What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
She's fine in my opinion. There's nothing broken about her, she's got her strengths (oki, mix-ups, damage) and weaknesses (really unsafe), and I'm completely fine right now with F3. Landing that thing skyrockets your chances of taking a round (fucking 43% meterless midscreen).

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
it's either because i play against johnny cage too much (about 50% of the offline matches) or the animation of johnny's overhead looks "more obvious" than erron black's. I play against erron black much less and I got hit by his overhead more often. But i'm still able to react block erron's overhead, like 5 out of 10 times
so its a 50/50 then? :DOGE

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
so its a 50/50 then? :DOGE
To be clear, for example: I use F4 high pounce and i'm at -6. I press duck block expecting he'll D3 D4 me, but then I see his overhead is coming and stand up block. Should i call that react block or the word u said above, "fuzzying" (and what does that mean)

1man3letters

Mileena still needs one more change. Low pounce has to be a punishable overhead. Just my opinion.
it is, just stand up and punish it as it whiffs (like shazams in injustice)

To be clear, for example: I use F4 high pounce and i'm at -6. I press duck block expecting he'll D3 D4 me, but then I see his overhead is coming and stand up block. Should i call that react block or the word u said above, "fuzzying" (and what does that mean)
your -7 after high pounce.
ok fair enough if using cage as a example & you can react to the f2 all day like you said because of the animation and not the frames but you cant react to the slower errons f1 like that then you really should be quoting frames to put weight behind you fell f3 needs to be cut to ~22 frames is what im trying to say. im ALL for f3 connecting from a jip but dunno if its "needs" anything else besides that

Last edited:

1man3letters

You think my problem is that I can't punish it?:) My problem is that I can't use it on strings, like f23. I only used the word punishable to make it clear I don't demand for it to be safe.
oh sorry i misunderstood, you mean like how low pounce doesnt work after f23* f12* f34* were lows would be.
yea thats pretty shitty they dont work, its why i dont like ravenous.
doesnt change the blocking patterns compared to fighting piercing mileena

"heres a meterless overhead option to use instead of ex roll"
"oh you wanted to use it were as a mixup option in your strings, no sorry cant have that"
????

21/2~low pounce only decent mixup you get from low pounce. the d3/d4 ticks throws arent shit but theres not as good as other tick throws in game cause its a overhead and not a throw :(

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
I might be one of the few that likes F3 as it is because when it hits (yes I did say "when" because it still hits players when used sparingly) I'm like:

"OMG you just got a hit by a move 99.9% of all players say you should NEVER get hit by and now you've lost half life! :D :D :D"

Maybe that's just me
I must say, that did make me giggle.

On a serious note though, I see a lot of people get hit by F3-- "high level" players included. Look at some of Saltface's tourney matches, for instance.

I do love that if I have full bar and hit F3--match over if you are 50% or less and can't break. Good games darling, good games. ;)

oh sorry i misunderstood, you mean like how low pounce doesnt work after f23* f12* f34* were lows would be.
yea thats pretty shitty they dont work, its why i dont like ravenous.
doesnt change the blocking patterns compared to fighting piercing mileena

"heres a meterless overhead option to use instead of ex roll"
"oh you wanted to use it were as a mixup option in your strings, no sorry cant have that"
????

21/2~low pounce only decent mixup you get from low pounce. the d3/d4 ticks throws arent shit but theres not as good as other tick throws in game cause its a overhead and not a throw :(
Exactly..that's why I highly believe it should had been an overhead. The 21/2LP is not enough since 2 is a high and not a footsie move so is only usable after JIP or meter burn throw (I believe Mileena players shouldn't MB throw, only on rare occasions), and if you get a JIP it's not worth the risk considering other options.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
if f34 blocked I use it like mixup of f344 or f34EXroll
Indeed, F3 can lead into some nice 50/50 situations. A 40% average off of a F3 connect isn't too shabby, either.

Quick F3 mini combo rundown (ones I use anyway):
No Bar
F343-->telekick, air sai, roll
F344-->roll, SJ1/2, xxx
F344-->roll, B34, air sai, roll

1 Bar
F344-->roll, U3 cancel, xxx
F344-->EX Roll, xxx (good mix up)
F343-->EX Telekick, air sai, roll

Full Bar
F343-->telekick (hit confirms for)-->XRay (50% damage)

Good rule of thumb to remember for those unaware--if telekick isn't blocked, it ALWAYS hit confirms your XRay.

Last edited:
I'm actually becoming more... okay with using EX Roll as a surprise overhead. Even though the standing 3 idea would be nice, she doesn't suck without it. I still want raw air sai/IAS to allow combos, but I'm beginning to think that won't be happening. Why, I dunno.

Regular fade still could be better. Not EX Fade good, but maybe have it either immune to throws, or have it startup a little faster to be more of use in the neutral/projectile game.

Also, what about the Fade inputs being changed to DF2 and DB2? Maybe it's just me, but I have dropped many combos trying to move forward and B2 or trying to whiff punish by moving backward and using F2.

Method

Full Combo Punishable
If F3 were any faster, I think we'd be on a slippery slope to Nerf City. Her corner game would be off the charts.

The only additional buffs I'd like to see are universal low sai and overhead telekicks, and even those aren't strictly necessary. Fixing some of the hitbox issues with Piercing would be nice.

Ethereal could use some more love, but I'm no expert.

Oh man. The new fatality ... can we unlock it in the Krypt, or what?

Yoaks

A spaceman
If F3 were any faster, I think we'd be on a slippery slope to Nerf City. Her corner game would be off the charts.

The only additional buffs I'd like to see are universal low sai and overhead telekicks, and even those aren't strictly necessary. Fixing some of the hitbox issues with Piercing would be nice.

Ethereal could use some more love, but I'm no expert.

Oh man. The new fatality ... can we unlock it in the Krypt, or what?
There is probably some type "Fatality Pack" we have to buy.

@theGabStandard and everyone else

I do not want this to seem like a cry, or a plea for a buff.

But I really feel like the Air sai (raw air sai alone) is bugged. (like the kitana x ray stance block thing)

If you do ex Air sai, you have wayyyy shorter recovery frames, and you can roll. If you do NJP, and then air sai, you have enough time to roll. It seems after 1 hit, the recovery frames for air sai are shortened (without needed a jk , jp, or teleport to combo off, simply a raw air sai).
So if you do this or ex air sai, you can combo off of it, but a normal air sai has ridiculous amount of Recovery frames, where as a normal air sai after a NJP has signinifcantly reduced recov frames.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
I wish her back dash was a bit quicker. Maybe someone could give me tips on when to do it but every time I try it I just get ate up smh

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
@theGabStandard and everyone else

I do not want this to seem like a cry, or a plea for a buff.

But I really feel like the Air sai (raw air sai alone) is bugged. (like the kitana x ray stance block thing)

If you do ex Air sai, you have wayyyy shorter recovery frames, and you can roll. If you do NJP, and then air sai, you have enough time to roll. It seems after 1 hit, the recovery frames for air sai are shortened (without needed a jk , jp, or teleport to combo off, simply a raw air sai).
So if you do this or ex air sai, you can combo off of it, but a normal air sai has ridiculous amount of Recovery frames, where as a normal air sai after a NJP has signinifcantly reduced recov frames.
I appreciate the tag. I'm in the same boat as @Johnny San in thinking this was intentional (Mileena paying the price for her MK9 self). At the same time this bit of news has giving me a few ideas regarding midscreen and corner combos

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
As I'm not able to test atm, would anyone be able to see if it's possible to do a typical roll into neutral jump punch, air sai, and like B22--> high pounce?

Yes, yes--Ravenous variation please. ;)

If you do NJP, and then air sai, you have enough time to roll. It seems after 1 hit, the recovery frames for air sai are shortened (without needed a jk , jp, or teleport to combo off, simply a raw air sai).
Are you talking about whiffed NJP into Air Sai?