What's new

The Inevitable Hype Killing Guest Character

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Lol I mean Offline yeah, Online is just practice, thats it. And offending Casuals just b/c they dont take the game seriously, makes you and Ignorant SOB. But to you define Seriously in depth, be sepecfic when you say it. If you are meaning that ppl should play the game as a competitor level that is serious, but bitching about a DLC character is gonna be in the game fuckes up everything? man just dont buy the damn DLC.

And what I meant about "serious" was if someone was getting their ass handed to them online they shouldn't RQ.
I'd love to reply, but I have no idea what that meant, man.

I'm not offending casuals, if that's what you're trying to say. I'm saying casuals are the people most interested in a character like Freddy.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
We wouldnt get pissed if it was predator or Ryu Hayabusa, in fact if one of these two inevitably get in the game i think they could sell any higher than freddy did, and Boon wouldnt even talk about scorpion sales

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
@Wemfs your signature has convinced me to rally for Pennywise for dlc

Bob Gray will kill you for a dime, he will do it anytime! 15 cents for overtime.....

Cody

Noob
Fact: NRS does guest characters and they're hilariously stupid.
Fact: Most people here hate that shit.
Fact: It seems like they end up duty bound to make them hilariously OP in someway before screams necessitate a patch.
Fact: They've been the best selling DLC the last two times they did it so it's guaranteed in MKX.

So who will piss you off the least?
You really need to learn what facts are.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
I know it may have been said already, but I'd love to see Jason.

Machete based variation
Grappler based variation?
Projectile based variation (throws deceased victims heads at opponent, also has a teleport attack)

This guy is a logical choice. Not the logical choice, but one of them. And considering how well Freddy did (apparently), I'd be surprised if they didn't bring Jason in for MK X.

I mean, just look at this motherfucker. How does he not fit the atmosphere?

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Just going to point this out again, Guest Character doesn't necessarily mean DLC, NRS could always have the guest character on disk, on the side of the character select screen like Kratos in MK9.

Guess chars= one less classic MK char:mad:
*cough* Kratos *cough*

Just remember that whoever it is, the rights holders have to be ok with them getting murdered, and murdering, in horribly gruesome ways.

This narrows the possible candidates. A lot. You can basically scratch any good guy from ANYTHING just about, and anti heroes/villains in violent media are the best bet.

Idk that many people are gonna be mad about a guest character! I could name at least 5 characters that would be awesome.

If Jason Voorhees makes it in, he is my automatic main if Mil doesn't make it or he is like Kratos was (broken and not allowed in any serious play)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Sir, your comment made me laugh, but your fucking sig almost killed me.

My fucking sides.

God damn.

---

Fact: Everyone who bitches about guest characters knows that if a character that they actually love or care deeply about is announced as a guest character, they'd shut the fuck up and join the bandwagon.

Example, the OP himself:
Okay, if this happened I would main The Alien. No exceptions, I don't give a FUCK.

Too bad it'll never happen. If there's is a guest character it'll probably be part of some WB property.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I wouldn't mind Geralt simply because he deserves to be in the game with you know, actual combat system. As to killing him, well, Sapkovskiy already did that himself, and that wasn't pretty, so I don't think he would mind :p