What's new

The Brutality Opinion Thread

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I like that they remind me of the old school fatalities from MK1-2-3, without cinematics and camera angles; my only grip though is that I notice some slow motion in them, and that cut the fast pace they had in the old MKs, hopefully they change that in the final release. Btw, it would be cool if they add those old MK sounds previous to the fatalities, but this time for the brutalities, so we somehow could re-experience that old MK nostalgia. ;_;

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I expected them to be some what like Weaponlord finishers. If they could have made it more like that, would have been even better. Imagine comboing someones head or grounded body.

Kokoko

Somehow
Brutalities are great, yeah! Absolutely. Can't wait to perform it.
I expected something like MK3 with X-Ray, but it's really awesome. Thanks NRS.

This whole new brutality thing they got goin is literally better than anything I imagined, really wanna see jax now more than ever.
also kabal and hopefully one of the cyborgs(dlc if not in base game fingers crossed)

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Theres over 100 so maybe every char has an x ray version of brutality

Kotal's is gonna be so Satisfying

betting Money on Sub having freezing then smashing you on the ground

I think brutalities are awesome and almost exactly what I predicted/wanted.....only issue I have is that depending on what the prerequisites are it seems like they might happen on accident sometimes.....which sounds slightly lame to me.

I mean....what If I don't want to end with a brutality? Maybe I want to end with a fatality?

You knew this was coming no matter what they actually looked like.

"Oh man they're different than they used to be. I can't believe this isn't MK3U, this game is trash!!!"
"OH man they're exactly the same, why couldn't they try something different"

Point is there is always going to be someone who complains. I think they're great, and I'm glad to have something new. If you want a super large auto-input combo, KI is still there.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Sorry but no. Brutalities are fucking epic lol and flashy.

Agreed, Brutalities aren't horrible. They're like a combination of classic MK fatalities, brutalities from MKT and babalities and friendships in regard to "having to do something to in order to do it" I like them.

I'm curious as to what the things are will be, probably will change depending on the brutality and apparently I think we'll be able to choose or something before the match because notice Tyler asked Jenn to put the cam on them instead of the game at one point.

P.S. umm KI copied MK first off if anything with "humilations" and punching people off of roof tops, pits etc because we all know it's not like MK didn't do that first...lol

This is nothing like an Ultra Combo, KI3 they beat you up and punch you into a background portal or something very tame compared to MK X. I have to say Raiden's was fucking beast.
Kotal Kahn's was fucking AMAZING. Dude ended his combo with his huge sword that cut the dude down the middle. Fucking awesome.

Scorpion's was as well. The one where he ended with that double slash that took the guy's arms off.

Brutalities interest me so much more than the Fatalities at this point, I can't even begin to explain it. I think we will be discovering new ones even a year from now.

I fucking love it.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
Now the only thing left to include is Hara-Kiris, with super long inputs to make it challenging for the loser. Now you have to choose between going for the Fatality and risking the Hara-Kiri; or ending it quick with a Brutality. :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Quickalities are awesome,I liked them a lot, i think the only problem here was NRS calling those finishers Brutality, those who felt disappointed surely were expecting something else. When i browsed to the Angola Whatsapp ground lot of people feeling disappointed due the nostalgia and stuff, and some even left before the stream finished, i get it, i know what they were expecting.

But this is fucking Mortal Kombat, i do not second though anything about this game, i will still going to play it like my last day on earth everytime i get my hands on it.

And for the first time Derek and Tyler fist of 2 has shown the true pace of MKX, and they dropped much less combos too, the game looks really fast that capitalize reads and strats will make your brain work twice as fast than MK9 and even much faster than Trilogy

JDM

Noob
Brutalities are gonna be sick because depending on how strict the requirements will be, the audience might not even know if they are able to perform one. I think they are gonna be way more hype than babies simply because they are disrespect and surprising wrapped into one move. Everyone knew when a baby could occur and not saying they weren't hype, but they had no surprise element to them like brutalities do.