What's new

The Mop Stop Special Edition: Scorpion Ban? Episode Feat: Pig of the Hut, REO, Tom Brady and m2dave

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Please keep making these podcasts!

I think he should be banned but talking about possible changes at the same time is just going to cloud the discussion. Focus on banning him first, then have a separate thread about the changes.
Thanks man and you're probably right about the fix suggestion

He's a massive issue and doesn't belong

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
It's not even a 50/50 versus Scorpion in a neutral situation.

-What if he spears you while you're walking forward?
-What if he hellfires you if you try to duck the spear and the teleport?
-What if he teleports if you want to read a spear, putting you in a vortex situation?
-What if he does an instant jumping 1 (which has retarded active frames) while you want to dash forward on him to avoid a spear or a meterburn teleport?
-What if he just says fuck Injustice and J3s you death?
-What if he does a jumping normal into a standing normal and you were anticipating a jump normal to teleport? What about vice versa?
-What if he does nothing at all when he jumps in and catches you with a throw?
These are all things I have to respect when versing average Scorpion players. I genuinely fear playing Reo's or PL's Scorpion.

Shieeeeet at least with Batgirl, her game relies on a rock solid 50/50 in neutral situations, in spite of her retarded repeating vortex. Beating her relies on you playing smart (at least with Superman).

And then after ALL this, NRS still has the nerve to give Scorpion his vortex on his BnBs

NRS, I respect you as a development team for delivering two great fighting games that I PERSONALLY enjoy very much. But I ask you this question, personally, who the fuck gave the okay on this character after testing him?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
AK Pig Of The Hut general m2dave @reo Tom Brady

if they made the changes you guys suggested of it going back to being a mid and MB not coming out on hit.
since you would block it "easier" and that there would be no hesitation on a punish because wondering if a MB is coming out or not because you'd get the ball roll animation everytime....
what about putting it back to on block what it was before the hot fix?
were u either took your free punish with him in the air or time it for the frames he couldnt block on the ground, yes i know the latter was a bitch to do online but thats online, offline it be fine.

also id love a faster walk speed with him,BAs lighting cage is a pain to walk back on to make whiff...and i would prob give up a lot for some flash like walk speed lol
the -6 flip kick be nice aswell

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Scorpion in Injustice is proof that the block button is superior.

In saying that, i honestly don't believe that any fixes to Scorpion will change his gameplay enough to the extent that people will stop complaining about him. He is just not meant to be in this game, period.

I love scorpion & love his combos, but I'm not blind to the truth, he just does not belong.

NKZero

Noob
I have to say that every argument made in favour of banning Scorpion was very legitimate. Great podcast.

The concept behind nerving the teleport is a smart one. Only hits on MB and hits mid so it's easier to punish on block. I have nothing to say other than I agree with banning him until he get's reasonable fixes, enough so that he actually plays the game like every other character.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Ban him from any and all tourneys until they fix him. How to fix him - longer startup frame count and nerf his ji3

alright this is cool but you should make it look a little more profesh y'know? like starcraft's old state of the game format ;)

Sasuga

Noob
Is that Pig of the Hut who sounds like Robert Downey Junior?

Good cast. I still don't agree but I hope you get the character banned if he hurts the game so much.

That's not even e-sports professionalism.
haha love that video xD artosis is my nerd hero <3

It's a live web show. There's a bunch of them out there. State of the Game, Inside the Game, Meta, etc and they're great because they showcase e-sports personalities while at the same time painting a picture of the current happenings in the scene. These kind of things bring everyone together in a fun way. Also regardless what your standards on professionalism are it certainly looks better than a skype window yeah? ^^

feedyourcatbro

Meow Lin
haha love that video xD artosis is my nerd hero <3

It's a live web show. There's a bunch of them out there. State of the Game, Inside the Game, Meta, etc and they're great because they showcase e-sports personalities while at the same time painting a picture of the current happenings in the scene. These kind of things bring everyone together in a fun way. Also regardless what your standards on professionalism are it certainly looks better than a skype window yeah? ^^

To be fair, they have JP McDaniel who does that as a living (and very well). I love SOTG, listen to it all the time, even though I don't play SC2 as much anymore (due to Injustice).

To be fair, they have JP McDaniel who does that as a living (and very well). I love SOTG, listen to it all the time, even though I don't play SC2 as much anymore (due to Injustice).
yeah man I'm in the same boat pretty much : ) although JP is a bit bland for my taste still like the guy though ^ y'know what the FGC needs? It's own version of day9 haha

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
My personal opinion on this is simple, he should have never been put in the game, this is a DC fighting game. Up until the point that I was able to actually play him, I thought the trailer was a troll BECAUSE HE HAD THE TELEPORT. I personally have had success online against 9/10 scorpions but I know I would more than struggle against a tournament player using him. Here is my personal changes that I think should happen.

-Reg tele stays a high
-MB teleport works when it makes physical contact with opponent
-Flipkick -6
-Walk speed slightly increased

He should be banned at EVO, in order for this game to grow, we don't want to take that risk. EVO is where competitors enter just about EVERY game they CAN play (I.e. Jebailey entering MK9 last year) and it will give them another look at the game and maybe draw them back into the game. Last thing we want happening is for someone to get randommed out by Scorpion.