What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Well you get more damage and you get a faster pseudo overhead db4. But yeah I would still pick ethereal over it.
More damage than Ethereal but against Piercing it is about even/slightly more in Piercing when you include Piercing's run cancel combo (except F343 combos midscreen where Rav wins)

GQJ

Noob
more damage that ethereal yea but not piercing.
low pounce would be decent if it was a proper overhead/command grab but its pretty lackluster in its current state
Doesn't it catch ducking opponents though, blocking or not? If this is the case, there seems to be some uniqueness to the move, even though a command grab makes more sense tactically to me. I personally would like it to be a pure command grab instead of an overhead.

Doesn't it catch ducking opponents though, blocking or not? If this is the case, there seems to be some uniqueness to the move, even though a command grab makes more sense tactically to me. I personally would like it to be a pure command grab instead of an overhead.
Yes it does. With respect to Salt Face's post, I recall that was before or just around the time Piercing was buffed. At the time, I agreed that Ravenous was her "best" variation, with Ethereal being her worst. But that's not now though as balance has changed.

Ravenous is still my main, I've never been keen on Piercing personally, but I did start to toy with Ethereal yesterday, and intend to learn it for help with rushdown characters.

Question for those who do know Ethereal. After doing 1,2,3, EX Fade Towards, an additional 1,2,3, is supposed to connect, correct? If so, I haven't been able to get it. 2,1 I can though. Any trick? Just faster execution?

Oh, and for SonicFox, does anyone have a link to some footage of recent matches he did? I've barely seen him play Mileena in this game, though I've usually only watched his majors in which he's always Erron Black or Kitana.

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
Yes it does. With respect to Salt Face's post, I recall that was before or just around the time Piercing was buffed. At the time, I agreed that Ravenous was her "best" variation, with Ethereal being her worst. But that's not now though as balance has changed.

Ravenous is still my main, I've never been keen on Piercing personally, but I did start to toy with Ethereal yesterday, and intend to learn it for help with rushdown characters.

Question for those who do know Ethereal. After doing 1,2,3, EX Fade Towards, an additional 1,2,3, is supposed to connect, correct? If so, I haven't been able to get it. 2,1 I can though. Any trick? Just faster execution?
Just input it fast takes practice buddy :D

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
i always thought piercing was better than ravenous. and after the patch it got better. b12 is a very good tool but it doesn't make her A+ in my book. i watched that mileena/ermac match and the ermac player looked like a deer in the headlights.
Exactly.....imagine you got to fight sonicfox in 3 days how hard you would lab Cassie,erron,kitana, and tanya. Then he pulls out some shit you prob played 5 times since games release in local match's on your ass lol.

I'm 99% sure Sonic was trolling. Don't take everything he says so seriously guys.

have not posted here in a bit (mainly cause was getting sick of reading near constant whining/bickering from certain users) but...
Don't let that scare you off, lol. The rest of us need more people here to discuss/find stuff with.

Currently I think Piercing is like "B1 is everything I got".
Once people figure out it can be low-profiled... If it couldn't I could see her being A+ tier.

Last edited:

GQJ

Noob
Once people figure out it can be low-profiled... If it couldn't I could see her being A+ tier
Not to harp on tiers, but could you expand on this?

Also, I do not know how I feel about mids being low profiled, unless it is by a special move or pokes.

I never used this string, so I do not know much about it.

Not to harp on tiers, but could you expand on this?

Also, I do not know how I feel about mids being low profiled, unless it is by a special move or pokes.

I never used this string, so I do not know much about it.
Piercing B1 is a mid that can be low-profiled. So basically anytime you're in poke range, (which against most "footsie" charaters you will be), They can D3/D4 to get under B1. It's one of the reasons frame trapping into it on block doesn't work so well.

You DO have F2 and your own D4 to counter this, but this becomes a giant mindgame at neutral. (Unless you fight Kotal/FT/or some other character with a long range 6f poke...).

If her B1 couldn't be low-profiled, it would give her an advancing mid combo starter, that's plus on block and anti aired.

Last edited:

GQJ

Noob
Piercing B1 is a mid that can be low-profiled. So basically anytime you're in poke range, (which against most "footsie" charaters you will be), They can D3/D4 to get under B1. It's one of the reasons frame trapping into it on block doesn't work so well.

You DO have F2 and your own D4 to counter this, but this becomes a giant mindgame at neutral. (Unless you fight Kotal/FT/or some other character with a long range 6f poke...).

If her B1 couldn't be low-profiled, it would give her an advancing mid combo starter, that's plus on block and anti aired.
Does f2 work, it seem slow for that situation. How does it work for you?

Does f2 work, it seem slow for that situation. How does it work for you?
Well I didn't mean F2 beating pokes in speed. I just mean that you can throw it out within range and IF they try to react with a low poke, it won't crouch under. It's hard to really explain out of context in a real game, lol. Just know that F2 is what's known as a "true mid".

D4 is better for trying to just get a quick shot in that has to be blocked, but it's still a little slower than many D4s.

Reactions: GQJ
So I was just playing offline last night, and somehow my opponent was able to armor through the last hit of 123.
We tested it and it never worked for him again, so I have no idea how this happened. I noticed this again when I watched Saltface and Akro's set.

Maybe it's a range dependent thing? Lol, like she needs ANOTHER string gap.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
So I was just playing offline last night, and somehow my opponent was able to armor through the last hit of 123.
We tested it and it never worked for him again, so I have no idea how this happened. I noticed this again when I watched Saltface and Akro's set.

It happened to me as well during a set I had down here in Florida. It's not just you.

Jolt

Uprise

Are you sure that the 2 in the string made contact?

I've noticed many times with 123, even ON HIT the 2 in the middle will whiff. There's enough hitstun from 1 that 3 continues the combo. Maybe what happened is 1 connected, 2 whiffed and they threw out armor that came in time to go through the 3?

That's what I would expect, but without video (or a confirmation that both of the first 2 hits for sure hit), I'm not positive

Its range dependent, unless you're right up close when you use the s1 the odds are there will be a gap in the string

http://plays.tv/video/56648f8e60e57ac330 Did some testing here to see the range. The 123 all hit which is the worst part so its not like you're out of range to connect.