What's new

Those Quotes We All Wish We Could Take Back -- The Forgiveness Thread

coolwhip

Noob
Jesus fucking Christ you don't quit with that do you? I have explained several times I meant fuzzy guarding but didn't fully understand what fuzzy guarding was at the time, so I wrote reacting. How convenient that you decided not to look for that quote. What is it with the constant referring back to my old posts without also quoting the parts where I've changed what I've said? Give it a rest.
You want to go find the quote where I say that Nightwing's pressure is better than Wonder Woman's while you're at it? Go right ahead. It doesn't fucking exist.
So stfu, if you're going to select particular quotes from before at least recognise when I revise what I said too.
Uh...dude, this thread is kinda for fun.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Your underage!!!
It's allowed as long as it's under the supervision of an adult :p
And *You're ;)

Uh...dude, this thread is kinda for fun.
Yeah I get that and I'd be fine with it had it been included that I explained what I meant later. Instead I'm still being partially quoted or misquoted to suit them and it keeps happening...not even just to me. BUT it's cool, let the thread continue with other wacky 2013 opinions, derailing is no fun anyway :)

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Jesus fucking Christ you don't quit with that do you? I have explained several times I meant fuzzy guarding but didn't fully understand what fuzzy guarding was at the time, so I wrote reacting. How convenient that you decided not to look for that quote. What is it with the constant referring back to my old posts without also quoting the parts where I've changed what I've said? Give it a rest.
You want to go find the quote where I say that Nightwing's pressure is better than Wonder Woman's while you're at it? Go right ahead. It doesn't fucking exist.
So stfu, if you're going to select particular quotes from before at least recognise when I revise what I said too.
Dude chill. Don't you think that everyone who's been quoted in this thread has "revised what they said"?
Have a Snickers:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Dude chill. Don't you think that everyone who's been quoted in this thread has "revised what they said"?
Have a Snickers:
Yeah, but they're apologising/revising now. I've explained what I meant before, making what I originally said invalid, yet somehow I'm still continually blown up for it.
Wouldn't a picture of a Scottish beer saying "Here, have a beer/ale. You're not you when you're sober." be more appropriate? :DOGE

@Youphemism
I want a beer, there isn't any :(

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
You can't fuzzy guard it though...

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
She does lol I just know how to control it.
Catwoman has a hard neutral game. Lex Luthor has a hard neutral game. Joker and Killer Frost have a hard neutral game.

Batgirl does not have a 'hard' neutral game. It's not as easy as someone like Doomsday, but it is not hard by any measure in this game.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Catwoman has a hard neutral game. Lex Luthor has a hard neutral game. Joker and Killer Frost have a hard neutral game.

Batgirl does not have a 'hard' neutral game. It's not as easy as someone like Doomsday, but it is not hard by any measure in this game.
No she has the second hardest neutral game in the entire game. Her gameplan is easy though. Zat has the hardest neutral game. Once you control it, you can wreck anybody. Use BG to prove me wrong at a tournament.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I am not forgiving Bane or Flash players anytime soon. I don't want to hear this much whining when MKX comes around and a character is broken because of buff that THEY DID NOT NEED.
Yeah I remember when the Banes were crying for buffs...
Oh wait, no, actual Bane players were declining the idea of getting buffs like charge cancel.

Well there was the outcry to get better venom!
Wait, wait no... We were fine after the first one that made us actually have dashes.

Uh... The only thing I seem to remember is you knowing nothing of strength.

when everyone said bg was mid tier
I do recall saying I don't think a character with only 50/50s should be in top 5, but that was before I knew of her damage output.
I was right about KF though. Shades of MylesWright.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
No she has the second hardest neutral game in the entire game. Her gameplan is easy though. Zat has the hardest neutral game. Once you control it, you can wreck anybody. Use BG to prove me wrong at a tournament.
Does she fuck have the 2nd hardest neutral with her ridiculous dash, cartwheel, amazing jumping attacks into 50/50's, decent reaching safe low, bola, fast projectile and teleport.

You not losing a game since evo kind of proves me right. Let's not mess around, you're obviously top 3 player, but to the point where you're not losing? Batgirl's neutral isn't that hard that you're working SO hard to open someone up really is it?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Does she fuck have the 2nd hardest neutral with her ridiculous dash, cartwheel, amazing jumping attacks into 50/50's, decent reaching safe low, bola, fast projectile and teleport.

You not losing a game since evo kind of proves me right. Let's not mess around, you're obviously top 3 player, but to the point where you're not losing? Batgirl's neutral isn't that hard that you're working SO hard to open someone up really is it?
Its actually not easy against a lot of the cast because she has a shit time getting in on people.
That fact alone, the moment she falls behind she gets KF syndrome, is what helps me sleep at night as a Bane player.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Its actually not easy against a lot of the cast because she has a shit time getting in on people.
That fact alone, the moment she falls behind she gets KF syndrome, is what helps me sleep at night as a Bane player.
It's not a shit time compared to characters that have bad dashes, bad jump attacks and no offensive teleport, or a projectile that albeit slow grants a combo into a vortex. It's not a shit time when one mistake or one blocked jump in can mean your life, let's stop pretending like she has to work harder than a lot of other characters.

SonicFox5000

The Best.

A smart BG will find a way to open people up. I cant dash in without being checked by literally any string, cartwheel options can all be OSd. See PLs thread. Ji2 mixup can be backdashed. I have to take risks to open people up, however they are hella in my favor. See how PL played me at TFC. I am just a smart BG player and know how to open people up and keep you guessing.

Look at Lex:
Amazing Trait. D3. Ji3--> mixup, probe setups.
Kf: Progressing slide thats a mixup against alot of characters on block. *SAFE VORTEX. Good zoning.

BG: Ji2/Tele
Its not my fault people dont know how to limit BGs options. Shes FAR better than those characters, but she still has the hardest neutral.
Your trying to prove me wrong yet you dont even know how to BG. Pick her up and let me see you actually do good with her. Because I cant.

SonicFox5000

The Best.

Im just a good player who understands the game. You also need to understand that opening people up with bg is hard, but when she does, she can potentially kill you. And as a BG player that knows her inside out, i tend to only need 1 hit.

E

Eldriken

So...how about NOT turning this into an effin' debate about a character's neutral? That's going way off topic.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It's not a shit time compared to characters that have bad dashes, bad jump attacks and no offensive teleport, or a projectile that albeit slow grants a combo into a vortex. It's not a shit time when one mistake or one blocked jump in can mean your life, let's stop pretending like she has to work harder than a lot of other characters.
I would literally have a harder time against anyone else barring KF getting in than BG. I can check her approach with a d.1/d.2 and its free.

But I forgive you for the above quote. Its ok.