What's new

The REAL Johnny Cage Match Up Chart

Enenra

Go to hell.
Damn, according to this chart Cage is better than Kabal.

Quite a few 8-2's there, that's very impressive. His bad matchups are only 6-4 as well, i'm surprised more people haven't had more success with him as a main at majors.
REO often says Kabal isn't the best, I guess he wasn't trolling. Unless he is trolling us now, which is possible.

Goddammit REO you've gotten into the second or third (I can't even tell) level or trolling.

Convinced Noob and JC is still 5-5, but I can understand why you might say 5.5 in JC favor. It seems you would put him there just because of his frame trap and his pressure, but I find it literally at a 5-5, where it just depends on who has the advantage at any particular time (whether Noob is zoning or putting up close pressure on cage). Pretty much just who has the life lead.

I love how Cage players talk about how good their footsies is but everything they do is 0 on block and because you have to release guard like its a just frame just to counter poke vs them it really feels like +1 or +2.

Please play a game where you have to actually have real footsies instead of throwing out safe moves that will 100% end the match anytime you hit someone.

What do you poke with f3? What do you whiff punish with f3? What do you counter poke with f3?

You have an all purpose move but talk about your footsies are so good. Get out of here seriously. Cage is bullshit and we all know it please stop trying to make yourselves sound like better players than you actually are.

K thx.

PS. Reo is right Kabal is not the best character in the game and no I am not trolling.

REO

Undead
Can people stop putting words in my post? I never said Cage was the best in the game. Please, stop saying this already. All of this 5-5 / 6-4 match up fest is a charade that needs to be ridden already. It creates a false illusion that this game is extremely balanced, in which it is not.

8-2 means in a tournament, it's still possible to win 2 matches before your opponent can win 1 or 2. Just unlikely. And some of the 8-2s I have listed can be argued to be 7-3s. Who gives a fuck, really? The match is still bad either way.

Also the best character has nothing to do with the amount of dominating match ups they have. If character A has a bunch of 7-3 match ups and one 4-6 disadvantage match up while character B has every match up as 5-5, character B would be more tournament viable.

And to all the Sub-Zero and Kabal players saying Cage doesn't win match ups that bad. Of course YOU players would think that. Try playing against Johnny Cage without an ice clone or the best iAFB in the game, where you are forced to play footsies with him and your best zoning tool is a mediocre projectile.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I complain about Kano more than anybody else in the community, but Cage vs. Kano is not 8:2. The match up is most likely 7:3. Kano can pull out a win in a large stage by tossing knives and running away and building meter for X-Ray, which can be a game changer in the match. As bad as d+4 is, he can poke with it at mid range because it is +12 (?) on hit just like everyone else's d+4. b+1 and b+1,1,2 are solid. Up ball is still somewhat reliable as an AA. Of course, these tools will not stop Cage forever and he will eventually get his, but that is why he wins 7:3.

Theme

Noob
Also for any johnny cage player who thinks their footsies are SOOOO good. Next time in tournament when you have to fight a cage mirror match don't run to a pocket char since your footsies are so good.
Wouldnt this be counter productive seeing as you guys are saying Cage is the best character in the game? Why would anyone pick any other character (besides Sub Zero and Kabal)? Cage vs Sub Zero is 6-4, so its still winnable.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I love how Cage players talk about how good their footsies is but everything they do is 0 on block and because you have to release guard like its a just frame just to counter poke vs them it really feels like +1 or +2.

Please play a game where you have to actually have real footsies instead of throwing out safe moves that will 100% end the match anytime you hit someone.

What do you poke with f3? What do you whiff punish with f3? What do you counter poke with f3?

You have an all purpose move but talk about your footsies are so good. Get out of here seriously. Cage is bullshit and we all know it please stop trying to make yourselves sound like better players than you actually are.

K thx.

PS. Reo is right Kabal is not the best character in the game and no I am not trolling.
Can people stop putting words in my post? I never said Cage was the best in the game. Please, stop saying this already. All of this 5-5 / 6-4 match up fest is a charade that needs to be ridden already. It creates a false illusion that this game is extremely balanced, in which it is not.

8-2 means in a tournament, it's still possible to win 2 matches before your opponent can win 1 or 2. Just unlikely. And some of the 8-2s I have listed can be argued to be 7-3s. Who gives a fuck, really? The match is still bad either way.

Also the best character has nothing to do with the amount of dominating match ups they have. If character A has a bunch of 7-3 match ups and one 4-6 disadvantage match up while character B has every match up as 5-5, character B would be more tournament viable.

And to all the Sub-Zero and Kabal players saying Cage doesn't win match ups that bad. Of course YOU players would think that. Try playing against Johnny Cage without a clone or the best iAFB in the game, where you are forced to play footsies with him and your best zoning tool is a mediocre projectile.
Thank you both of you <3

These came from both EVO Top 2

M2Dave

Zoning Master
f3 by itself should not be 0 on block.
If there is another hotfix, I had rather NRS buff other characters than nerf Cage to the ground. I don't want to play another Super Nerf Fighter 4. The reason Baraka, Jade, Kano, and Sheeva lose 7:3 (or worse) is because these characters suck. They don't suck because of Cage. They suck because they lack tools.