What's new

The Walking Dead Season 5

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Well he did say he doesn't like her. I don't blame him. Just a boring character overall imo.
Oh I know. There is nothing wrong with hating a character. I'm just sensing that DUE to his/her dislike for the character that they are REACHING about her circumstances and thus unjustly criticizing Beth.

She clearly couldn't escape while shooting walkers, covering Noah, and then essentially being taken down by a guard. I just perceive it differently...

Oh I know. There is nothing wrong with hating a character. I'm just sensing that DUE to his/her dislike for the character that they are REACHING about her circumstances and thus unjustly criticizing Beth.

She clearly couldn't escape while shooting walkers, covering Noah, and then essentially being taken down by a guard. I just perceive it differently...
Can we talk about how she headshotted like 15 walkers, smashed one in the head, fought like 3 of them off upclose, planned and killed gorman, and stood up to dawn and the doctor and called them out on their lies at the end of the show?

She's stronger and I bet she's gonna save Carol like she saved Noah.
And i was mad that noah just left like that, but look at Beth, she smiled and showed no remorse. She's a good person, and she's much stronger now.

RunwayMafia

Can we talk about how she headshotted like 15 walkers, smashed one in the head, fought like 3 of them off upclose, planned and killed gorman, and stood up to dawn and the doctor and called them out on their lies at the end of the show?

She's stronger and I bet she's gonna save Carol like she saved Noah.
And i was mad that noah just left like that, but look at Beth, she smiled and showed no remorse. She's a good person, and she's much stronger now.
Exactly. It doesn't take a genius to pick up her massive character development.

She is fierce...just not in a Michonne/Carol way.

People are pressed that she is actually NO LONGER the liability when we first met her. She orchestrated the death of Gorman on the fly...saved Noah and enjoyed it, and was prepared to kill that annoying ass doctor. Loving her!

RunwayMafia

i think Noah's the one hiding behind Daryl and Rick's group will go and rescue Beth and Carol from the hospital. it sucks that we have to wait 2 weeks to find out
Your hunches are ALWAYS spot on, so yeah, I agree. Noah is with Daryl. Daryl and Carol were watching the whole parking lot/escape scene from afar. Thus Carol is faked her way into The Cray Cray hospital while Daryl and Noah go back to get Rick and co.

However, knowing Carol's fierce ass, she'll slay everyone in 30 minutes and will have the hospital blown up by the time Rick and co. arrive, lol.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
I really hope that nothing bad happened to Carol, if Beth is the one Daryl is refering to when he says "come on out" and it's because Carol had to sacrifice herself for Beth... Please Walking Dead... don't do this....
If my sources are correct it will be Noah who is with Daryl.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Girlfriend and I didn't like this episode at all. Not a fan of Beth. At least Carol showed up to save her ass. Example if Carol would've been in Beh's shoes:

Beth kills Gorman and gets access to gun. Decision: Attempt to sneak out with the other dude and uses the gun on the walkers yet still manages to get recaptured.

Carol kills Gorman and gets access to a gun. Decision: Earns a killstreak popping headhots on Dawn and her crew before eating a hot gerbil sandwich in the mess hall.

Fuck Beth.

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
If my sources are correct it will be Noah who is with Daryl.
Sounds about right. What I really want to know is who Beth was intending on killing before she saw Carol, if it was the doctor, then why? Also the doctor says that they almost never leave the hospital. Then why are there people driving around in cars in the middle of the forest looking for people like Beth, and how did they just happen to find someone that had fallen off a building? Did they hear or see him, he must've been rather close for them to get to him so quickly. Also they have a lot of cars but they leave the gate open so that walkers can get inside and attack the people trying to use the cars? I'm confused :(

RunwayMafia

Girlfriend and I didn't like this episode at all. Not a fan of Beth. At least Carol showed up to save her ass. Example if Carol would've been in Beh's shoes:

Beth kills Gorman and gets access to gun. Decision: Attempt to sneak out with the other dude and uses the gun on the walkers yet still manages to get recaptured.

Carol kills Gorman and gets access to a gun. Decision: Earns a killstreak popping headhots on Dawn and her crew before eating a hot gerbil sandwich in the mess hall.

Fuck Beth.
*takes a sip from martini*

Let's discuss this, shall we? ;)

I totally get people not giving a shit about Beth or just not liking her. I can accept that, lol. However, with that said....

1.) So you are suggesting that once Beth had access to Gorman's gun, she should have killed everyone? Didn't she make an escape plan/pact with Noah? Think about it, there are people and guards throughout that shady ass facility. Had she gone Rambo that could have compromised Noah or hell, the both of them. They just wanted out...

2.) I love Carol and I agree that she would have "handled" them. But Beth isn't Carol. Beth was very strategic this episode and this is clearly her "fierceness" wake up call. Plus Carol is no fool; she very well could have handled it in a similar fashion to Beth...killing them off one by one a la Michael Myers, lol.

3.) I just re-watched the escape scene and she clearly could not have just ran out of there. Unless of course you wanted to see Noah get sacrificed. Nope, she covered his ass, took down walkers, and then was tackled. People need to stop painting a different picture with this scene lol.

4.) I think most people hate Beth because they realize they would be more like her in a zombie apocalypse as opposed to a Shane/Michonne/Rick/bad ass.

Don't give up on her yet...she may end up saving your favorite down the road!

cR Biohazard

Team Torr

I totally get people not giving a shit about Beth or just not liking her. I can accept that, lol. However, with that said....

1.) So you are suggesting that once Beth had access to Gorman's gun, she should have killed everyone? Didn't she make an escape plan/pact with Noah? Think about it, there are people and guards throughout that shady ass facility. Had she gone Rambo that could have compromised Noah or hell, the both of them. They just wanted out...

2.) I love Carol and I agree that she would have "handled" them. But Beth isn't Carol. Beth was very strategic this episode and this is clearly her "fierceness" wake up call. Plus Carol is no fool; she very well could have handled it in a similar fashion to Beth...killing them off one by one a la Michael Myers, lol.

3.) I just re-watched the escape scene and she clearly could not have just ran out of there. Unless of course you wanted to see Noah get sacrificed. Nope, she covered his ass, took down walkers, and then was tackled. People need to stop painting a different picture with this scene lol.

4.) I think most people hate Beth because they realize they would be more like her in a zombie apocalypse as opposed to a Shane/Michonne/Rick/bad ass.

Where was she when Shane died!?!? :mad:

RunwayMafia

Sounds about right. What I really want to know is who Beth was intending on killing before she saw Carol, if it was the doctor, then why? Also the doctor says that they almost never leave the hospital. Then why are there people driving around in cars in the middle of the forest looking for people like Beth, and how did they just happen to find someone that had fallen off a building? Did they hear or see him, he must've been rather close for them to get to him so quickly. Also they have a lot of cars but they leave the gate open so that walkers can get inside and attack the people trying to use the cars? I'm confused :(
I share these same questions, lol. I think all these people are just slaves to these faux pigs (police officers).

I kind of view it as a mini Woodbury in a hospital setting.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Good questions. I kind of think she was just ready to go crazy on those fools and (probably) die trying to get out of there, you know? But then she saw Carol and that changed her mind. Perhaps he meant they as in the workers. The cops probably go out and search for other people that they can get to work for them or just come across injured people while searching for supplies and food. It's mostly just bad writing when you have to come up with explanations for these things, but perhaps they clear out the walkers every time they go out.. or a herd just happened to be passing by.. I don't know, like I said, maybe it's just bad writing. *shrugs*

mkkevin

Noob
This episode rocked. I was so excited throughout the whole episode, and damn I was nervous as hell seeing her run through those zombies. And Carol though!

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

My distaste for her came during the farm arc when she was being a baby about this entire situation and cutting herself and wanting to die. Basically becoming a detriment to the group. I know I'm not gonna be a Rick or Daryl...I'm a Glenn the character quiz said so ;)

RunwayMafia

My distaste for her came during the farm arc when she was being a baby about this entire situation and cutting herself and wanting to die. Basically becoming a detriment to the group. I know I'm not gonna be a Rick or Daryl...I'm a Glenn the character quiz said so ;)
Lol, yes, I totally get you. However, don't you find Beth's situation to be totally legit and realistic? Also, allow for me a moment to play devils advocate....

Were you in love with season 1/2 Carol? Battered, weak, slightly annoying Carol? I highly doubt it. Just look at her amazing development into the FANTASTIC, BAD ASS BITCH she is now. We, as an audience, allowed for Carol to become Queen Carol.

Look at Beth...lived a goody two shoe existence on a farm with a religious family and a very structured life. Had her moment of whining and wanting to just die. She made a choice and decided to be a SURVIVOR. (and trust me, I think they could really make her ANNOYING as hell, as compared as to how she really is)

Now, you are talking about a character from season 2....Beth IS NOT the same from season 2 any more than Carol is. Why can't you let her grow and learn a la Carol? Beth, with the way the show portrays, has the potential to become a Carol, only as long as we allow it.

You are bringing up a character from 3 seasons ago....Beth has totally evolved. Who, in this cast, hasn't?

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
Lol, yes, I totally get you. However, don't you find Beth's situation to be totally legit and realistic? Also, allow for me a moment to play devils advocate....

Were you in love with season 1/2 Carol? Battered, weak, slightly annoying Carol? I highly doubt it. Just look at her amazing development into the FANTASTIC, BAD ASS BITCH she is now. We, as an audience, allowed for Carol to become Queen Carol.

Look at Beth...lived a goody two shoe existence on a farm with a religious family and a very structured life. Had her moment of whining and wanting to just die. She made a choice and decided to be a SURVIVOR. (and trust me, I think they could really make her ANNOYING as hell, as compared as to how she really is)

Now, you are talking about a character from season 2....Beth IS NOT the same from season 2 any more than Carol is. Why can't you let her grow and learn a la Carol? Beth, with the way the show portrays, has the potential to become a Carol, only as long as we allow it.

You are bringing up a character from 3 seasons ago....Beth has totally evolved. Who, in this cast, hasn't?
Michonne.

Queen Bitch then, Queen Bitch now.<3

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

Hmm very true...alright I'll give Beth another shot...Carol grew on me..maybe she will..maybe. Beth just rubbed me the wrong way, but lets see if this evolution helps her. I just can't shake the feeling that Carol is gonna overshadow her though

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah the guy got away, but he's unarmed with a hurt leg... alone. They definitely could have came up with a better plan.

Beth is beautiful though, so I'll allow it.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
Beth is clearly walker bait this season. Odds on she escapes but gets bit in the process- the tragedy!

I haven't seen this weeks episode yet as I'm in the UK but from the trailer I think it has the potential to be a great character moment like we saw lots in the back end of season 4. We have to care about these people otherwise killing then off will have no effect on the viewer.

Speaking of death and the walking dead, it's pretty obvious at this point that the show at least will usually kill of a cast member only when it will further the story/development of other characters. Sasha for example is IMO being lined up for a bigger role this season, already taking on some of the comic book Andrea's storyline. Bob had to die for her character to take that leap. I already care more for her character than I did and they achieved that in a coupe of episodes.

Anybody who hasn't should pick up the comic book. You'll get to see Tyresse beheaded in place of Hershal, Sophia out live Carol (who feeds herself to a walker btw), Laurie survive childbirth only to be gunned down with Judith in her arms and Carl looking totally badass with only one eye.