What's new

The Inevitable Hype Killing Guest Character

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I am one of the few people on earth who thinks the Witcher is a crappy game.

But fuck would I love Geralt in MKX. Dude is awesome and would fit perfectly.

Kanye West. Now before you bitch at me for this one just remember...we'd get to abuse him MK style. Remember beatin the shit outta Fred Durst in a wrestling game? Yeah...yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah <3
....given this context, I now have about 50 more guest characters I wouldn't mind seeing...

Oh Osama Bin Laaaaaaaden, come out to plaaaaaaaaaaay *clinks bottles*

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
What does mainstream have to do with anything? NRS can do whatever they want with their game. Geralt is the best choice.
Mainstream has everything to do with it. The guest character is added to the game so people will buy it. Kratos, Freddy and Scorpion weren't put in the game because NRS thought a couple people might like them. They added them because they're all recognizable.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Idk about everyone else, but a guest character won't kill any of my hype at all.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Fact: NRS does guest characters and they're hilariously stupid.
Fact: Most people here hate that shit.
Fact: It seems like they end up duty bound to make them hilariously OP in someway before screams necessitate a patch.
Fact: They've been the best selling DLC the last two times they did it so it's guaranteed in MKX.

So who will piss you off the least?
I agree with you, and not only do I think that NRS makes them extremely good because of the patches, but also to sell them better. It's all business. To the people that say: "hey, you don't have to buy them" I say "yeah, sure, and how the hell am I supposed to fight against them if I don't know them?", so we all end up screwed in the end.

Predator wouldn't piss me off, and hey, if those DLC come out, remember: "shit happens".