What's new

The end game boss

trufenix

bye felicia
Why are people saying Shinnok? It is the extremely obvious answer and Boon says it will be something people don't see coming. Obviously Shinnok is the initial bad, like Shang Tsung is the intial bad, but the BIG BAD will be over that 25 year span. My thoughts are Liu, Raiden, Onaga and of course Shujinko .
Shang Tsung's dead.

Would be great if they promote someone "like" that ...a lesser random guy... then in the game they are immediately killed by the real big bad who is an even bigger surprise in a traitorous twist...
Yes that would. Reminds me of the opening to MK deception which is also one of my favorites of all time. Onage was introduced as such a badass. Build a lesser character up after Shinnok, someone like Reiko, then have the real big bad come and say "naw biznatch, im the HBIC" and crush them.

Whoever it is, I just hope bosses and regular characters don't have mindless A.I. as they did in MK'9 arcade ladder. Even the hardest difficulty mode was too easy. This is why I suggested and hope NRS implements a crossplay feature. Or an online/offline arcade ladder hybrid if you will.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Why are people saying Shinnok? It is the extremely obvious answer and Boon says it will be something people don't see coming. Obviously Shinnok is the initial bad, like Shang Tsung is the intial bad in MK9, but the BIG BAD will be over that 25 year span. My thoughts are Liu, Raiden, Onaga and of course Shujinko .
This.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Nah all of you are wrong. It's going to be this guy right here. :D

lol.

On the real though, I think Liu being the end game boss would be pretty sick since he becomes a fire god in his MK9 ending. Not to mention he was pissed off big time before Raiden cooked him up.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Liu Kang or Raiden is my guess

A. Liu Kang is almost killed and believe Raiden is crazy and let earthrealm burn and people die on purpose. So he's pretty much gonna be Sinestro now and believe in order at all costs.

or

B. Raiden goes mad trying to protect Earthrealm after Kahn's defeat (Dark Raiden) and pretty much runs along the same lines of the above.

Both would be a returning character and both would be sort of a surprise to be the big baddy.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
You know, it probably is Shinnok. Ed Boon is a troll. He says it will be a returning character we will likely never expect. Everyone is assuming Liu Kang because of what he said, and dismissing Shinnok. This is his plan.

Since you all think it's Liu Kang now, him being the end boss is not unexpected anymore. Thus, the final boss is Shinnok.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Liu Kang is new head boss after beating Raiden and becoming a God.
Shinnok has Raiden join him, thus we see the evil "black garb" wearing Raiden again, teamed with Quan Chi.
They make some shit happen in all the realms to truly piss off the Gods.
Liu Kang gets other Elder Gods to join in crusade against the realms to "start over" if you will through genocide of EVERYONE. (Kotal Khan looks to be second from the left.)

The realms say FUCK THAT and MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAT X(10 for fuck sake) starts.
This is just my thoughts at the moment on how Liu can be the main boss.
This opens up the possibility for Liu Kang to be a combatant in the tournament though, in the same vein as how Raiden participated. He is the protector of Earthrealm after all and will try to lead his realm to victory. I'm still calling it: Liu's three styles are: Drunken Boxing/ Wushu Kung Fu|Jeet Kun Do Nunchuk hybrid/ Fire God

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Queen Mileena would be cool as a villain(as she is one of the precious few characters to live through mk9) but of course the real answer is Jarek.

THE BLACK DRAGON LIVE ON

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Whoever it is, I just hope bosses and regular characters don't have mindless A.I. as they did in MK'9 arcade ladder. Even the hardest difficulty mode was too easy. This is why I suggested and hope NRS implements a crossplay feature. Or an online/offline arcade ladder hybrid if you will.
Agreed that AI was awful in Mk9. But what is this crossplay feature you're suggesting ? Or the online/offline ladder hybrid ? I don't understand either of them.

Agreed that AI was awful in Mk9. But what is this crossplay feature you're suggesting ? Or the online/offline ladder hybrid ? I don't understand either of them.
Oh yeah, I should have at least linked to the thread where I posted some ideas about the crossplay feature. Sorry about that.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mkx-netplay-what-can-nrs-add-to-improve-online-functionality.43646/page-3

It's the second post on that page. I have some other ideas in that thread for online play as well.

Crossplay and a hybrd arcade ladder would be the same thing. The term crossplay comes from a game that was never released by Arkane studios called the crossing. Here's an article on it: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/issues/issue_270/8064-Crossplayer-Is-the-Future

Also another idea in the same vein as crossplay, is for NRS to set up a random character ladder for the crossplayer. In where your online opponent could only pick from characters you've already beat in the ladder. You on the other hand could pick anyone you wanted to, even after you lose a match.

Or they could always do a mix of things. Such as instead of a random character ladder that let's your opponent pick from only non beaten characters, they could set up a pre determined ladder in where you're opponent knows full well a specific character will be picked for him next. (Sort of how I mentioned in the linked thread.) From here you could always select which online player/s you want to have as your opponent in ladder mode.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
I think it'll be a resurrected, zombie-like, huge Liu Kang, full of hatred for Raiden, who failed to him and killed him. He'll look bigger, maybe he'll wear Kahn's helmet, but I'm not sure, he'll have grey skin, and he will throw fireballs with both hands.