What's new

The Inevitable Hype Killing Guest Character

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Fact: NRS does guest characters and they're hilariously stupid.
Fact: Most people here hate that shit.
Fact: It seems like they end up duty bound to make them hilariously OP in someway before screams necessitate a patch.
Fact: They've been the best selling DLC the last two times they did it so it's guaranteed in MKX.

So who will piss you off the least?
Writing "Fact" at the beginning of a sentence doesn't make it a fact. The only one of your "facts" that is actually true is the last one

eolson3

Noob
Fingers crossed for a mutant turtle of the teen-age variety. I'm sure they could come up with enough variety between the 4 of them to make 3 variations.

Would still be shit...but the least offensive shit I could think of :-P

Turtle Power!
As I posted in one of the other half-dozen threads like this, give me the Shredder!!!

E

insignis

Noob
at least a half of the roster will be occupied with new characters so what's the problem? You already may consider Kotal Kahn as semiOgre from Tekken :)

I'm fine with anything new while my favs are in.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Fingers crossed for a mutant turtle of the teen-age variety. I'm sure they could come up with enough variety between the 4 of them to make 3 variations.

Turtle Power!
Branch off of the Saurian race.

I'd main a Ninja Turtle. lol

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos

Turtle Power!
I was going to say Shredder because of the new ninja turtle movie

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Also fact: Everyone will want a certain character (ex. Zatanna), and then only like 2 people will use said character
I think she would have had a lot more players had she be in the vanilla roster. Being dlc gimps the number of players for a character b/c they don't want to be behind the 8 ball when learning to main someone.

Or that's my thinking anyway.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Let's be real here - the majority of MK fans are two kinds of people:

1 - Idiots
2 - Casual players who don't take the game seriously

Both of the above will welcome guest characters with open arms. I've seen countless people asking for Jack Bauer to be in MKX. This is so fucking stupid I can't even put it into words. The bottom line is that there will be a guest character and we can't stop it. MK9 didn't sell more copies than any game in MK history because everyone decided to really dig into it and try to compete and grind out practice mode. It sold that many copies because like every single friend of mine, they just like to fuck around and mash buttons and once in a while be able to do a fatality. All of them were super pumped to see Freddy was in MK9 and Scorpion was in Injustice.

Guest characters aren't there for us. NRS caters to us enough. They have to throw the idiots/casuals a bone. And by "idiot" I mean that simple friend we all have that thinks he's "nice" at MK and wants to play you, and after you smash his ass he'll call you cheap for "using all those moves in a row he can't block while he's in the air."

The ONLY hope is that the guest character will not be top tier and I'll have to look at fucking streams for majors with 6 Paul Blarts in the top 8.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Also fact: Everyone will want a certain character (ex. Zatanna), and then only like 2 people will use said character
Yup.

Fucking so frustrating. And to be fair, by everyone....you mean like a dozen people. Then 2 people will play that character. Literally one of the worst choices for the final DLC character they could have possibly gone with. I'd have rather had Sub Zero or anyone else from the DC Universe.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"

1 - Idiots

Both of the above will welcome guest characters with open arms. I've seen countless people asking for Jack Bauer to be in MKX. This is so fucking stupid I can't even put it into words. The bottom line is that there will be a guest character and we can't stop it. MK9 didn't sell more copies than any game in MK history because everyone decided to really dig into it and try to compete and grind out practice mode. It sold that many copies because like every single friend of mine, they just like to fuck around and mash buttons and once in a while be able to do a fatality. All of them were super pumped to see Freddy was in MK9 and Scorpion was in Injustice.

Guest characters aren't there for us. NRS caters to us enough. They have to throw the idiots/casuals a bone. And by "idiot" I mean that simple friend we all have that thinks he's "nice" at MK and wants to play you, and after you smash his ass he'll call you cheap for "using all those moves in a row he can't block while he's in the air."

The ONLY hope is that the guest character will be top tier and I'll have to look at fucking streams for majors with 6 Paul Blarts in the top 8.
You shouldnt take Online very serious especially in fighting games, there is so much that can fuck upi your game etc. Its only for MU's

Mulder

King of Heroes
Zatanna being in Injustice still feels weird to me. She was also very obviously rushed because of how her model looks and how a lot of her animations look recycled.

1 - Idiots

The ONLY hope is that the guest character will be top tier and I'll have to look at fucking streams for majors with 6 Paul Blarts in the top 8.
I liked this post because you described a friend of mine perfectly.