What's new

Tier List through my eyes

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
GL doesn't do anything noteworthy to stop BA. Lift stopping divekick is a read. Good BAs will not spend all their time divekicking. In fact, GL spends much of the match chasing down BA or attempting to read divekick.
This, it's something a lot of BA players have a hard time doing because we just want to go in and get damage, but if you just sit back on GL he's completely managable. I learned these things the hard way. ;____________________;

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
BA is better than Aquaman, yes. Only GL beats Black Adam. There is nothing he can't do. Aquaman has to work a little harder. Batman is top tier too, but he's not better than WW/BA. WW/BA are in a class by themselves and Superman/Aquaman/Batman are right under them
BA does not lose to GL, he goes even with him but loses to WW 4-6

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
WW has no bad matchups? Yeah, I don't know about that. There's so little people playing her in the stage. I wouldn't know. But if you saying so...

But really can't see Superman under ANYONE in this game. Aquaman even tho is really strong against my character Batman (which doesn't have many juggle combo options against his trait and almost can't jump in against his D2), I know there's character that are strong against him like Super and Green Lantern. Who is Superman bad match up?
superman loses to BA.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
THTB I guess I was approaching the MU the wrong way, didn't realize that
Yeah, GL's major major problem is that matchups where he doesn't play to keep the opponent out, he's likely having to chase. His bad mobility is such a liability, as are his glitched strings (f2d13 and b23 should hit mid, but don't). It's only even because he has to get divekick on the feet to make it safe, and that's not easy, no matter how slow your movement is. He can no longer do moderately well spaced divekicks and be difficult to punish.

This matchup was in GL's favor until BAs started to exploit GL's bad mobility.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah, GL's major major problem is that matchups where he doesn't play to keep the opponent out, he's likely having to chase. His bad mobility is such a liability, as are his glitched strings (f2d13 and b23 should hit mid, but don't). It's only even because he has to get divekick on the feet to make it safe, and that's not easy, no matter how slow your movement is. He can no longer do moderately well spaced divekicks and be difficult to punish.

This matchup was in GL's favor until BAs started to exploit GL's bad mobility.
Divekick wasnt safe before, B1 caught the backdashes

Art

Grave_Intent
I was just curious, if Tom has even played Lex sense the patch? I messed around with him and he seems so much faster now then he used to be. His links seem much more crisp so to speak. He doesn't have as much hang time in the air and his move speed seems faster. I could be wrong however becasue I don't know all the frame data from before the patch on him but I don't think he deserves to be at the bottom.

damn, whats so good about WW?
WONDER WOMAN IS the most over rated character in this game lol.
she is not as good as people think no bad match ups ? haha
batman says hi.
and for the record ww does not beat ba or GL people just dont know the match up.
its funny how people utter complete rubbish with out seeing any facts or seeing it in tourney play
wonder woman is just not known by many because no one really plays her.
people saw foxy's wonder woman, and automatically think shes now s tier.
not taking into account the people he was playing dont know her at all.
yes it is going to look like wonder woman is top 5 when no on e is exposing her weaknesses or knows her.
i can assure you the character is so under used that many of player top or causal dont know her at all
half of these clowns calling her top dont even know why they call her top lol.

people think because foxy was blowing up brady an d reo who knew nothing of the match up
they forget zyphox flash who was also exposing brady at the charity stream does that mean flash is now top 5
this character is yet to place top 8 at any major let alone top 32.

it makes me laugh how you guys have not seen tom brady an d reo are so over rated as far as this game goes.
its funny how everything they say is taken like the holy words in this community.
its like people fail to see this game isnt mk9 .
looks like the shift in power is going to towards the capcom players

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
WONDER WOMAN IS the most over rated character in this game lol.
she is not as good as people think no bad match ups ? haha
batman says hi.
and for the record ww does not beat ba or GL people just dont know the match up.
its funny how people utter complete rubbish with out seeing any facts or seeing it in tourney play
wonder woman is just not known by many because no one really plays her.
people saw foxy's wonder woman, and automatically think shes now s tier.
not taking into account the people he was playing dont know her at all.
yes it is going to look like wonder woman is top 5 when no on e is exposing her weaknesses or knows her.
i can assure you the character is so under used that many of player top or causal dont know her at all
half of these clowns calling her top dont even know why they call her top lol.

people think because foxy was blowing up brady an d reo who knew nothing of the match up
they forget zyphox flash who was also exposing brady at the charity stream does that mean flash is now top 5
this character is yet to place top 8 at any major let alone top 32.

it makes me laugh how you guys have not seen tom brady an d reo are so over rated as far as this game goes.
its funny how everything they say is taken like the holy words in this community.
its like people fail to see this game isnt mk9 .
looks like the shift in power is going to towards the capcom players
I say thee WW does have some big weaknesses, no real true zoning/projectile game. She's a pure rushdown character with great mobility... but when she gets in on people like NightWing, he can outpoke and outrange her and that its a tough matchup. And she has to GET IN in the first place... and there are two characters that make it hard, Green Arrow and Green Lantern. Other than that she can curbstomp everyone once you know how to use her. Just takes a while.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
No, he REALLY doesn't.
None can zone in this matchup, BA punishes superman much harder for doing so and has better hit and run pressure along with ways to ruin F23. Superman needs the corner and trait badly in this MU.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Compelling argument. But to whit I counter in point with. Yes, he REALLY does. Bet you cannot provide another completely meaningless argument in counter-point.

Wanna bet?

But in all seriousness I really don't see how Superman loses to B. Adam. Could you clarify? Because until now all Qwark28 did was give me his opinion. No explanation in his arguments either.

Wanna bet?

But in all seriousness I really don't see how Superman loses to B. Adam. Could you clarify? Because until now all Qwark28 did was give me his opinion. No explanation in his arguments either.

I would call it a 5-5 MU personally, but the argument typically is that BA'dam can bypass the zoning with his divekick and has in general better tools up close from a frame advantage perspective, while having better dashes so he can control the spacing better. F2,3~breath loops are very punishable by badam as he can bdash then punish, and can interrupt with his 112 string for good damage.

More importantly, and the real argument here, is that Badam is BETTER than superman. Not because of the match-up between him and supes, but because of the MUs he has with the other tops vs Supes MUs.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
F2,3~breath loops are very punishable by badam as he can bdash then punish
That argument is weak. You just removed entirely the mind game of this theory. Nothing avoids the Superman player to vary his loops. If the Black Adam is ALWAYS back dashing after F23~breath, Superman can dash and repeat instead of doing another F23 right away. Or just do a Superman punch to catch the back dash. Anyways...

Agreed, this match up is 5-5 imo also. I'm not sure about BA been better than Supes, but if he is Super comes right after him in the tier list, that's for damn sure.