What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
If this game is amazing as everyone says, I might pick this up. But Borderlands 2 is coming out soon as well and my money isn't exactly mountainous at the moment. ._.

VF is pretty hard to master as well.

I can't say which one is harder for sure, but to me, Tekken feels harder moreso because of how much of an emphasis there is on movement and it feels much more based on spacing, reads and knowledge as a whole, rather than just reads and knowledge. That's to me, though, in my limited time with VF.
VF5 is harder to learn IMO. Like you said, the movement is the biggest factor. Any scrub can pick up VF5 and have no problems with movement. With Tekken, the movement is a'lil harder to learn and master. Also, the amount of characters is a factor.

I'm getting that hang of tag assault, after reading the manual of course. I forgot those things exist lol (just in case for those that didn't know, to do a tag assault you press the tag button before you bounce a character during a juggle)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Alex and Ling is a pretty funny team. Going to have to see where they go, I did main roger in T6 but I dont remember shit.

Also for anyone that wants to get into it go straight to fight lab. Five stages that will take you maybe 1 hour and it will teach you different stuff like the TA's and such. Great starting point in my opinion.

YoungTrunks

There's a storm coming
Just got it, I've been playing with my brother a little, very hard so far. Add "OctoberHigh" on psn if anyone wants to play! I'm not good at all yet though, so some help leveling up would be great!

SZSR

Noob
How do you deselect characters on the selection screen BTW? It's been the "Select/Back" button for a while now but when I tried it today it didn't work...

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
If I didn't shell out 60$ for persona 4 arena (which is pretty fun) I would have gotten this. I'll eventually get it but I have my eyes set on Lili and experiment with other characters

gdf

Noob
How do you deselect characters on the selection screen BTW? It's been the "Select/Back" button for a while now but when I tried it today it didn't work...
I had a similar problem myself. Harada better have a good reason for this.

I mean, I don't want to be that guy handed a game with godlike qualities, and shit it on for menial details, but I want to make them known at least once. Then deal with it.

Still another two days until us Europeans get it. Not that I'll be buying it straight away, tbh.

For those that do have the game, I have a question: is everyone unlocked from the start, or do you have to unlock them? I assume the former, because in Tekken 6 you had everyone from the start.

Still another two days until us Europeans get it. Not that I'll be buying it straight away, tbh.

For those that do have the game, I have a question: is everyone unlocked from the start, or do you have to unlock them? I assume the former, because in Tekken 6 you had everyone from the start.
If you preorder it, you are giving all characters including DLC. If you didn't your still given the full roster, but no dlc.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Here's the trailer showing new characters such as Slim Bob, Miharu and Dr. B.

!

L O L at Dr. B
And Slim bob looks sick.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Hey guys I'm real slow. I can not figure out where to add my DLC codes. Can some one tell me where is it?? Thanks

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
DIS GAME IS SO FUNNNNNNN

too bad final round bans button binding, I cant do retarded shit like 1+4 consistently using thumb on pad... oh well gotta adapt

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
How close is the gameplay too tekken 6 I wont be able to get the game for a bit cause im broke lol, but are the moves and such similar too tekken 6? Other than the tag stuff obviously. I mean like am i going to have to completely re learn my home boy wang?

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
its some old school elitist mentality or something... basically america is 50/50 on it, with some majors like EVO and CEO allowing it for tekken, and others like Final Round banning it. In Europe though its allowed all the time, and in Asia who gives a shit cause they all play sticks lol

Crathen

Death is my business
This game is much better than T6 for the overall better spacing , now stepping has become way more good nonetheless many characters didn't lose their playstyle , here's what i've noticed with Bryan yesterday:

Taunt is still +16 , tested it and b4 still connects ( 16 frames ) , hitting b4 near the corner still means over 110 damage easily

No more taunt 1+2 , now it has 17 frames of startup and gained tracking but now it's safe around -7 on block

Real nerf is less tracking no more taunts vs techrolls

B4 on block has now more pushback when at the wall

Qcb3 now +4 on hit , still -14

f41 is a very deceptive string it's fast and has range , cannot be interrupted / sidewalked -12 on block but forces crouch block , almost half life damage from a raw f41 , if the 1 hits in counterhit you get a guaranteed qcb4

Df21 now doesnt jail and u can crouch the second hit but he has a new df23 wich it's a NCc and u can combo at the wall with f41

3+4 now doesn't grant a juggle on counterhit but u can always combo at the wall with f41

Df1 series now does more damage , always easy ass hitconfirmable string it , -15 on block ( wich u shouldnt get anyways bc you can HC ) has lost his awesome tracking

Still testing then i'll move to dragunov