Votes: 25 34.7%
  • No.

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Somewhat.

Votes: 36 50.0%

• Total voters

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I dunno about that. She at least has one fully invincible wake-up attack, which is more than some characters can say.
No I can say that

Her only wake up is using trait that can be blown up also

Her wakeups are blown up for free

DarkPage

Noob
I'll start off

-Worst wakeups in game
-Ji2 (arguably her most feared tool) into 50/50 can be backdashed after ji2 for full combo whiff punish
-free to characters who can simply walk back fast
-no safe way to get in
-Poor AA
- poor trait, her trait is basically a Wakeup that also can be blown up w nj1/2/3
- her other best tool b3 is -3
- has trouble building meter and has to spend meter to matter
I'm not gonna pretend to be a catwoman expert but I'll try counter argument your list
Worst wake ups, sure but when he does have trait it does become a mind game of when they are gonna use it, understanding it's only one she gets it often enough.
I mean the j2 thing, can that really be so bad, it's just another read where j2 is still good, (and can everyone backdash it? ) it doesn't make j2 any worse it's still hit confirmable with great range, the backdash can be read (cat dash, dash forward)
Poor anti air reaction wise with d2 yeah but then again the air to air on reads is decent.
Like what about how far b3 goes like don't just point out its negative and not mentions the amazing distance and low hit box properties.
Meter thing yeah I can't really comment
But dude she's got great pressure with her overhead, great mix ups,
Like everything supposedly bad about her is like also the good things about her depending on how you look at it

All in all I think she is a pretty fucking badass character and is not bad at all to be called low tier.

Edit : I also wanna say I don't think she is amazing but she is not that bad. C'mon man last GBS, if bit hadn't lost to fill pops he would've 3-0 Max's bane

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
GL is mid tier, not sure why Raven, Frost, and Sinestro are in top either but i dont know the characters well enough to say they dont belong there.
other than that this is pretty accurate

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
What makes catwoman so bad is that she has the reach of t-rex and walks as slow as a sloth. You could have all these great tools but if you can't even move to the range you need to be to use them (because over half the cast walks backwards faster than you do forwards) they become useless. Walking backwards against her is a top tier strategy. IMO if cat woman had the mobility of wonder woman (just walk and dash speed) she would instantly move up in the tier list.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I'm not gonna pretend to be a catwoman expert but I'll try counter argument your list
Worst wake ups, sure but when he does have trait it does become a mind game of when they are gonna use it, understanding it's only one she gets it often enough.
I mean the j2 thing, can that really be so bad, it's just another read where j2 is still good, (and can everyone backdash it? ) it doesn't make j2 any worse it's still hit confirmable with great range, the backdash can be read (cat dash, dash forward)
Poor anti air reaction wise with d2 yeah but then again the air to air on reads is decent.
Like what about how far b3 goes like don't just point out its negative and not mentions the amazing distance and low hit box properties.
Like everything supposedly bad about her is like also the good things about her depending on how you look at it

All in all I think she is a pretty fucking badass character and is not bad at all to be called low tier.

Edit : I also wanna say I don't think she is amazing but she is not that bad. C'mon man last GBS, if bit hadn't lost to fill pops he would've 3-0 Max's bane
All her air normals are pretty slow, she will lose almost every air to air

Pig Of The Hut

@GGA 16 Bit

Ive started u take it from here

Pig Of The Hut

So are Jokers, venomless Bane, Doomsday, Batman...
I'd personally peg Batman's WU game to be weaker than Catwomans.
No
Joker has an invincible safe on block Wakeup

Dd at least one invincible Wakeup not involving trait

Batman is arguable

Bane idgaf because no one is gonna rush bane down venom or no venom. You're asking for trouble

Also trait is blown up w nj

Alright not really liking the idea of people just making MP3's of our show without permission. I understand a lot of you are impatient etc but if you would like to get something up to help you listen in easier. I'd appreciate it if you work with me on this and not do it on your own. Its like taking a youtube video and re uploading it on your channel and saying its yours.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Her j1 is really good for an air to air as long as the opponents jump arc doesnt go over hers like for example Black Adam's or harley's does.
Yeah it has decent start up right? But yeah also there are characters with faster Ji1's. I don't remember at all... But when i used Catwoman i remember losing a lot of air to airs

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Yeah it has decent start up right? But yeah also there are characters with faster Ji1's. I don't remember at all... But when i used Catwoman i remember losing a lot of air to airs
I believe her j1 is 5 frames if i remember correctly, so speed is really not an issue. Its just that you can only anti air on a read leaving yourself open to get trip guarded and even on a correct read there are some characters that you can't anti air reliably bc of their jump arc.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I believe her j1 is 5 frames if i remember correctly, so speed is really not an issue. Its just that you can only anti air on a read leaving yourself open to get trip guarded and even on a correct read there are some characters that you can't anti air reliably bc of their jump arc.
Ahh, my bad then. And yeah her AA options are just OK compared to most of the cast.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
No
Joker has an invincible safe on block Wakeup

Dd at least one invincible Wakeup not involving trait

Batman is arguable

Bane idgaf because no one is gonna rush bane down venom or no venom. You're asking for trouble

Also trait is blown up w nj
That you can bait with a n.j. or cross-up yes, Or at least Bane can with his floaty jumps and j.d.3 making him jump slightly higher at certain times. I personally don't see Joker's WU game being very strong, he only has the one option and a lot of characters have meter options to respond with.

You can sweep or jab him out of Supernova, Venom, up venom, anti-air, and ES if you have the distance to do so avoiding the first hit.

At the very least Catwoman makes you jump so you are respecting it somewhat trying to predict it, which lets her just get away. Like the moment your feet have left the ground trying to read it you've committed to "She isn't going to backdash or Mb f/b.3 me". That's more than Batman can say.

Although I agree that it can be troublesome getting in on d.1/d.2 land, the point still stands that his wake-ups are ass without venom.

See above.

Pig Of The Hut

That you can bait with a n.j. or cross-up yes, Or at least Bane can with his floaty jumps and j.d.3 making him jump slightly higher at certain times. I personally don't see Joker's WU game being very strong, he only has the one option and a lot of characters have meter options to respond with.

You can sweep or jab him out of Supernova, Venom, up venom, anti-air, and ES if you have the distance to do so avoiding the first hit.

At the very least Catwoman makes you jump so you are respecting it somewhat trying to predict it, which lets her just get away. Like the moment your feet have left the ground trying to read it you've committed to "She isn't going to backdash or Mb f/b.3 me". That's more than Batman can say.

Although I agree that it can be troublesome getting in on d.1/d.2 land, the point still stands that his wake-ups are ass without venom.

See above.
Ok

End.