What's new

T.O. Alex JeBailey is asking, "What system do we all plan to get Mortal Kombat X for?

What system will you be getting MKX for?

• PS4

Votes: 180 63.6%
  • XBone

Votes: 58 20.5%
  • PC

Votes: 33 11.7%
  • PS3

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
As a Killer Instinct player, I'd obviously prefer to get MKX for the One so it'll be a simple matter to switch between both games while staying on one console.
This is a big reason I want to stay away from Xone with MKX...If its real simple to switch I'd probably never play KI again with the MKX button sitting right there...at least with it on separate consoles I'm making a decision when I turn one on...

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
What will probably happen with me is the same as MK9 and IGAU...get it on PS then on everything it is availible for when the ultimate edition is on sale...:oops:..I'm weak...

Before some idiot brings this up, let me get this out the way, Xbox360 was acceptable for standard tournament play over Ps3 because its hardware was more efficient in running lagless offline gameplay, but now times have changed and with next gen XBONE has taking a backseat...PS4 is taking the reigns this time like it or not with its more efficient powerful build, I'm not playing favorites, that's just what it is.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
how many anime players play inj or mk9?

Beats me, but it's still comparable. If it's about alienating a group because their community is restricted to one console so we should cater to them then we should've went with PS3 over 360 last gen even though the games ran better on 360 and we should go for XBO over PS4 even though games run better on PS4. They can still play the games and converters are in the works, why play a potentially worse version of the game because of a handful of players?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Beats me, but it's still comparable. If it's about alienating a group because their community is restricted to one console so we should cater to them then we should've went with PS3 over 360 last gen even though the games ran better on 360 and we should go for XBO over PS4 even though games run better on PS4. They can still play the games and converters are in the works, why play a potentially worse version of the game because of a handful of players?
I hear you. My point is that the likelihood of anime payers playing NRS games is much lower than the KI community playing NRS game. Thats all

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Which in turn will most likely have the most people playing on it sooooooooooooooooo.................

Not necessarily, the PS3 version of MK9 was played the most for a time because it was tournament standard. People will pick up the version that tournaments use, for example:

As far as consoles, I will buy the version EVO uses.
So it's not a given the best version will be played by the most amount of people.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I hear you. My point is that the likelihood of anime payers playing NRS games is much lower than the KI community playing NRS game. Thats all

You never know, anime/Guilty Gear players picked up Marvel, Capcom players pick up NRS games, NRS players picked up KI, 3D players pick up SF, etc. People try out games and if they like playing it they will stick with it, regardless of where they come from.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
PS4.

As Tom said, controller tech isn't there yet for next-gen, so more people are playing on the console with a stronger pad for FGs. Neither pad is great, honestly lol, but PS4 is better for FGs as a whole. Also, a number of FGs, most notably Street Fighter V, are being released exclusively on Sony consoles. Unless that changes, the only reason to own XB1 for FGs is for KI in that sense, unless the multiplatform games run better on XB1.

In all honesty, the performance concern shouldn't be one, given that PS4 and XB1 run on similar enough hardware, though it should be noted that PS4 is capable of playing games at 1080p at 60fps, something XB1 doesn't do. Some XB1 versions of games actually don't even run at 60fps, while the PS4 versions do, so that brings into question exactly how stable of a performance XB1 actually provides in comparison. DirectX12 should help the XB1 here, but for now, the PS4 (so far) seems to actually run better.

TKB

Noob
Does it even matter? This is for short-term until SFV hits in 2016, where KI will get swept away and PS4 will be the standard.

PS4 is already better than XB1 in terms of sales + has way more FG exclusives.
This is exactly what I was going to post.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Xbone. PS4 too once I get one. Maybe also 360 since the MKX PDP pad can be used on both 360 and XB1.