What's new

The Mop Stop Special Edition: Scorpion Ban? Episode Feat: Pig of the Hut, REO, Tom Brady and m2dave

catscratch

Fun Sucks
You asked players to speak their minds, so fine, here is the low and dirty:

I simply cannot believe that there are people in the community that use this as an opportunity to troll and say "I'm playing Scorpion as I'm listening to this and I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside." Do you simply not realize that soon enough you WON'T HAVE A GAME TO PLAY?

Streaming is where it's at. Today, this is what builds the community in the game over time, broadcasted events that people can watch which will generate more interest in the game and keep it going.

Scorpion breaks the game down into one player holding block for fear of doing anything else, with another player jumping around like a tard and doing ANYTHING at all because they can get away with it. There are no fundamentals of the game being shown, and there is no match, there's simply one player waiting to get a chance to punish and another player screwing around with no risk.

Who will want to take a look at this game and say "I really want to play this?" Who will want to go to a live event, spend time and money to travel, only to come up against this in the tournament? And what company would want this to represent the product they invested so much time and money in?

It's not just about you and how you feel about scorpion. It's not even about how good this character ultimately is. It's about this character not letting the game be played, and about misrepresenting what the game actually is, and about this character damaging both streaming and tournaments and ultimately destroying the longevity of the game.

This podcast is asking for something fairly serious here. Now is not the time to screw around. You need to be a little less selfish and take a look at how this character impacts the future of this game, because that will affect you as much as it will affect anybody else.

In summary, my vote: yes, ban the character because he ruins the game by not making it even remotely interesting to play, play against, or watch.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
AK Pig Of The Hut REO @m2dave Tom Brady Great points guys; Scorpion definitely needs fixes if he's going to be stopped from breaking the game (I think the best thing to do would be to make it like Batgirls- still a teleport, still fits the character, but not against the game mechanics!).

I think you also raised another solid point- characters with continuous 50/50's that trigger guessing games that have pretty good odds of completely killing you are a little too good too. Yes, the game gives you the tools to combat it, but it's dependent on you guessing correctly, which isn't a skill thing, and isn't even REALLY a read thing, it's just a coin flip. I think after the Scorpion fixes (which absolutely need to happen), these need to be fixed a bit to prevent these vortexes. Maybe that's just me though.

Beercorn

Don't you wanna rev up your Harley?
Tom Brady really needs to calm down.

Not saying he's wrong or anything. Just saying that he's crazy.