What's new

The Brutality Opinion Thread

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Well maybe the presentation is what some people find off putting about them. MK3's were part of a giant combo string into a gory explosion...

If Tyler had done a full combo into the Brutality ender it may have struck a different chord with people, but as far as him doing that.... lol

They put on a good show though :p

I thought Cassie and Kung Lao's brutalities were the best representation out of the ones shown (could have been longer). Other than that, some could of just been honestly called fatalities... minus the cinematic camera work.

Well maybe the presentation is what some people find off putting about them. MK3's were part of a giant combo string into a gory explosion...

If Tyler had done a full combo into the Brutality ender it may have struck a different chord with people, but as far as him doing that.... lol

They put on a good show though :p
Even then, some like Raiden's still involve the old 'blow-ups'.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Can i open now a forth thread with the title "Brutalities are rad?" since everyone opens one with a different word to describe it?

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
No I either won a million dollars or I caught my dick in a zipper and zipped it all the way up... There is no middle ground... Learn how to Internet...

I feel these will be more fun once we can do them and know what you have to do to do them.. 60% combo into brutalities will be ultra super swag...

They would've been better off calling it something else and saving real Brutalities for MK11. Not "omg 15 hits and a guy explodes" Brutality, but an updated version of a pure physical beatdown into oblivion that differently animated per character and it being a Brutality. Lost opportunity.

With that being said, I think these some of these new finishers are amazing. Nice addition to MKX. Going to be great finishing intense matches with these.
I agree with this 100%. They should call the now Brutalities, Mutilation or something in that vein.

pzea

Noob
I really like these finishers. I know people wanted the old school brutalities but what's cool about these new ones is that we might actually see some of them in competitive matches now. How hype is that? Finishers that aren't super long cinematics.

I hate new fatalities and brutalities. The utter campiness and comic absurdity was the appeal to me back in the day. Now it's just blatantly over the top and cringe inducing. I wanna finish people off in trolly or hilarious fashion or with my tongue

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
I kinda wish Brutality's were just really hardcore X-Rays. By hardcore, I mean really really really brutal.
I used to imagine new Brutalities would essentially play out as they did in the MK3 days but each hit would have some sort of different X-Ray effect on the body. So you'd end up seeing about 20 different points of carnage at rapid succession before the body burst into a pile of ridiculousness. But then I realized how stupid it would look.

When it comes to these Brutalities, I initially thought they were utter crap. The very first one with Cassie was so subtle that I thought I must've missed something. They grew on me though. Some normals and specials look pretty neat preforming a quick killing move without having to drastically change FOV, screen position, etc.

Jason Shearer

Kombatologist
I'm willing to bet all the nay sayers change their tune once more details emerge about how they're actually performed. They were set to easy mode for the sake of the stream, and the montage merely showed the gravy. It sounds like some of them will be quite difficult to pull off. Imagine how badass some of those would look after doing a 15-hit combo yourself. Give it a chance.

Skellington

Banned
I think they should have shown at least 1 full brutality. I'm pretty sure you could follow up with all of the brutalities that were shown

I like em. I glad we dont have sped up punches and kicks. We all know these same people would complain about them using punches and kicks instead of something fresh. Keep up the good work NRS