What's new

The Brutality Opinion Thread

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
They can be like 12 hits...but they didn't show them. You can do a Brutality at the end of a big combo and make them like the finishers of old WITH OUT THE FATALITY STATE (!).

I do agree they could have shown them better though. It would have been nice have gotten a better explanation of how they work, or to have seen some brutalities at the end of combo in a more natural way.

Edit: I just saw the end of the stream, and the way they did the Brutalities at the end of their "official" matches were pretty cool...though I still have no clue HOW they were doing them.
Pretty sure they had a 'cheat' set so that as long as they ended the match with an attack that can be a brutality, it would trigger. The only requirement they seemed to aim for in the 'set up' ones was health bar remaining.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
In my opinion the Brutalities weren't very brutal. I was expecting a cross between X-Ray's & Fatalities. Bone crushing, skull shattering, body ripping goodness...instead we got quicker more condensed version of Fatalities.

I'm not overly disappointed but certainly not hyped.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
In my opinion the Brutalities weren't very brutal. I was expecting a cross between X-Ray's & Fatalities. Bone crushing, skull shattering, body ripping goodness...instead we got quicker more condensed version of Fatalities.

I'm not overly disappointed but certainly not hyped.

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
I'm not particularly impressed, but these Brutalities are basically what I wanted as an alternate option for Fatalities, so there would be a way to use them in competitive play or online before your opponent could disconnect.

And they're better than those goofy-ass thousand-hit explodey ones. Seriously, guys. The only reason you would want one of those in is due to nostalgia. They were stupid as hell and not even that rewarding to pull off.
I would not be surprised if perhaps at least a certain character *coughgorohack* would have one that tipped a hat at nostalgia. #punchwalkbrutality

kantboy-2

Ripper
I'm going to jump 6 months into the future and ask when is the DLC patch for cinematic brutalities coming?:joker:

Awesome stuff; every character will have at least 7 fatalities. :D

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Theese are just amazing in so many fucking ways. Basically they are BRUTAL and they are an awesome looking result to a flashy combo. Great way to implement those into the XXI century NRS. Im really proud of you <3

Im just shocked some people wanted to see a button combination that ends with the opponent blowing up. Old brutalities were dumb then and they would be even dumber now.

Most of you guys are feeling some type of way because u are just seeing brutalities done in its rawest form, but when sick combos and setups into brutalities are found, and executed it will bring much more hype to the use of them. Like NRS said there are over a 100+ brutalities right now (some variation specific) maybe more, so u have the option to pick and choose which one u like the most for ur specific character, and work around that. There are some that are good imo, others are lackluster, but I feel we will see this mechanic evolve overtime with the release of the game...

kantboy-2

Ripper
I want these to become cinematic at some point down the line. Perhaps as DLC for single player challenge towers.

Every character gets multiple kill strokes!

Imagine when they crown the Evo champion after he finishes off his set point with a freakin' brutality. Hype!!!

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I wasn't expecting old school brutalities.

I kinda wanted to be like KI3 ultras but with less hits ofc.

BTW KI did ultras first then MKT copied then with brutalities. Its not the other way around lol.

And yeah you guys are right they feel like classic fatals. Quick and brual. This is how fatals should be but but they r long and slow it takes away from it tbh.
At least you can do a swag long combo into it.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
Hum... that was AWESOME?!

Imagine if every enhanced special move + grab was a Brutality.... damn. Love the classic finisher camera angle too.

X-Ray Brutalities anyone?

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
What impressed me was that these brutalities basically finished what I would EXPECT from some of these attacks if they were 'more realistic' -- which is just excellent. "Oh, that thing that should have killed people like 1000 times already actually did? Props."

Secondly, I do understand why some people were disappointed by the name Brutality, but I think it still fits. The finisher variation of a special is the 'Brutal' version, that kills rather than maims. And pretty much all of them are a 'brute force' application in some form or another. So far.

I just wowed out at Cassie's nutcracker Brutality. "Oops, I knocked your head clean off!"

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I wonder if this is the same Brutality system that was going to be in 9 before it got cut, or if that was something different.