What's new

The Stick Thread

@PureYeti: Yeah thats my stick. I'm pretty sure it already has happ buttons by default. Thanks for the info, I'll try to snag those better buttons as you recommend. I just want to know about the stick itself (on the left side), do I need to replace anything on it or just the 6 buttons on the right?

Yeah I did a little searching in those stores and I think those parts would be ok:

A joystick:
http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/8-way-only-joysticks/165-il-eurostick-joystick-black.html

buttons:
http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/il-translucent-buttons/809-clear-il-translucent-pushbutton-psl-l.html#/microswitch_force-75_gram_cherry_microswitch

As you see I've also chosen cherry microswitch on the buttons. That just came from a little research I did about the topic. What you think about my choices, are they ok?

Will I need any specific tool that I should buy too that I'll need for the assembly?

Last edited:

PureYeti

Living in poverty cave
@Mark von Zoftmutter yea replace the joystick also because the PDP stock parts aren't so great and they will wear off eventually. Your choices are great as long its IL parts. The only tools you will need is a phillips screwdriver to unscrew the screws and pliers to take out the e-switch from the joystick. Everything else you can use your hands to take out and replace the buttons.

@PureYeti Thanks man. Now I know what I need. But unfortunately there's a slight problem with everything. I'm from Slovenia, Europe. I don't know whether those US shops even ship to my country, other than that, the postage and other costs would probably be just to much for me. (I'd probably pay double the price at least).

Would anyone know of any online store with arcade parts like these based in europe? I really want those parts and I'll find a way te get them, but I really don't wanna pay some crazy prices if it could be avoided.
Thank you

Edit: I've already found a german online store with everything that I need (genuine IL buttons and joysticks). Thanks anyway, this post can be ignored :)

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm planning on buying a stick in 2 weeks when I get money. A friend of mine is selling a q4 bigben arcade stick>
for 110 euros. He has it for 5 months and used it for 2.

I saw on the bigben site that a new one goes for 180 euros. I was wondering what you guys opinion is on buying my first stick, should I go for a new one or just buy the 2nd hand one since its my first?

I was wondering aswell what other option are there out there, any websites that sell arcade sticks in europe would be appreciated.

mfkaoz

Banned
Has anyone used the TitanOne converter? Don't really feel like dropping 150 on the Hori when I already have a ps3 stick just sitting in my closet. I heard that Cronusmax can corrupt your system so I'm probably gonna go with the T1. What other converters are out there?

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Can someone help me with this?
From what i heard Titan is iffy. From going old gen to PS4 the stick can apparently disconnect from the PS4 every 8-9 minutes. So this is a big problem. @RM NoBrows Where you using a Titan One at Winterbrawl. If you were how does it work? I felt no lag on my end from it.

Indecisive

I have tried to get a response about the titan one to no avail so i grabbed a hori v4 off of amazon today lol its a dope stick and the last stick ill be buying till xbox 720 and ps5 come out.
I think i saw somewhere that it is legal but you need to have the specific drivers set so you do not have macros and other cheating things in it. Best bet is just not to use it it just in case.

Catnip_Her0

Burn It Down
I think i saw somewhere that it is legal but you need to have the specific drivers set so you do not have macros and other cheating things in it. Best bet is just not to use it it just in case.
Yea it has a tournament mode now so it should be legal but just got no answers to the question.

Indecisive

Yea it has a tournament mode now so it should be legal but just got no answers to the question.
I think E said no to it in the thread IIRC. But If Nobrows in fact did use a Titan one that will help to answer questions. Since he did use it in tournament. And no one had issues with lag. If he recommends it then we have a converter to use. Like i said i played against him and had no issues. FTR he used a PS4 controller on 360

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
From what i heard Titan is iffy. From going old gen to PS4 the stick can apparently disconnect from the PS4 every 8-9 minutes. So this is a big problem. @RM NoBrows Where you using a Titan One at Winterbrawl. If you were how does it work? I felt no lag on my end from it.
I was using a titan converter, one of the new ones. This one is by far my favorite converter I have used. I felt absolutely no lag and I can use my pad of preference with it (ps4). Me and @BlackBryan both used them at Winter Brawl 9, and we had no issues with it disconnecting. This is one of the two converters that I would recommend. The other being the etokki converter for a ps2 pad

mfkaoz

Banned
I was using a titan converter, one of the new ones. This one is by far my favorite converter I have used. I felt absolutely no lag and I can use my pad of preference with it (ps4). Me and @BlackBryan both used them at Winter Brawl 9, and we had no issues with it disconnecting. This is one of the two converters that I would recommend. The other being the etokki converter for a ps2 pad
You just sealed my order, good sir.