What's new

The Brutality Opinion Thread

JDM

Noob
My only concern is how much life the loser seemed to have left when they were performed. A few times it looked the loser had as much as 25% life left when it was performed.
They said the brutalities don't do additional damage at all. So let's say Sub Zero's ice pick move does 14 percent damage, if you execute the move with the requirements fufilled and the are at =<14 percent health , boom brutality babeh.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I think seeing brutalities at the end of combo strings at tourneys will be hype as fuck.

That said, yeah it's not as flashy as I thought it would be.

But hey! At least one body isn't littering the whole stage with bones.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Kotal Kahn's was fucking AMAZING. Dude ended his combo with his huge sword that cut the dude down the middle. Fucking awesome.

Scorpion's was as well. The one where he ended with that double slash that took the guy's arms off.

Brutalities interest me so much more than the Fatalities at this point, I can't even begin to explain it. I think we will be discovering new ones even a year from now.

I fucking love it.
I know right, over 100?! My reaction was like :eek: lol seriously, probably have a different one per variation and hidden ones too with a roster of 34+ characters? Makes sense.

True, KK's was sick very stylish. QC's was kind of messed up and stylish at the same time. I can't wait to see Sub's other brutalities, the one they showed was rather tame just a ice blade to the head.

I really love brutalities. They seem way more simple than the cinematic over the top fatalities and the camera stays in the same fucking place like the old games! So fucking cool. I'm very happy with them and personally I think they're fucking brilliant just because of the fact that there is a big opportunity to incorporate classic fatals into brutalities. Like Jax putting his leg against the opponents chest and ripping their arm off, or suddenly Shinnok just summons a giant ass skeleton hand to smash the fuck out of the opponent. Quick and simple finishers, FUCK YESSSS

Last edited:

dreemernj

Ambassador
I just finally got to see the brutalities.

I love them. Fatalities feel so forced. They are tacked onto a game with very little tie to what's actually happening. Splicing these in to the end of the match flows so much better and instead of it being a little show after the match is done its a legit finisher to the match.

These brutalities seem way more entertaining to me than the actual fatalities.

JnTonioo

Yurp
do ppl not realize that this is basically the same as the old brutalities but instead you're doing the combo and it ends differently
.......but for real this is sick the ppl calling it garbage are sleeping on it hard as hell,
cant wait for high level play

Brutality keeps the momentum going

Fatality = Torture
Brutalities = Straight Execution

tell me these gifs dont make you feel the pure aggression

There's just something so wonderful about watching Kotal Kahn saw through Kano's torso like he's carving a Thanksgiving turkey.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
There's just something so wonderful about watching Kotal Kahn saw through Kano's torso like he's carving a Thanksgiving turkey.
Funny enough in MK9 i always liked finishing with Moves that would kill like Subs throw or Jax EX Gotcha

and i was thinking when i play Kotal this move be so cool for me to finish with, and then they give me this, looks so satisfying

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Have any of you guys noticed that when they showcased Cassie's spec ops variation, that thing on Kano's chest in his cutthroat variation was blue? It was supposed to be green, not blue. It was green in the selection screen but when they selected that variation, it turned blue. I was like "wtf" lol

Dark

Noob
Have any of you guys noticed that when they showcased Cassie's spec ops variation, that thing on Kano's chest in his cutthroat variation was blue? It was supposed to be green, not blue. It was green in the selection screen but when they selected that variation, it turned blue. I was like "wtf" lol
Yeah it messed up somewhere.. looks like they're changing either the yellow or green one to blue though anyway.

dreemernj

Ambassador
It's a shame that the stream was very laggy, but i'll wait for archives.

Brutalities were amazing from what I saw.

Sorry guys, this is MK X, not MK 3. The 90's finished 15 years ago.
The brutalities are basically MK3 style fatalities. The camera stays in normal mode, no cinematic aspect, just lots of blowing people up, chopping people up, tearing them to pieces.

For god's sake, Quan Chi has A BLOOD FOUNTAIN. You don't get more 90s MK than having a blood fountain.

Brutalities are the most MK3 thing in MKX at this point.

EDIT: And after the blood fountain, of course the head comes bouncing in. This is classic MK fatality at its finest right here.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I too so far love Raiden's, QC's, KK's, Cassies and Ermac's. But I'm sure there will be plenty more awesome. I bet Sub's other ones will be sick! Freeze shatter anyone? I know that has to be part of one of his brutalities!

REYTHEGREAT

To be honest, I wa expecting more. The brutalities were ok, some i said to myself is that it?, I was expecting to be longer and more brutal. Come on its 2015. But they were ok,

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
At first I didn't like it but the more I saw the more I grew to enjoy them..It's so smooth to go into them from a combo the more basic ones like Sub-Zero's from the trailer will be obviously easier to do like no throws the winning round or something..And this is another way to test your self..TRY TO DO EVERY BRUTALITY IN THE GAME AND IT'S OVER 100! TF! ...The reactions in a tourni when someone pulls off one of the more harder ones like no meter use or no breakers etc...Shits gonna be hype (I doubt anyones going to risk losing a match trying to get a brutality but hey)

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Loved it. Brilliant idea.

I've noticed to that most non -hardcore Mk fans generally love it too.

Nostalgia is such a blinding force sometimes. Some people just need to get over the past and embrace how awesome this actually is.

My only concern is how much life the loser seemed to have left when they were performed. A few times it looked the loser had as much as 25% life left when it was performed.
I noticed that and the flashing low health indicator too. I just wonder what the requirements are going to be... I think something like a UMK3 'MERCY' would be hype for tournaments, if your opponent wanted to give you an extra chance to win!

Also some of you might have noticed, but it seems a lot of the brutality moves are just a 'finishing animation' of a characters normal move.