What's new

The Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Discussion Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ampheros, Aggron, and mega blastoise should all have recover/slack off tbh.
It's nice that florges learns synthesis this gen though. Don't always have to run protect to heal anymore unless it's for wish pass purpose
it actually opens up her running coverage against poison types with psychic.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Ampheros, Aggron, and mega blastoise should all have recover/slack off tbh.
It's nice that florges learns synthesis this gen though. Don't always have to run protect to heal anymore unless it's for wish pass purpose
If Aggron had Slack Off, he would be absurd. And I'd like it. By far my favorite mega.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I won't spoil it, but it gets even better than that.
If you're talking about
flying on Latias' back, that was already spoiled by trailers :D. Btw, is that exclusive to the Lati twins or is it with any pokemon who can fly. I'd love to fly around Hoenn on my Pidgeot

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If you're talking about
flying on Latias' back, that was already spoiled by trailers :D. Btw, is that exclusive to the Lati twins or is it with any pokemon who can fly. I'd love to fly around Hoenn on my Pidgeot
I was talking about that, and yes it is exclusive. Animation is sick as hell though.

ShadowBeatz

If Aggron had Slack Off, he would be absurd. And I'd like it. By far my favorite mega.
Well, if you want to give me a nature and EV spread I'll gladly breed one up for you :) After I get done breeding myself a Xatu I've got nothing else on my plate.

(Not an Aggron with Slack Off mind you, just an Aggron lol)

I'll be happy to throw on any 4 of these Egg Moves as well

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Holy fuck a curse Aggron. That shit would be a trick room god, a late game destroyer, but still be hella free to specials.

Mega Steelix > Mega Aggron
I wish that statement were true, but steelix is really bad, Aggron can actually do some things. Steelix being hella slow, and weak to water AND fire really hurts him. One of the only reasons Abomasnow isn't as good as other megas is a weakness to fire and birds. At least Aggron gets filter and a decent Sp. Def stat.

Last edited:
Man I am loving Alpha Sapphire so far. Took a while to catch a decent latias (modest with perfect HP, Defense, and Special Defense stats) but I'm through 6 badges and still over leveled. Is the makuhita you trade for at the start always brave or did I just get lucky?

ShadowBeatz

Man I am loving Alpha Sapphire so far. Took a while to catch a decent latias (modest with perfect HP, Defense, and Special Defense stats) but I'm through 6 badges and still over leveled. Is the makuhita you trade for at the start always brave or did I just get lucky?
Pretty sure their natures are random. I must have missed that Makuhita trade though. Damn it :rolleyes:. And is it bad that the first thing I did with my Latias was box the hell out of it without even looking at nature or stats? :D And how do you check for IVs? Is there are person that tells you like in Kiloude City in XY or did you just IV calc it?

And yeah, Alpha Sapphire's been a blast. I never played the originals so this is a whole new story for me. I don't enjoy it quite as much as Gold/Silver (still my favorite gen :p) but I'm loving it all the same.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Pretty sure their natures are random. I must have missed that Makuhita trade though. Damn it :rolleyes:. And is it bad that the first thing I did with my Latias was box the hell out of it without even looking at nature or stats? :D And how do you check for IVs? Is there are person that tells you like in Kiloude City in XY or did you just IV calc it?

And yeah, Alpha Sapphire's been a blast. I never played the originals so this is a whole new story for me. I don't enjoy it quite as much as Gold/Silver (still my favorite gen :p) but I'm loving it all the same.
Battle Resort. There's an IV Judge there somewhere...

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Does anyone have a hidden ability Froakie they're willing to trade? I can give an Adamant Carvanha with 5 IVs in HP/ATK/DEF/SP ATK/ SP DEF

I used an IV calculator online. I just always felt annoyed that I couldn't get legendaries with good IV's without hacking so I decided to make sure this one was good.