prevents what happened to you vs Dizzy with the bullshit stage spamming. First match is random, Then loser picks stage. Then that loser picks stage. So you should have potentially three different stages.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Wait what? ECT was like this as well. It prevents what happened to you vs Dizzy with the bullshit stage spamming. First match is random, Then loser picks stage. Then that loser picks stage. So you should have potentially three different stages.

or we could do what other FG do with critical stage differences and not give anyone that advantage.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So are you saying every stage should be random?

It should start random. Loser then can decide to re-random.

This has been the rules used for FG where stages matter for years. For some reason Injustice is different.

Jebaily on twitter said this is the ruleset the FL scene likes. So that's cool. But we're not driving 17 hours for it.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
It should start random. Loser then can decide to re-random.

This has been the rules used for FG where stages matter for years. For some reason Injustice is different.

Jebaily on twitter said this is the ruleset the FL scene likes. So that's cool. But we're not driving 17 hours for it.
Ok I see, Why was MK not this way?

LEGEND

YES!
Random needs to be standard

its honestly retarded that some of Sinestro's 5-5s and 6-4s turn into 8-2/9-1s simply cause i won a 50/50 or lost the first game

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Ok I see, Why was MK not this way?

I guess because the MKC is young and didn't know better.

As bad as Kabal players running to rooftop day was against Cage this is even worse.

Random needs to be the standard.