What's new

The REAL Johnny Cage Match Up Chart

So reptile guesses right in any of those situations and he gets a dash and can get out. If a dash is baited he eats a combo into more block pressure. I wouldn't suggest trying to poke out of cages pressure with reptile either.
Why would you poke when you have a 6 frame special?
Well atleast reptile CAN get out, when cage is blocking to bait a dash, reptile can take advantage and get a free 321 acid or pressure. he has armor btw. The dash is a knockdown too, allowing free zoning pressure.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Well atleast reptile CAN get out, when cage is blocking to bait a dash, reptile can take advantage and get a free 321 acid or pressure. he has armor btw. The dash is a knockdown too, allowing free zoning pressure.
Because the 6 frame special gets B3 punished right back into more pressure. Even if you guess right and 321 acid hand, Reptile's at -4 giving the advantage back to Cage. If you try to zone after an elbow dash knockdown, Cage can just wakeup Shadow Kick.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
There's no point in armoring out of Cage's pressure.Reptile would already have a hard time getting meter.Also Cage has so little risk for the big rewards he can get for guessing right, Reptile is the opposite.

u guys need to understand.. when talking about matchup charts, you need to be talking about the absolute best Cages in the US. No most of your mediocre cages's.

Tier charts mean nothing unless you are talking about CD jrs jax or reo's kabel
That isn't a 100% correct imo. It doesn't exactly have to be the best version of the character. I mean which characters actually have an unarguably best version of themselves? I mean people play a character differently and can both be succesful, for example tom brady and denzell's sub. tyrants and cdjr's jax. Pl's and forever kings kung lao. bwizz's and pl's raiden. I can definitely see a particular style destroy a certain matchup while the other style will go even or lose the matchup.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
There's no point in armoring out of Cage's pressure.Reptile would already have a hard time getting meter.Also Cage has so little risk for the big rewards he can get for guessing right, Reptile is the opposite.

Because the 6 frame special gets B3 punished right back into more pressure. Even if you guess right and 321 acid hand, Reptile's at -4 giving the advantage back to Cage. If you try to zone after an elbow dash knockdown, Cage can just wakeup Shadow Kick.

pokes and elbow dashes can both be baited, so its a matter of your reward, knockdown and 11% is better than reptiles d3 or d1.

lol shadow kick isnt even an option any more, full combo punish, easily bait-able, and even if it does hit, you are at fullscreen, which is good.

ZtrideRz

Noob
Top top cage is a nightmare look at curbo babying PL look at the 5v5 in MLG Dizzy beating tom bradys kung Lao which I value as one of the best I've seen. When cage gets in your fucked I mean with good footsys he is going to push you into the corner then you fucked. Foxy is a awsome cage player and as much as I want him to be the best in the world I don't think he is. I think against Reo he would get beat. Sorry foxy I think reo is probably the best player in the game and I totally agree with this list. Cage is so underated and imo is the best in the game in the right hands. Dosent matter how good you are once he gets in you are dead.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
pokes and elbow dashes can both be baited, so its a matter of your reward, knockdown and 11% is better than reptiles d3 or d1.

lol shadow kick isnt even an option any more, full combo punish, easily bait-able, and even if it does hit, you are at fullscreen, which is good.
Well now we're just going in circles. But the scenario was for Reptile to start zoning after the dash.Cage sees an obvious green slimey ball on screen and BF4 BAM! Hits Reptile in the face *Tom Brady / REO clap*

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
So I've been picking Shang up recently and was kinda surprised to see that he goes even with Cage according to this list, what's the story behind that? Is Shang's zoning that good for keeping Cage out or is it the potential of Cage having to fight another Cage that does more damage against him?

Well now we're just going in circles. But the scenario was for Reptile to start zoning after the dash.Cage sees an obvious green slimey ball on screen and BF4 BAM! Hits Reptile in the face *Tom Brady / REO clap*
well obviously you dont want to get too predictable. either way you can zone if he shadow kicks you full screen.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
That isn't a 100% correct imo. It doesn't exactly have to be the best version of the character. I mean which characters actually have an unarguably best version of themselves? I mean people play a character differently and can both be succesful, for example tom brady and denzell's sub. tyrants and cdjr's jax. Pl's and forever kings kung lao. bwizz's and pl's raiden. I can definitely see a particular style destroy a certain matchup while the other style will go even or lose the matchup.
If you're not talking about the players that use the characters at their fullest potential, then you can't make accurate analyses. Period. There's little things that can shift a matchup in either direction, and those players are gonna be the ones to take full advantage of the little things.

Shadow kick, in most cases, isn't that big a deal because it forces Cage to get back in, but Cage doesn't need to use it for getting around zoning anyway.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*

Yeah and 31%~Nut Punch>11%. The risk/reward is always in Cage's favor.

Hence why I said "if you try to zone after an elbow dash." Any halfway decent Cage player can react to Force Ball's 29 frame startup with an EN Shadow. And the Cage player won't be at full screen, he's gonna be dashing forward the entire time Reptile's getting up.

The risk/reward is always in Cage's favor.
My new sig lol. Look, I know about cage, I've been playing him forever. Don't tell me how to play my character. I'm just trying to explain things that you don't know about. and NO. Ex shadow kick send them full screen, if you techroll you get pretty much guaranteed footsies/zoning.

Your going in circles because its an even match.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
The reason I said I wouldn't suggest poking out is because you suggested it in your post. I would never poke out, only dash. Really though reptile can only get out of pressure by dashing or EX slide but they both get blown up by a full combo into more pressure. Reading a block and doing 321 acid is decent but leaves reptile at a -4 disadvantage and JC right outside of f3 range. That right there means if you make a correct read on a block you got some chip damage, meter and are left in a pretty shitty situation, thats if you made the right read. If you're wrong you eat whatever pressure string into nut punch followed by more pressure.

In the end I say the guessing game up close is def in JC's favor by far. Reptile can zone him pretty well but the only way to keep him out well is with meter and it's not going to build that fast with zoning. Once reptile is out of meter JC is going to get in and it's going to be a huge problem. I'm not saying reptile cant win but in my eyes the match is 6-4 JC. That is not that bad.

Theme

Noob
Banning all resets would be stupid. You're basically admitting the game is unbalanced as it is and requires banning certain aspects of it in order to be fair. And all you said was "this game is very so balanced, character wise", which doesn't imply "the characters are balanced compared to other games".

I understood just fine, you just contradicted yourself and failed to clarify your statements.
Why would banning all resets be stupid? Im not contradicting myself, I didnt say they were perfectly balanced, its very balanced compared to other games. The game is pretty balanced, there are some flaws but that is remedied easily.