What's new

Those Quotes We All Wish We Could Take Back -- The Forgiveness Thread

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So per idea of an unnamed Texas Sinestro player, in combination with some material I ran by when browsing old threads, I would like to start a thread of some of the zaniest, and most memorable quotes from this community that didn't quite work out as expected. Being that we're a few months away from 2015, I figure that we can all look back at the last few years, laugh a bit, and get ready to move towards a new chapter.

So here's your chance to remind that guy you told back in 2012 that he'd be wrong; or to forgive someone who was lovably off the mark.

To get started, here are a couple I found while browsing EVO threads:

I actually disagree with everyone saying KoF will make Evo 2013. I love the game and would rather see it than any other non-MK game, but it's no secret that a significant amount of people signed up for the free t-shirt. There was not enough international attendance to make up for the huge discrepancies between the number of signups and the KoF turnout at majors. I even heard a case where someone who didn't play the game at all made it out of his Evo pool for free because only 1 other person showed up. We can't pretend Mr Wizard didn't realize this, either.
(Following this, KoF was announced for its 137th year at EVO).

Digimon actually said he's almost 100% sure KoF13 will be at Evo 2012. I still don't know why this is.
(Said a year earlier, in 2012, just before was announced for EVO 2012).

Tom Brady said:
Hate to break the news but MK9 is not in EVO this year. My source is someone on the "in" so I wont name them. It is however confirmed, no MK9 this year.
(MK9 was announced later that night for a 3rd year at EVO)

I love both of these guys. <3 Tom <3 Rev0lver

Impractical Joker said:
You really think PerfectLegend is going to get top 8 again? Gtfo
(Said to shortly before PerfectLegend reached his 3rd consecutive MK9 Top 8 at EVO 2013. In fairness though, Impractical Joker did predict DJT to win EVO).

AK Pig Of The Hut said:
GTFO I'm glad in your in my pool because I'm going to fucking destroy u
AK Pig Of The Hut said:
I am your problem in our pool and I expect to be dining on a fresh plate of Cat
(Said just before Cat beat Pig at FR 2013 and then went to eat a massive bowl of ice cream with his girlfriend).

April 15, 2013:
Death said:
I'm using superman and hes fucking terrible. No mix up game at all. and very clunky with shitty zoning. I miss Sonya :(
Death said:
Man its like week 1 for me lol and Im still getting my back blown out. I just need to find a character that fits my style. Superman just has no rushdown and no mixups at all. Its the complete opposite than my MK9 character lol.
April 29, 2013:
Death said:
His lasers have pretty slow start up and hella negative on block. he just feels strong somewhat cuz he gets around zoning but i can see him dropping. He has nothing dirty up close or even from a far. I'm keeping it real here. Superman just feels strong because of his air mobility and air heat vision which helps gets around zoning.
Death said:
Superman has good spacing. but his dive punch low scoop will get full combo punished as the game evolves. I can see him ending up being a turtle character and whiff punisher. His zoning is so overrated. Hella slow on start up.
(Superman braves The Struggle to win EVO 2013 as a mostly rushdown and zoning character).

So go forth TYM -- dig up those quotes you've been hiding in the vault for months or years; if you can find them :D

Last edited:

Bugman

Noob
I don't have no regret for this game at all I love Injustice as much I love Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Super Smash Bros.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
What is his Lightning Cage good for? I don't see it being used as a combo extender that much now.
Just talking about the 2 big flaws that Black Adam has currently.

1) Black Adam has a terrible time against jumpers and zippy characters like Batman. It makes matters worse when Black Adams own playstyle encourages jumping.

2) Up close, Black adam has a hard time maintaining any offense since most of his options (good ones) are negated by a poke in a universal coverage sort of way.

They may not be problems soon enough he shows potential with a few setups
I know this is week 1 stuff, nonetheless still funny.