What's new

The Injustice League Podcast: Episode 1

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
Never got to play Kitana Prime at Kit :(
I could vouch for theo about flash and shazam being troublesome. But these guys have to be knowledgeable in the AM mu. Like what theo said about exposing wake ups and using launchers. I think AM does hella good against DD. There's a lot of anti DD tech there with trait and watershield

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Mirrors are stupid.

How one match up decides the "better" is so far beyond me.

Disclaimer: Mirrors set up by the individual players and not by the community are hype.
I agree, it's about who plays the most matchups better. Mirrors just bring the hype because it's fun to watch 2 different styles clash and see which prevails at that moment.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Someone bringing up that Shazam Beats Aquaman. I cannot like this Podcast more. Keeps listening.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
So I went ahead and converted ep. 1 into a mp3 for peoples phones and mobile devices (that's how I listen to podcasts) so it's more portable and doesn't swallow up memory.
Injustice League Podcast - Episode 1 MP3

In the future if you need to convert I'd recommend using Audacity (it's freeware) and good for a whole LOT of audio editing stuff.

- Audacity download from CNET
- WAV to MP3 conversion tutorial
I have to use audacity for my voice acting class. This is very convenient, thank you.

sn1kzZe

Noob
Please create youtube acc or upload to existing one, it allows people to subscribe and not miss future uploads (also the fact the app is installed on most devices these days so I can continue listening on my phone, tablet, pc if i change locations)

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Got to finish the entire thing. It was very well done. Nobody was speaking over each other. Everyone was given the chance to speak. The sound was good. Topics also good. I think its a very good Podcast. Cannot wait for the next one.

thanks for the mp3 conversion! I'll work on uploading it to a youtube account. Let us know what you want for next time guys, special guest, topics, impressions, whatever!

We're def going to get those games in Don't worry. I'm pretty good at breaking down characters for people and sharing tech. I'm thinking about doing something big for alot of people in the scene

sn1kzZe

Noob
Finished listening, DMS's take on commentating matches is spot on, the mixing it with hype and tech knowledge, also abit of stream monstering IRL gimmicks just hypes up the chat so much more, I wanna find the call spooby footage from summer jam if it was recorded, let me know.

On the subject of commentary: I can kind of appreciate the concern that it might look somewhat unprofessional in the eyes of potential corporate investors. I want the FGC to grow as much as anyone, and I'm totally in favor of Esports. As a stream monster I'm willing to give up some of the flavor in the commentary for the players to get the recognition they deserve....but I personally LOVE it when the commentators get hype and go crazy. My dream commentary team for EVO is 16 bit and Darth Arma because they both have fantastic skill and knowledge of the game, but just as importantly they both have great larger personalities that get me super excited for matches.

Yes there is a middle ground and there's probably a limit to how much: Goofing off, trash talking, memeing, etc. that should go on....but I personally think more is more in this case. While it may turn some people off (including other parts of the FGC) attempting to overly sanitize the streams and the commentary IMO robs the NRS community of one of its standout features: it's personality. We're not some kind of white collar sport, we're the WWE.
Also...I have a moderately successful sidebusiness that depends on the proliferation of those memes and in jokes.....so please....think of me won't you :(