What's new

The end game boss

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I think it would be pretty funny if, whoever the surprise bad guy is, just turns out to be Martian Manhunter in disguise.

All of the sudden, the stage changes into Arkham Asylum, you can't block interactables anymore, and your walkspeed and jump arc is Nightwing- in- staff-tier. All your character can do is suck this thumb in the fetal position. When you try to push any buttons your character just pees all over themself while Martian teabags your corpse.

You lose.

IROC

WP IROC
I hope its onaga the dragon king! But watch it be kitana with all the power she actually has being the emperors adopted daughter. I bet boon turns her evil. Just like he killed off L Kang before which was a shocker

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
The end boss has to be more powerful than Shinnok, or at least at the same level. Otherwise, everything will be incredibly anti-climactic.

The only possible candidates are Liu Kang, Raiden, Onaga, Blaze, Shao Kahn (or a new incarnation of him), or Quan Chi w/ amulet.

I can see Quan Chi being the ultimate villain. We all know he's going to betray Shinnok. We all know he was the mastermind behind everything in MK9. We all know he has all your favorite characters enslaved. We all know he's the reason Scorpion and Sub-Zero fight each other all the time. Look, even if he's not the final boss, he's still the main villain, as far as I'm concern. This guy's a prick. He even betrayed us as gamers by breaking the rules of the game we loved with his rune traps.

The only viable options for Final Boss this time around are Liu Kang, Raiden, Shinnok or Quan Chi.

My bet's on Quan Chi seeing as how he's next in line for the position after Shinnok.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
If shinnok isn't the boss then id say Liu lang, Quan chi, Raiden.

But what if....IT WAS REIKO! Think about it!

If shinnok isn't the boss then id say Liu lang, Quan chi, Raiden.

But what if....IT WAS REIKO! Think about it!
Reiko could be a viable option. You know, now that Kahn's dead, he could step up and pick up from where Kahn left off.

Regardless of whether or not he's the final boss, it'd be great to see him again. Hopefully this time around with a more fleshed out story and a more key role in the everything.

It would be great for there to be more than just one or two boss characters. I will always remember having to go through 4 unplayable bosses in Super Street Fighter 2 as you neared the end of arcade mode. That was cool.

D. R.

Noob
Liu Kang is new head boss after beating Raiden and becoming a God.
Shinnok has Raiden join him, thus we see the evil "black garb" wearing Raiden again, teamed with Quan Chi.
They make some shit happen in all the realms to truly piss off the Gods.
Liu Kang gets other Elder Gods to join in crusade against the realms to "start over" if you will through genocide of EVERYONE. (Kotal Khan looks to be second from the left.)

The realms say FUCK THAT and MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAT X(10 for fuck sake) starts.
This is just my thoughts at the moment on how Liu can be the main boss.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I say Blaze. For some reason he comes to mind based on Boon's response to 'who's the big bad' question.

PS Also calling Skarlet in lower left hand corner slot of character select.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
The only viable options for Final Boss this time around are Liu Kang, Raiden, Shinnok or Quan Chi.

My bet's on Quan Chi seeing as how he's next in line for the position after Shinnok.
What is this 1950's logic? A female can def. rock as the end boss of MKX!

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Who would we not see coming but is indeed a returning character? It very well could be Kang. Or maybe Noob returning from beyond the soulnado. Probably not though.
Those are the exact two characters I had in mind. Noob could certainly fit in quite well as a final boss. He has the theme. Kang would need quite a lot of work though.

Those are the exact two characters I had in mind. Noob could certainly fit in quite well as a final boss. He has the theme. Kang would need quite a lot of work though.
Kang would work because it's a continuation of MK9. He's brought back by Quan Chi or whoever and is that enraged by Raiden's fuck ups in the last game that he turns into what Raiden eventually became in the original timeline.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.

Shinnok and Quan Chi are both too obvious. Boon said very few would see it coming. I wanted those 2 to be the bosses but it really seems like they won't be.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I've said it plenty of times, and i've yet to be wrong on any major prediction regarding this game so far.

Those "hidden" character placeholders are all fakes.

Blacked out head-shots of famous characters and stocks.

We already figured out that one of them is just a darkened out picture of Rorschach from watchman.

This wouldn't be the first time placeholders were meaningless, so take them with a grain of salt.

With that said...

It's fucking Liu Kang.