What's new

Those Quotes We All Wish We Could Take Back -- The Forgiveness Thread

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
The top 4 is pretty much set with Martian, Aqua, Batgirl and Zod. That leaves the fifth spot, but even that is left with Bane, Sinestro, Superman, and Flash. She has doesn't match up to any of these characters in terms of tier (matchup wise she may do fine but these characters are clearly better).
i don't see how any of those characters could be better than her other than the flash. im curious as to what number u'd put her at tho.

Hades

Noob
@Slips @General M2Dave I think its time we have another podcast. I miss all these old podcasts and i think this would be a perfect thing for you two to debate over a podcast. Come on it's been months since we had a good podcast! I'm sure i'm not the only one who misses the time where every man and his mother had a podcast

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
i don't see how any of those characters could be better than her other than the flash.
Have you played lately? I don't think it's even questionable at this point that those characters are better. Maybe a few patches/metas ago but def not now.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
The Sektor analogy aside, falling from 3rd to 12th best is actually a significant deterioration. Deathstroke deteriorated from super top tier to high mid tier.

Characters who are definitely better than Deathstroke are as follows.

- Aquaman
- Bane
- Batgirl
- Batman
- The Flash
- Martian Manhunter
- Sinestro
- Superman
- Wonder Woman
- Zod

I have also excluded characters like Black Adam, Doomsday, and Green Lantern who may be debated.
Batman is not better than Deathstroke.

coolwhip

Noob
My turn to grade

You get an F for FECES spewing from your mouth. You know what's worse than than going from 3rd best to 12th? (Probably 10th, but whatever)

Going from 3rd best to dead last. Something you did to Scorpion. Something you are directly 100% responsible for.

Even after Scorp was nerfed into oblivion you said it wasn't enough and he was still broke. I've been wrong before, nobody's perfect, but this made it clear you have no idea what you're talking about and you'll hurt the game, the community, and it's players for your own agendas and personal gain.

When you measure DS in contrast to the rest of the cast without including DLC. (which is where he was measured before, so excluding Batgirl, Zod and MMH) Deathstroke EASILY makes the top 10. So when we're comparing fairly, DS went from 3rd to 6th or 7th, with these characters clearly being better than DS.

1. Aquaman
2. Bane
3. The Flash
4. Sinestro
5. Superman

Just to recap little David, you always say I'm responsible for DS. Even though it's not true, I'll take the ownership and say the job I did with DS (From 3rd to 6th) was far better than the job you did with Scorp. (3rd to last)

So that extra credit you turned in to help out with that F you got earlier turned out to be a D for Delusional Hypocrisy.

Personally I feel you should be held back to Injustice before moving on to MKX. You've got a lot of learning to do still.
God damn...

coolwhip

Noob
Perfect Legend, who really struggled at that time, picked up pre-patch Scorpion and started beating people convincingly all of a sudden.
16 Bit, who struggled for 4 months with Killer Frost, picked up Catwoman and started getting top 8's. Catwoman confirmed broke.

PS: I'm honestly not trolling when I say that at least 35% (I don't know why I came up with that number) of the reaction to Scorpion was in fear of Perfect Legend winning EVO. He was constantly brought up as if he was some scrub at Injustice before that, and just had to pick up Scorpion to win. He went to one (stacked) tournament, UFGT, got 9th (getting bodied by pre-patch killer frost and pre-patch metropolis rooftop. Hardly embarrassing), so no, he wasn't "struggling." Let's stop with that narrative that Scorpion is so broke because crappy players were able to place with him.

Also, I like how an argument was always: "If those Scorpion mains made top 8 at CEO, imagine what would happen once they find more strategies with him." Uh, yeah, that goes both ways: If those Scorpion players got blown up in top 8 because people slightly knew how to fight him, imagine what would happen once these people learned the match-up even more.

Scorpion needed to be toned down for sure but there's nothing that will ever convince me that the reaction to him as well as the talking points were anything other than embarrassing.

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
"It's not a problem because it's hard to execute."

TYM has let that argument fly in both MK9 and Injustice. Can we agree to burn anyone alive that utters it when MKX comes out?
Funny thing is nothing in either game is really that execution heavy. And this especially applies to Kabal. I mean, yeah he requires more work than others to master his stuff but it's really not that difficult.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Actually, I haven't vented in a while, so I'll make this quick.

A giant f8ck you to the entirety of 8WayRun forums.

When SCV was released, I played Viola and said the character was really, really good.
Everyone called me an idiot and put her in C-tier.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I want a personal apology from all the players below, preferably in person at a tournament.

@m2dave for telling me Zod was mediocre when he first launched, and telling me I was a fool for saying he was top tier. Many of you others owe @Konqrr an apology for saying instant air Zod balls wouldn't be a problem. Late to the party much?

@Slips for telling me how viable and good Lobo was first patch. Some of the most ridiculous things were uttered in the same sentence as Lobo such as "one of the best backdashes, better command grab than Walking Corpse, good wake-ups, etc." I almost went blind after the whole ordeal.

@All the players who thought DoomsDay was top tier first patch. Noobe was the only player who knew how hard and unfair it was trying to win back then having to fight pre-patch characters like Batmans, Black Adams, Supermans, Killer Frosts, Cyborgs, Block Inf Aquaman, etc. etc.

@GGA 16 Bit for selling me the biggest bill in history claiming Killer Frost was number one very early patch. I went from beating players like Rico and CDjr to losing to them suddenly, when I was already crushing them with my main. A total month of my time wasted on that character.

@Pig of the hut and other Sinestros for claiming how unviable and how their character was never given a chance to live. It took you guys a year to find out you can combo off push block with your character, really?

@All the Batman players who judged and looked down at me for dropping Batman as a "foolish" thing to do. That character has some problems only few to this day seem to realize. Better late some of you are starting to see it than never, I suppose.

If I don't get an apology from any of you above, I will personally beat it out if you in MK10 in six months.

All love <3, but apologize, seriously... I had the guts to apologize for my sayings.
I apologize

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
16 Bit, who struggled for 4 months with Killer Forst, picked up Catwoman and started getting top 8's. Catwoman confirmed broke.
Actually Bit 'picked up' Catwoman, then struggled for months, couldn't buy a top 8 and was bodied at his own locals. He reached viability only after grinding for weeks on end and labbing every detail of matchups, and still losing and being emo.

There is absolutely no comparison. :mad:

coolwhip

Noob
Actually Bit 'picked up' Catwoman, then struggled for months, couldn't buy a top 8 and was bodied at his own locals. He reached viability only after grinding for weeks on end and labbing every detail of matchups, and still losing and being emo.

There is absolutely no comparison. :mad:
My dear Crimson, the same can be said about your "how many tournaments had 3 week 1 mains making top 8?" question, when not a single tournament had 3 week one mains attending to begin with, other than CEO because it just happened to be right after the release of a DLC. Every other tournament, by definition can't have multiple week 1 mains attending (unless it's the first Injustice tournament) because people would have been playing a character a good while before a tournament, unless there's a huge coincidence that made multiple people drop their mains and pick up another character on the week of a tournament, which never happens.

I understand you feel you have an obligation to push this agenda because you refuse to budge over your position on this a year ago, but if you want to spot inconsistencies, spot it with the statement that PL was "struggling" until picking up Scorpion, especially when his other characters leveled up, as evidence by his Doomsday bodying Chris G at VXG and Batman bodying KDZ. So could it be that the guy got 9th at a stacked tournament and then just...*GASP* improved at the game? No, that would be too far-fetched. It's gotta be Scorpion. I'm sure Scorpion's brokenness transcended into PL's Batman and Doomsday.

Any time someone still pushes the same agenda they did a year ago, it really sounds awkward. It's not so much that the idea that Scorpion might have been broke that's flawed (he definitely needed toning down), it's that the arguments you guys base this on are so easy a 9 year old can dissect them.

My man Crimson, tell me this, remember when you were pumping up your boy KDZ left right and center around CEO/EVO time? Do you remember what happened to KDZ for the first few months (and pretty much every month after that with the exception of that one weekend at Winter Brawl) after his character got nerfed and how he was getting bodied (by his own character too!)? Yeah, I wonder why you don't look back at that and go: Damn, that must be because Superman was so broke, I wish we lobbied for Superman to be nerfed before EVO. But instead, we're not supposed to discredit him in any way (understandable, since he's an awesome player), but when it comes to PL and Scorpion, the argument that he went from scrub (untrue) to great because of Scorpion is air tight. Please.

PS: Bit never went to a tournament with Catwoman before KIT. He struggled for a bit at his own locals but then he was doing quite well in a pretty quick time (and that was before Catwoman even had her F1 into overhead buff. I'm not actually suggesting Catwoman was as good as pre-patch Scorpion, I was being sarcastic). So yeah, not even your above post is accurate. He only "couldn't buy a top 8" with Killer Frost, NEVER with Catwoman.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
My dear Crimson, the same can be said about your "how many tournaments had 3 week 1 mains making top 8?" question, when not a single tournament had 3 week one mains attending to begin with, other than CEO because it just happened to be right after the release of a DLC. Every other tournament, by definition can't have multiple week 1 mains attending (unless it's the first Injustice tournament) because people would have been playing a character a good while before a tournament, unless there's a huge coincidence that made multiple people drop their mains and pick up another character on the week of a tournament, which never happens.

I understand you feel you have an obligation to push this agenda because you refuse to budge over your position on this a year ago, but if you want to spot inconsistencies, spot it with the statement that PL was "struggling" until picking up Scorpion, especially when his other characters leveled up, as evidence by his Doomsday bodying Chris G at VXG and Batman bodying KDZ. So could it be that the guy got 9th at a stacked tournament and then just...*GASP* improved at the game? No, that would be too far-fetched. It's gotta be Scorpion. I'm sure Scorpion's brokenness transcended into PL's Batman and Doomsday.

Any time someone still pushes the same agenda they did a year ago, it really sounds awkward. It's not so much that the idea that Scorpion might have been broke that's flawed (he definitely needed toning down), it's that the arguments you guys base this on are so easy a 9 year old can dissect them.

My man Crimson, tell me this, remember when you were pumping up your boy KDZ left right and center around CEO/EVO time? Do you remember what happened to KDZ for the first few months (and pretty much every month after that with the exception of that one weekend at Winter Brawl) after his character got nerfed and how he was getting bodied (by his own character too!)? Yeah, I wonder why you don't look back at that and go: Damn, that must be because Superman was so broke, I wish we lobbied for Superman to be nerfed before EVO. But instead, we're not supposed to discredit him in any way (understandable, since he's an awesome player), but when it comes to PL and Scorpion, the argument that he went from scrub (untrue) to great because of Scorpion is air tight. Please.

PS: Bit never went to a tournament with Catwoman before KIT. He struggled for a bit at his own locals but then he was doing quite well in a pretty quick time (and that was before Catwoman even had her F1 into overhead buff. I'm not actually suggesting Catwoman was as good as pre-patch Scorpion, I was being sarcastic). So yeah, not even your above post is accurate. He only "couldn't buy a top 8" with Killer Frost, NEVER with Catwoman.
So when bit said that he wasn't ready to use CW because he was getting bodied and wouldn't be able to compete for Top 8 with her, I suppose that was all a joke.

The real story is that he picked her up and after a week was beating everyone, but decided to have mercy on the rest of the community and hold back from tearing up tournaments to give others a chance :DOGE

Also it's not like I played PL and told everyone he was good when people were questioning if he was a decent Injustice player.

But truth be told, you won't even find 3 month 1 DLC mains in the entire string of top 8s. Or month 2. Or month 3. No matter how far you stretch it, there's nothing to really compare it to, and you're reaching farther and farther to try and explain it away. It was predicted and it happened.

Since you brought up Superman as the accepted and rightful foremost example of ultimate brokenness, remember that it still took the game's most broken character months to get more than one of him in Top 8 :) And it still mainly happened at EVO because it was the biggest tournament of the year and all scenes were present.

In any case, Slips has already echoed my thoughts about Scorpion and there's not much else to say. He needed a fix. The one he got was too drastic, but such is life.

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
So when bit said that he wasn't ready to use CW because he was getting bodied and wouldn't be able to compete for Top 8 with her, I suppose that was all a joke.

The real story is that he picked her up and after a week was beating everyone, but decided to have mercy on the rest of the community and hold back from tearing up tournaments to give others a chance :DOGE
You're still failing to detect sarcasm. Nobody would seriously compare Catwoman to pre-patch Scorpion. The point is, someone not doing well with a character and then doing well with another isn't an indicator of said character's place on a tier list. Also, fine, let's stick with PL: Please explain the improvement to his Batman and Doomsday. If the point is, he didn't do well with those characters but he did well with Scorpion, how on earth are you conveniently ignoring him doing well with Batman and Doomsday around the same time he was doing well with Scorpion? He improved. That's the real reason. Since you say you played him and seem to be in agreement with me about this, then you should understand how using THAT as an indicator of Scorpion's brokeness is flawed.

It was predicted and it happened.
What was predicted and happened? That PL, REO and CD Jr (back when he was actually good at the game) would actually make top 8? Alert the media...

And since you brought up Superman as the accepted and rightful foremost example of ultimate brokenness, remember that it still took the games most broken chatacter months to get more than one of him in Top 8 :) And it still mainly happened at EVO because it was the biggest tournament of the year and all scenes were present.
What majors were Theo, Slayer and KDZ attending with Superman during these 3 months for his brokeness to be on display? Yeah, my point exactly. Or are you seriously implying pre-patch Scorpion was better than pre-patch Superman? All of what happened at CEO simply means that Scorpion needed some time getting use to fighting against due to the back-to-block mechanics, not that he was extremely broke (keep in mind CEO took place after the initial fix to his flipkick and MB tele). Again, anyone who complained about him were A) complaining about their own inabilities to adapt to him originally (and that's not to say that he wasn't really good. He was. But you're kidding yourself if you don't think part of why most players initially struggled was getting used to blocking against him) and B) own up to the fact that they also should have been lobbying for Black Adam and Superman to be nerfed around the same time. Period. You can't act like it's no big deal Scorpion was swiftly nerfed while Black Adam and Superman were allowed to make a mockery out of EVO top 8. Sorry.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
The Great Scorpion Scare, demanding for paulo's job, and of course my black Adam comments are probably the single greatest whoopsie daisy moments of injustice.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Killer Frost got nerfed more then Deathstroke

The Great Scorpion Scare, demanding for paulo's job, and of course my black Adam comments are probably the single greatest whoopsie daisy moments of injustice.
'Scorpion breaks the mechanics of the game' and then I'm sure teleport and spear was described as a full-screen 50/50