What's new

The Mop Stop Special Edition: Scorpion Ban? Episode Feat: Pig of the Hut, REO, Tom Brady and m2dave

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Join them once again as they discuss the hottest topic of the week... "Should Scorpion be banned?". m2dave, Pig of the Hut, Tom Brady and REO invite you to their latest edition of their podcast called, "The Mop Stop, Special Edition". In this (over an hour long) edition... find antics and tons of interesting discussion by these top players. ***Formerly Kryptonite Council Podcast***

Episode 2

Special Discussion Episode Deals with the Hot Topic

"Should Scorpion be banned"

edited by STORMS*

Attachments

i think if you revert the change to his teleport scorpion will be A LOT easier to fight for most of the cast. The change was actually a buff to him imo. He didn't break the blocking mechanic the way he was when he was released. Now....he does. Only chars that can punish him are chars with d12 combos or that get decent combos off of d2.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
i think if you revert the change to his teleport scorpion will be A LOT easier to fight for most of the cast. The change was actually a buff to him imo. He didn't break the blocking mechanic the way he was when he was released. Now....he does. Only chars that can punish him are chars with d12 combos or that get decent combos off of d2.

The problem is the MB teleport to get in for free, it still breaks the blocking mechanic.

A good scorpion using a freaking reg teleport will never happen. Few and far between my friend

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
This is why I think all DLC characters should be banned for the first few months.

They are rushed out and don't get as much time for Q&A.

Skarlet, Freddy, Batgirl, and Scorpion have all came out broken in one way or another, that's a track record of 4/7.

Scorpion is clearly going to be normalized, probably harshly.

This is a discussion that never should have had to happen, he should have been banned from the very beginning just to be safe, same with all the other DLC characters.

187x

Noob
I mained Scorpion in MK9 and i barely use him in Injustice. To play a high level Scorpion in Injustice you have to jump like a frog doing j3's with j1's and then tele every 2 seconds, then mb tele. I refuse to play him like that is not fun for me, is like is a kids first day playing a fighting game jump jump-tele JUMP mb-tele. The random jump1's and jump3's work because of the game's lacking anti airs. A crossover tele shouldn't be in a hold-back to block game

Ravensbaine

Welcome to the Chaos Dimension
Another thing i see people constantly complain about is his air normals what if they just nerfed them by adding frames to them and lowering priority instead of touching the teleport then I don't think he would be as oppressive

Vogue

Noob
I do want Scoropion banned but I highly doubt you can get EVO to change the rules. Get Mr. Wizard on the phone.

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
I don't agree with Tom's suggestion to fix the teleport. The fact that the teleport crosses up is why he's broken. MB on hit or not, he would still be broken.

redeyes

Button Masher
I'm sorry but why does the opinion of someone who sits on a couch effect those who spend thousands to travel for this?
if top level players say ban it then it should be fair they spend the money to go place not joe smo who beats scorpions all the time online.

ban him i dont wana travel to lose to his BS

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I don't agree with Tom's suggestion to fix the teleport. The fact that the teleport crosses up is why he's broken. MB on hit or not, he would still be broken.
With our suggestion, all characters in the game would be able to punish MB teleport with b+3 on block, essentially getting their most damaging combo.