What's new

Those Quotes We All Wish We Could Take Back -- The Forgiveness Thread

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
It was immediately apparent to anyone with eyes that they tried to shoehorn a character from a game with a block button into a game where you have to choose the right direction to block. And people seem to forget that NRS is a business which caters to a much larger crowd than just high level tournament players; if Scorpion didn't die, any hope of anyone ever playing this game online without getting obliterated by complete and utter Scorpion bullshit would have instead.

E

Eldriken

WTF happened to this thread? At this point replying with a regrettable quote from the past feels it'd be off-topic.
At least Fox stopped when I brought it up earlier in the topic.

Imagine that, someone who is probably quite a bit younger than some of these folks is far less eager to get into a dumb pissing contest.

Imagine that, someone who is probably quite a bit younger than some of these folks is far less eager to get into a dumb pissing contest.
I mean what do you expect? M2dave calls out slips/king and me, we just responding. If I threw off the thread in any way, I ask for forgiveness :p #YEEAAPP

E

Eldriken

I mean what do you expect? M2dave calls out slips/king and me, we just responding. If I threw off the thread in any way, I ask for forgiveness :p #YEEAAPP
Well, you're handling it differently to a degree. You're not being an asshole about it.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.

Sounds like you and your high horse are looking for a pissing contest of your own!

REO

Undead
I want a personal apology from all the players below, preferably in person at a tournament.

@m2dave for telling me Zod was mediocre when he first launched, and telling me I was a fool for saying he was top tier. Many of you others owe @Konqrr an apology for saying instant air Zod balls wouldn't be a problem. Late to the party much?

@Slips for telling me how viable and good Lobo was first patch. Some of the most ridiculous things were uttered in the same sentence as Lobo such as "one of the best backdashes, better command grab than Walking Corpse, good wake-ups, etc." I almost went blind after the whole ordeal.

@All the players who thought DoomsDay was top tier first patch. Noobe was the only player who knew how hard and unfair it was trying to win back then having to fight pre-patch characters like Batmans, Black Adams, Supermans, Killer Frosts, Cyborgs, Block Inf Aquaman, etc. etc.

@GGA 16 Bit for selling me the biggest bill in history claiming Killer Frost was number one very early patch. I went from beating players like Rico and CDjr to losing to them suddenly, when I was already crushing them with my main. A total month of my time wasted on that character.

@Pig of the hut and other Sinestros for claiming how unviable and how their character was never given a chance to live. It took you guys a year to find out you can combo off push block with your character, really?

@All the Batman players who judged and looked down at me for dropping Batman as a "foolish" thing to do. That character has some problems only few to this day seem to realize. Better late some of you are starting to see it than never, I suppose.

If I don't get an apology from any of you above, I will personally beat it out if you in MK10 in six months.

All love <3, but apologize, seriously... I had the guts to apologize for my sayings.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I want a personal apology from all the players below, preferably in person at a tournament.

@Slips for telling me how viable and good Lobo was first patch. Some of the most ridiculous things were uttered in the same sentence as Lobo such as "one of the best backdashes, better command grab than Walking Corpse, good wake-ups, etc." I almost went blind after the whole ordeal.
It's only fair I own up to this. Despite the infinite that was never found, Lobo sucked. 16 Bit was gone from work and I realized beating up the testers that remained did not mean he was actually viable.

I apologize.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
@All the Batman players who judged and looked down at me for dropping Batman as a "foolish" thing to do. That character has some problems only few to this day seem to realize. Better late some of you are starting to see it than never, I suppose.
Well I never said dropping Batman was foolish of you, but I apologize for not realizing how many holes and problems he had earlier I guess :confused:

Slips

No. Slips is just salty that Scorpion was over normalized. I do admit that Scorpion was "Kano'd". But so were Black Adam and Deathstroke.

Perfect Legend, who really struggled at that time, picked up pre-patch Scorpion and started beating people convincingly all of a sudden. REO did the same offline and online against quality competition. He would beat KDZ and Rico Suave 10:2, which he could never do, not even with pre-patch Batman.
How can a character be "Kano'd" who potentially top 10?

Perfect Legend beat KDZ and won CEO with Batman, not Scorpion.

Scorpion is hard to fight the first time you fight him. Like I said, once you get past his day 1 strats, he wasn't that bad. Too bad most people will never know that since you all were 'prisoners of the moment' and got him raped.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Scorpion is hard to fight the first time you fight him. Like I said, once you get past his day 1 strats, he wasn't that bad. Too bad most people will never know that since you all were 'prisoners of the moment' and got him raped.
Pre-patch Scorpion was a top 3 character. Claiming that he "was not that bad" reveals your true opinion. You are biased and a pre-patch Scorpion sympathizer.

How can a character be "Kano'd" who potentially top 10?
Serious question: where do you think vanilla Deathstroke would sit in the current meta? Vanilla injustice kind of feels like a lifetime ago for me and I was just a scrub trying to practice dash blocking back then....I can't even remember what the chip was like or how safe/unsafe his guns were.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
then tell me....who exactly is top five? -_- wowo is perfectly elegible for top 5
The top 4 is pretty much set with Martian, Aqua, Batgirl and Zod. That leaves the fifth spot, but even that is left with Bane, Sinestro, Superman, and Flash. She has doesn't match up to any of these characters in terms of tier (matchup wise she may do fine but these characters are clearly better).

Slips

Pre-patch Scorpion was a top 3 character. Claiming that he "was not that bad" reveals your true opinion. You are biased and a pre-patch Scorpion sympathizer.
My opinion is that release date Scorpion was broken, the patch after 3 days after release he was still very very good. Probably top 5 and needed to be tweaked. But ultimately we'll never know cause you decided to start your riot mob and got Scorp raped. You showed no faith in NRS and the fact you guys accuse me making Scorp broken for my own agenda was insulting.

Meanwhile, Deathstroke still competes with every character in the cast and you still somehow complain. The disconnect here is astounding.