What's new

The Injustice Top 8 for Defend The North has been Finalized!

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Is there going to be an archive for this? Figures day of a major I'm busy as heck, won't miss top 8 though!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Grr steady making top 8 w bane, yet I talk to bane players all the time, and they claim grr ain't that great. Makes me laugh lmao.
He's a good Bane, but he isn't the Bane to end all Banes like some people say he is.
Qwark28 is right when he says that Grr is a bit raw sometimes.

But morel of the story? Theres no such thing as a great Bane.
Just good ones.

Me and RYX are terrible.
Maxintensity25 is either the Bane messiah, perfect in almost every way... or feeding his full-screen charge fetish.
BiPolarExxpress suffers from Canadian Kindness, so his back breakers are really back massages.
DarthArma plays Batman and loses to d.1xxanything.
Grr doesn't use normal attacks. Ever. Maybe once.

So in conclusion, no. Actually pretty much all the Banes are great and the character is great too. Grr is someone that I'd root for and while I can be honest and say he isn't perfect, that doesn't mean for a moment I'll downplay him and say he isn't one of the best in the world.

We poke fun at him because when he first became a name (beating KDZ for one round) we were quick to point out flaws in his style and called him "A promising but average Bane". No one really thinks he is average, we all know he is a sure-in for at least top 8 in any tourney he shows up to.

Last edited:
He's a good Bane, but he isn't the Bane to end all Banes like some people say he is.

Just good ones.

Me and RYX are terrible.
Maxintensity25 is either the Bane messiah, perfect in almost every way... or feeding his full-screen charge fetish.
BiPolarExxpress suffers from Canadian Kindness, so his back breakers are really back massages.
DarthArma plays Batman.

So in conclusion, no. Actually pretty much all the Banes are great and the character is great too. Grr is someone that I'd root for and while I can be honest and say he isn't perfect, that doesn't mean for a moment I'll downplay him and say he isn't one of the best in the world.

We poke fun at him because when he first became a name (beating KDZ for one round) we were quick to point out flaws in his style and called him "A promising but average Bane". No one really thinks he is average, we all know he is a sure-in for at least top 8 in any tourney he shows up to.
lol i don't understand my description..

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
lol i don't understand my description..
You're too nice, what with being Canadian, so everything Bane does is turned into a friendly gesture.

Back breakers are Back massages.
Double Punch are fist bumps.
Charges are running hugs.
Uppercuts are cheers for moral support.

I wanted to say your venom is actually just Maple Syrup, but that's a strength moreso than a weakness.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Catching up on what I missed last night, Reo vs. Revolver was insane, I have been thinking for a while now that Lex is way more than just a shenanigan character, he looked very strong. Huge props to rev0lver.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™

Just good ones.

Me and RYX are terrible.
DarthArma plays Batman.

We had a whole segment on our podcast talking about how we wondered where you were.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter

Just good ones.

Me and RYX are terrible.
DarthArma plays Batman.

AHEM

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Not so much Smite, more KI

I still play Bane though :p
I play some KI now though I'm at that stage where I know what I need to do to be better but I'm having trouble incorporating it all.

I hadn't seen you in the Bane discussion for like months before I left and the EU scene has been so quiet. You can see why I assume.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
I play some KI now though I'm at that stage where I know what I need to do to be better but I'm having trouble incorporating it all.

I hadn't seen you in the Bane discussion for like months before I left and the EU scene has been so quiet. You can see why I assume.
I can't speak for the whole of Europe but it's certainly very very quiet in the UK now :(, hence my movement over to KI for the time being. I'll start playing Injustice properly again eventually though, if the Ultimate edition came out for Xbox One this wouldn't be an issue. D:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I can't speak for the whole of Europe but it's certainly very very quiet in the UK now :(, hence my movement over to KI for the time being. I'll start playing Injustice properly again eventually though, if the Ultimate edition came out for Xbox One this wouldn't be an issue. D:
We should play sometime. You helped me improve by leaps and bounds in inj, so I mean ya know..

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Killer Frost is the only character considered to be 'Top 5' that no one is surprised to see in or out of top 8. She's not there = poor character representation, she is there = the characters op but these don't apply to Ares , Bane or even Hawkgirl that have had more success than her because they're bad characters and get there because people don't know the matchup..
I can't be asked to reiterate the same point over and over but just know that when there's a tournament and Killer Frost doesn't make top 8, I said she was bad from the beginning and no one listened

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Killer Frost is the only character considered to be 'Top 5' that no one is surprised to see in or out of top 8. She's not there = poor character representation, she is there = the characters op but these don't apply to Ares , Bane or even Hawkgirl that have had more success than her because they're bad characters and get there because people don't know the matchup..
I can't be asked to reiterate the same point over and over but just know that when there's a tournament and Killer Frost doesn't make top 8, I said she was bad from the beginning and no one listened
Yeah I'm sorry, bash or whatever on me, but I agree with Myles.
You'd think with all those 7-3 and lack of bad MUs that she'd actually place.
I don't know about "bad", but top 5? I'm not satisfied with words anymore, if KF players wanna say it then there better be some proof.