What's new

The Official Downplayer Scale

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
He called superman a low mid tier character who was unviable on stream commentary on the break and said ares beats superman.
I called him "mid to high mid", thank you for lying.

And @Mr Aquaman beat the ever living shit out of my superman in a long set, more than once. Unfortunately Ares beat superman to a degree, it's not like it's a 8-2. And Mr. A just has an issue with tournament nerves.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I called him "mid to high mid", thank you for lying.

And @Mr Aquaman beat the ever living shit out of my superman in a long set, more than once. Unfortunately Ares beat superman to a degree, it's not like it's a 8-2. And Mr. A just has an issue with tournament nerves.
I actually agree, I played fran later that day he beat me and won as well. In tournament I freeze against that chracter, but ares has no trouble at all anymore, when played right, f2 whiffs him at random and can full punish, etc etc.

Oh wait, we're talking about the initial "dark times" when he first died.

I was in a state of grief and not responsible for my actions.
Exactly, i don't exactly appreciate you calling me a lier, but whatever really, i heard you say it loud and clear on stream commentary and i believe what i hear, i don't stand to gain anything from lying to be honest.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
He's still pretty much 4/5 on his boldest MK9 character claims.

Jax was thought to be S+, while Cage, Lao and Sonya were deemed B tier at the start of the final patch.

Now granted, I haven't been able to keep in touch with the Injustice meta as much as I'd like to, but that in itself speaks volumes.

coolwhip

Noob
He's still pretty much 4/5 on his boldest MK9 character claims.

Jax was thought to be S+, while Cage, Lao and Sonya were deemed B tier at the start of the final patch.

Now granted, I haven't been able to keep in touch with the Injustice meta as much as I'd like to, but that in itself speaks volumes.
I wasn't bringing up Rain to claim that Foxy is wrong about many things. In fact, Foxy's outlook on MK9 was ahead of its time. I couldn't agree more. I merely brought up Rain to (jokingly) explain why he'd be looked at as an upplayer.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I wasn't bringing up Rain to claim that Foxy is wrong about many things. In fact, Foxy's outlook on MK9 was ahead of its time. I couldn't agree more. I merely brought up Rain to (jokingly) explain why he'd be looked at as an upplayer.
Hmm, my bad then lol. But for the record, within that legislation, a lot of people that did try to prove him wrong on Rain couldn't get the job done. (more because they were simply ignorant towards the matchup, I will admit I agree there were times where F0xy pushed it too far, claims of going even with Lao, Cyrax etc.)

From listening to KDZ in the last podcast he seems very reasonable in judging matchups, but he will have to hold the statements that he made in the past after Superman was normalized. Probably frustration got to him when he made those statements before. I would give him a 6 on the downplaying scale only because of his previous comments but the podcast makes me feel like he redeemed himself.

Rico is a 10 though, Handicapped character? really? Black Adam, a top 8 character, is handicapped now? He is blaming people for JUSTIFIED normalizations?

I would put Brady at 7 because even though he knows that Aquaman is a top character he somehow finds a way to explain away how Aquaman isn't that great. Half of what Theo did in his matches with Aquaman was MB trident rush (Brady on blast).

CDJR a 10, Flash isn't good? Zoning game? etc...
I MB rush the shit out of ppl. I said i was coming back to IGAU full time and placed top 4 at a major when god knows how many said I would never get out of pools again. You wanna put someone om blast? put 99% of this site on blast...

Its DUMB to say that a character has NO losing mu's.. When the game evolves and some of these "handicap" matches end up being slight adv or even, then maybe you guys will learn... geez man.. the stupidity from MK9 has carried over..

"Cage loses to Kitana", "Kenshi is free to cross ups", etc all over again...

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Dude Theo is near the top of the upplayer list.

Remember his rankings where superman was still #1 post patch?

PUT HIM AT #1 ON THE LIST
Theo went from a huge Superman upplayer to a melodramatic Aquaman downplayer. One more "Joker owns half the cast" rant and he's joining Cowboy.

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
Come to America dammit!

I'm leaning towards 7.
i said mmh probably has 2-3 tough match ups. the character is somewhat young and there are some players that do not have an mmh main at there local scene so not every MU he has can be determined as winning or even when not every MU has been explored.

Last edited:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
i said mmh probably has 2-3 tough match ups. the character is somewhat young and there are some players that do not have an mmh main at there local scene so not every MU he has cant be determined as winning or even when not every MU has been explored.
That's fair, but I've also seen you say Aquaman is better than Manhunter, and that's just not true.