What's new

Top Players preparing for big Mortal Kombat return at CEO?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Everyone knows this song and dance... compared to most current fighting games... Mortal Kombat 9 is now a skilled veteran for returning to Evolution this July for a third year in a row. While the game's numbers have dropped a bit due to expectation as other games being the new focus... from the sounds of it, Community Efforts Orlando may rekindle some of the fire. Taking place on June 28-30 top players such as Big D, GGA 16 Bit, EMP CD Jr have been formulating a plan(from the sounds of it) to make Mortal Kombat at CEO the beginning of the end of Mortal Kombat 9.

Evolution 2013 will likely be the grand finale of our beloved Mortal Kombat as players await for a "Mortal Kombat 10" announcement in the, hopefully, near future.

Here are some of the tweets being passed along...

ceogf.jpg

Ryan DeDomenico
‏@OBS_BigD
Deciding whether or not to enter MK at CEO. Dont wanna be the only one doing it lol who else is goin for it?

steve brownback ‏@Osu16Bit 29 May
@OBS_BigD mk is the reason I want to go to CEO. everyone should enter.

Emmanuel Brito ‏@MK_CDjr 29 May
@Osu16Bit @OBS_BigD I'm making my Mk comeback at CEO. Should be REO and i in grand finals like the good ol days.
While talk is one thing and registering is another... what are your thoughts? Will we see Mortal Kombat explode at CEO or will these players bluff?

Source: : OBS_BigD

Attachments

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Even though Injustice is now my main focus. If i make it to CEO ill definitely enter MK just because of the history and to represent Rain as always. UFGT was a great MK tournament and was super stacked. CEO easily has the ability to have the same.

I hope it explodes, and I hope it continues to explode for years to come. I don't understand why people would throw a great game aside completely for another one. Look at Capcom players and the variety they have: AE, SFxT, UMvC3. What do we have? MK9 and Injustice. Yet AE and UMvC3 get massive turnouts at tournaments, and SFxT gets a pretty good amount. I think we should be a little more like the Capcom community in that respect. We shouldn't abandon a game and let it die, we should still have plenty of fun with it while making this new game the best it can be.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
Wow lol there seems to be a lot of people going, I wonder if I could beat one person D: . It's 2½ hours from my house.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
STORMS

I'm planning to have a dedicated stream at ceo I'm calling everyone to return to MK

MK9 is why most of us know each other and are friends. I feel like MK9 introduced me to some of my favorite people in the world love/hate/or just plain love to hate but respect.

We owe it to the game that brought us together

Plus I want no excuses when PL , dizzy or 16 bit and I (in any combo) are in grand finals at Evo.

As of last weekend I re-dedicated myself to being ready for Evo in MK9. Ill be truly difficult to defeat like last year

I hope it explodes, and I hope it continues to explode for years to come. I don't understand why people would throw a great game aside completely for another one. Look at Capcom players and the variety they have: AE, SFxT, UMvC3. What do we have? MK9 and Injustice. Yet AE and UMvC3 get massive turnouts at tournaments, and SFxT gets a pretty good amount. I think we should be a little more like the Capcom community in that respect. We shouldn't abandon a game and let it die, we should still have plenty of fun with it while making this new game the best it can be.

This. Fucking seriously.
It's like people dropped MK9 like a bad habit after INJ came out.
If you didn't like it so much, why spend 2 years playing it? C'mon now.

Plus, if you let it die then that leaves people like me who don't like INJ in the dust as far as events go. <.<

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
STORMS

I'm planning to have a dedicated stream at ceo I'm calling everyone to return to MK

MK9 is why most of us know each other and are friends. I feel like MK9 introduced me to some of my favorite people in the world love/hate/or just plain love to hate but respect.

Plus I want no excuses when PL , dizzy or 16 bit and I (in any combo) are in grand finals at Evo.

As of last weekend I re-dedicated myself to being ready for Evo in MK9. Ill be truly difficult to defeat like last year

Alex Jebailey
‏@CEOJebailey
@Test_Your_Might if all those guys really want to make an Effort for the game ill do my best to give it a proper sendoff!
"if you build it, they will come."

STORMS

YES!!!!, PL aint ready for that VEGAS THO!1 haha, but yeah evo should be tight, me and denzell definitely going to go hard, and hopefully Dab can go as well, we will be rdy. Denzell didn't get to play at UFGT, but rest assured, he will be going H.A.M. come evo.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
It's ok. I was gonna go to CEO for MK since day 1 I thought about going.

I'd never leave MK hanging. See you all there. ;)