What's new

The most hype character in injustice?

Most hype character?

• Total voters

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
why is AE and mahvel so much more hype than injustice doe? thoses games just have that hype factor that you can't ignore, one read in AE can lead to a blow up and its so hype, injustice atleast as of now, not so much :(

SF is slow and tense, makes for some crazy build up. Marvel is balls to the wall crazy and the engine is super open ended so just straight nonsense can happen at any turn. MK and Injustice are somewhere in between both, and it makes for a less then interesting game.

There is also the matter of presentation, Capcom knows what's up, and NRS is terrible at it.
Capcom gets you hyped up with good loud music, fantastic sound effects, the hits look super damaging with hit stop, very well designed over the top aniamtions, everything is fluid, fast, and has a great pace to it. They also have a very hype announcers.

MK and Injustice have no announcers, awkward animations that have no hitstop so everything looks like a wet noodle, the music is dull and you can't even hear it over a stream. The gameplay and pace are both awkward, you get lots of jumping around like even the pros are just xbox live players, you get awkward whiffed long animations, everything is a bit slow. The supers are nice, but they are a bit long in the tooth and most get repetitive fast, unlike capcom supers which are usually very fast and over the top.

Plus there is zoning, its usually very good in NRS games, and with NRS games, there is no projectile clashes, so zoning ends up looking like some loony tunes shit, instead of the tense fireball wars you get in SF. Marvel zoning is also a bit awkward like MK though.

What's weird to me though is that stream monsters seem to like Injustice for what ever reason, and it seems to get views, well they hated MK9 from basically day 1. I suppose Injustice is an improvement from MK9 in some areas, but right now most matches are just super zoning focused, and like 70% of matches involve Black Adam or Superman. I really don't understand it.
I guess people just really like Super Heroes.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
The most hype characters will be the ones that will beat the powerful zoning characters consistently in tourney. Then we'll ease up the argument that this game is too zoning heavy.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
If they buffed the walk speed, fixed the input delay, made launchers more punishable, buffed the AAs, and made interactables not so gimmicky, then maybe yea.
Boon could you listen for once lol

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Manhunter so far. He is the most expected by the DC kommunauty so I can't even imagin what will happen once he'll get out.

zaf

professor
Scorpion is now the hypest.

All those double teleport combos i found with ermac, you can expect to see with scorpion.

CamRac

Noob
why is AE and mahvel so much more hype than injustice doe? thoses games just have that hype factor that you can't ignore, one read in AE can lead to a blow up and its so hype, injustice atleast as of now, not so much :(
Slower pace, most likely. Regardless of what NRS-only players say, Capcom games tend to move at a faster pace (particularly Marvel, but you can definitely see the speed in the older Street Fighters, CvS2, etc.). Additionally, the animations are more bulky.

I love Injustice though, so I don't really care. Hype is in the eye of the beholder.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Shazam is super hype because all the reads he has to make, all of which can get him blown the hell up if hes wrong.

Chars that vortex with safe 50/50 is the definition of anti-hype.

Reactions: RYX