What's new

The Official Downplayer Scale

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I'm not trolling. I talked with tyrant at SCR & he agrees. Throw immunity destroys Grundy. B23 is throw immune almost immediately. I play with a flash regularly and he can't get up. I've also beaten legend & zyphox in tournament. The doomsday part I was trolling. Whiff punishing earth shaker was a bill.
so it went from flash is easily her worst MU top 7 - 3 raven? also i don't understand how anyone can say flash can't get off the ground, he has two fully invincible wake up attacks, and a fully invincible LK backdash wake up tech that makes harley's silly slide look weak. even LK forward dash is invincible its gdlk and will be using it more. i think the MU is 5 - 5 personally but i don't play against raven often so idk but i don't think he loses because you REALLY can't wake up if i hit you thats for damn sure.

so it went from flash is easily her worst MU top 7 - 3 raven? also i don't understand how anyone can say flash can't get off the ground, he has two fully invincible wake up attacks, and a fully invincible LK backdash wake up tech that makes harley's silly slide look weak. even LK forward dash is invincible its gdlk and will be using it more. i think the MU is 5 - 5 personally but i don't play against raven often so idk but i don't think he loses because you REALLY can't wake up if i hit you thats for damn sure.
I have to agree, no way flash loses to raven, he merks her up close simple as that. If she can keep him out, she'll be in good hands for sure. 5 5 a solid number for that matchup.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I have to agree, no way flash loses to raven, he merks her up close simple as that. If she can keep him out, she'll be in good hands for sure. 5 5 a solid number for that matchup.
its really hard to keep out flash, as flash i have to make a read on how much value the raven player puts on his own life midscreen. i have played glass sword and he's at times so scared to soul crush i can dash up free in footsies range where raven has to play super smart. then i play ducky who doesn't give to fucks and does projectile then soul crush, or trait pillars into soul crush. if i block a soul crush and punish it will be very hard for the raven to do much of anything, i blow up all of her wake ups free, her backdash sucks, and her d1 has no range. i make one b23 whiff or MB b3 between b23 lift and she can be done for.

its really hard to keep out flash, as flash i have to make a read on how much value the raven player puts on his own life midscreen. i have played glass sword and he's at times so scared to soul crush i can dash up free in footsies range where raven has to play super smart. then i play ducky who doesn't give to fucks and does projectile then soul crush, or trait pillars into soul crush. if i block a soul crush and punish it will be very hard for the raven to do much of anything, i blow up all of her wake ups free, her backdash sucks, and her d1 has no range. i make one b23 whiff or MB b3 between b23 lift and she can be done for.
yeah if flash gets in on her/corners her, GGs. Ducky utilizes her tools quite well, so it won't be easy getting in on her behind his hands, but when you get in, it will be very rough for raven.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Ok fuck it Ima say it, but what exactly is a "Downplayer?" is it when you are using a character in a way that you are not supposed to or something? or are you just toying with your opponent?

Ok fuck it Ima say it, but what exactly is a "Downplayer?" is it when you are using a character in a way that you are not supposed to or something? or are you just toying with your opponent?
it is when someone (underrates or underestimates) how good their character is. Like if I said "Aquaman is mid tier at best", that'd be downplaying bcuz we all know AM is high tier without a doubt. Arguably top 3/ number 1 in some people's eyes.

I doubt it, all flash has to do is lightning charge after a projectile/soul crush and he's in.
of course he can do that, but lightning charge isn't safe either, so both have to time their special moves correctly (raven for keeping flash out, flash for getting in on raven).

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
it is when someone (underrates or underestimates) how good their character is. Like if I said "Aquaman is mid tier at best", that'd be downplaying bcuz we all know AM is high tier without a doubt. Arguably top 3/ number 1 in some people's eyes.
Oh ok thnx for the explanation. I keep hear downplayer this downplayer that lol.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
I posted why already. Raven wins 7-3.

pherleece

Woolay
i fell asleep for like 2 hours during that call and i guess it was around 3am cause i dont remember this being discussed lol

coolwhip

Noob
This list was made by a combination of @GGA 16 Bit @WoundCowboy @EMPEROR_THEO @KingHippo @GGA Slips @deg222,@Tm_whiteboi, and myself on a random skype call at 3 am, so it should be held in the highest regard.

1-Foxy Grampa
2-Blind Ducky
3-Noobe
4-Khaotik
5-Slips
6-Tyrant
7-Theo
8-KDZ
9-Rico
10-WoundCowboy

Lets have some fun with this and put numbers for other members of the community.

1=Extreme Upplayer
5=Regulator

10=Extreme Downplayer
Serious unrelated question: Did you choose the font of each player's name based on the character they play in Inj/Mk9? Very subtle. Props.

How Wound managed to fanagle an 8/10 when he's clearly transcended the scale into 11/10 territory as of late is beyond me. Please do recall that adding gamebreaking tech to "7th" makes "top 5" and then subtracting that same tech somehow now equals "unviable." If downplaying had its own mathematical formula...
"unviable" means "no guaranteed win"

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I have recently stated the I believe Cyborg to be the worst character in the game. This should be considered up playing because really Cyborg is the worst character in all of Fighting game history :D
Worse than Scorpion?