What's new

The Inevitable Hype Killing Guest Character

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
"Fact: They've been the best selling DLC the last two times they did it so it's guaranteed in MKX."

Right here bud ^ is why it's NOT stupid, besides it's only going to be one slot the rest MK so I'm fine with that. NRS like anyone else wants to make money, but still at least they're not nearly as greedy as oh other companies *cough Capcom* cough Activision*cough...

Here's a character that would be cool I think well the following I'd love to see in MK X:

The Shredder

Riddick

Predator

T-800

Michael Myers

Jason

V

I think all of these guys would fit in well in a MK game.

Mulder

King of Heroes
"Fact: They've been the best selling DLC the last two times they did it so it's guaranteed in MKX."

Right here bud ^ is why it's NOT stupid, besides it's only going to be one slot the rest MK so I'm fine with that. NRS like anyone else wants to make money, but still at least they're not nearly as greedy as oh other companies *cough Capcom* cough Activision*cough...

Here's a character that would be cool I think well the following I'd love to see in MK X:

The Shredder

Riddick

Predator

T-800

Michael Myers

Jason

V

I think all of these guys would fit in well in a MK game.
MMH, Zatanna, and Lobo all certainly sold more then Scorpion did in Injustice.

MKF30

MMH, Zatanna, and Lobo all certainly sold more then Scorpion did in Injustice.
Actually, Scorpion did. Boon confirmed on his twitter Scorpion sold more then any other DLC character in Injustice and Freddy in MK 9.

MKF30

He's not a liar, the guest characters sold more then anyone else. I highly doubt Boon would lie over that. Overall sales say otherwise, who gives a shit about just "Sony records" it's overall numbers of DLC sales per character that count.

He said this seriously in a few interviews and admitted he was surprised but NRS and WB have the actual numbers. People need to get over the guest characters already, been happening since Soul Calibur, Smash etc.

Last edited:

Mulder

King of Heroes
He's not a liar, the guest characters sold more then anyone else. I highly doubt Boon would lie over that. Overall sales say otherwise, who gives a shit about just "Sony records" it's overall numbers of DLC sales per character that count.

He said this seriously in a few interviews and admitted he was surprised but NRS and WB have the actual numbers. People need to get over the guest characters already, been happening since Soul Calibur, Smash etc.
Argue with Sony's actual numbers then-
In April 2013 the Season Pass was the 8th highest selling add-on on PSN-
http://www.psnprices.com/news/april-2013-top-selling-games-on-playstation-network/

In May 2013 Lobo was the 10th highest selling add-on on PSN with the Bad Girls and Teen Titan skin packs out selling him-
http://www.psnprices.com/news/may-2013-top-selling-games-on-playstation-network/

In June none of the characters were on there but the skin-packs were 4th, 5th, and 8th place while Zombie mode was in 9th place-
http://www.psnprices.com/news/june-2013-top-selling-games-on-playstation-network/

In July MMH was the 7th highest selling PSN add-on with the MoS Superman skin being the 5th highest selling add-on alongside Blackest Night's 2nd pack being the 9th highest selling add-on with Zombie Mode being the 10th highest selling add-on. ((Keep in mind MMH came out at the END of July))-
http://www.psnprices.com/news/july-2013-top-selling-games-on-playstation-network/

In August MMH was the 4th highest selling add-on with Zatanna being the 5th highest selling add-on-
http://www.psnprices.com/news/august-2013-top-selling-games-on-playstation-network/

Unless the Microsoft sales were incredibly different then there's no way Scorpion sold the most.

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
Well we do know that NRS likes to make all of their dlc characters very flashy so people would buy them, such as freddy and kratos. I'd expect nothing less with mkx. we will see some flashy character that isn't part of the mku

MKF30

Argue with Sony's actual numbers then-
It's overall numbers that count, for mult console(not just sony) I honestly don't care about one consoles numbers. Kratos was a console exclusive so if that's your argument, dumb argument. I'm talking about overall freddy sales I'm sure outsold Kratos and Scorpion more then anyone else individually in Injustice...

Boon's word of overall sales>>>>One console sales.

Mulder

King of Heroes
It's overall numbers that count, for mult console(not just sony) I honestly don't care about one consoles numbers. Kratos was a console exclusive so if that's your argument, dumb argument. I'm talking about overall freddy sales I'm sure outsold Kratos and Scorpion more then anyone else individually in Injustice...

Boon's word of overall sales>>>>One console sales.
The fact that you trust Boon is hilarious.

MKF30

Exactly, Kratos was Sony exclusive...

The fact that you trust Boon is hilarious.
I find your denial hilarious, Boon confirmed Scorp was the most sold in Injustice and Freddy in MK 9 but believe what you want ;)

Mulder

King of Heroes
Exactly, Kratos was Sony exclusive...

I find your denial hilarious, Boon confirmed Scorp was the most sold in Injustice and Freddy in MK 9 but believe what you want ;)
Trusting Boon is like if Satan told you to sell your soul for a Klondike Bar and you did it willingly.

MKF30

Right....so now we're comparing Boon to Satan? This gets better and better...just because he "trolls" with hints prior to games releases doesn't mean sales facts he posts are lies. Example, he posted MK 9 won fighter of the year that year and factually sold the most out of any previous MK. Yet I'm pretty sure that's true when I checked. So as I said, believe what you want. I'll believe the truth since it kinda is true that Scorp sold the most in Injustice ;)

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=150208

Last edited:

Mulder

King of Heroes
Right....just because he "trolls" with hints doesn't mean sales facts he posts are lies. Example, he posted MK 9 won fighter of the year that year and factually sold the most out of any previous MK. Yet I'm pretty sure that's true when I checked. So as I said, believe what you want. I'll believe the truth ;)
Yeah argue against Sony's sales records. Those incredibly Wii U sales certainly boosted Scorpion up from MMH being on the best selling DLC list for 3 months. :rolleyes:

MKF30

@ Mulder

I don't give a damn about one console's sales, it's multi console which means one console is irrelevant. You know the game was out for Xbox, Wii U, PS3, PS4 and PC right?

Given as how Scorpion is oh I dont know NRS's mascot and posterboy, you really shouldn't be suprised.:rolleyes::coffee: since this is common sense. MMH was requested by the DC fans, but feel free to ignore the many MK fans and sites promoting the game. :r:r:l:l DENIAL!
:D

Since you're such a Sony fan, how did Sony All stars sell vs. Smash Brothers again? Oh wait...lol

Last edited:

Mulder

King of Heroes
@ Mulder

I don't give a damn about one console's sales, it's multi console which means one console is irrelevant. You know the game was out for Xbox, Wii U, PS3, PS4 and PC right?

Given as how Scorpion is oh I dont know NRS's mascot and posterboy, you really shouldn't be suprised.:rolleyes::coffee: since this is common sense. MMH was requested by the DC fans, but feel free to ignore the many MK fans and sites promoting the game. :r:r:l:l DENIAL!
:D

Since you're such a Sony fan, how did Sony All stars sell vs. Smash Brothers again? Oh wait...lol
Injustice isn't on PC yet and the only version for the PS4 was the complete edition aka no DLC. Get your facts straight before you act like you know anything.

MKF30

Injustice isn't on PC yet and the only version for the PS4 was the complete edition aka no DLC. Get your facts straight before you act like you know anything.
Yes it is, my friend has it downloaded from Steam(allows you to play it for PC or laptop dur dur)...you really don't know much about Injustice apparently if you don't even know it's on PC, PS4, PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360...you get your facts straight, you're WRONG.

Do I have to post links to this seriously? You can't be that that dense kid.

Mulder

King of Heroes
Yes it is, my friend has it downloaded from Steam(allows you to play it for PC or laptop dur dur)...you really don't know much about Injustice apparently if you don't even know it's on PC, PS4, PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360...you get your facts straight, you're WRONG.

Do I have to post links to this seriously? You can't be that that dense kid.
Read the fucking Sony sales reports instead of trusting eyebrows blindly like a NRS fanboy.

MKF30

Read the fucking Sony sales reports instead of trusting eyebrows blindly like a NRS fanboy.
I don't give a shit about ONE console, wow you're an ignorant troll(have to be trolling now). So you know what, I'm just going to assume you're trolling, blocked for being an ignorant tool. *yawn* Nobody cares about just one console Sony fanboy...do some damn research next time please. I owned you and now I shall ignore you :) Good day Sony fanboy, it's been a pleasure owning you in this debate today. But yes please continue to hate on and not believe Ed Boon(the creative director and head of NRS) with factual numbers, and judge "a multi console game" on one system you love so much. *sigh*:rolleyes:

Hey what's that? oh PC!!! Derp...
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/injustice-gods-among-us---ultimate-edition

Last edited:
Also I'm playing on the PS4 and all the DLC characters are there. However the PS4 didn't make DLC money because it was complete edition. However Injustice: Complete Edition is available on PC.