What's new

T.O. Alex JeBailey is asking, "What system do we all plan to get Mortal Kombat X for?

What system will you be getting MKX for?

• PS4

Votes: 180 63.6%
  • XBone

Votes: 58 20.5%
  • PC

Votes: 33 11.7%
  • PS3

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Super broken stuff that ruins the game should be fixed, but I don't believe superman's breathe or day 1 black Adam is anything like that.

And I would willingly pay $15-$20 for a yearly update to Mortal kombat with new characters, stages and balance tweaks. Sf4 went though months of unbalanced top tiers and annoying vortex set play without a hot fixed patch to right things. I'd rather deal with overpowered shit for a year than risk the chance of a nerfing based on overreactions.

Are you kidding? Superman's breath used to be + on block, with an 8 frame advancing normal it wreaked havoc with many characters and would to this day. It NEEDED to be fixed, as did Black Adam.

I find paid updates to be ridiculous now a days, in the old days new cartridges/expansions were required to get an updated version, now we download those updates while we sleep. Putting it behind a paywall, effectively rendering your copy useless until you pay for a patch, is nonsense. Scorpion was an overreaction, Kano was an overreaction, what else was an over reaction? Also, Capcom has done ridiculous overreactions on characters even with several months of waiting things out (Jill in MvC3->UMvC3) and they've also overly buffed/nerfed characters even with all that added time. Quick patching and waiting things out both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Last edited:

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Damn but you're all eager to spend money.
You know what system everybody already has and has their favorite controller for? XBox 360.

PC is a tempting answer too, but (1) it's probably a lot more hassle to deal with in a tournament environment and (2) fighting game ports to PC have a terrible history.

Fixing it requires Bluetooth hardware, so don't hold your breath on that one.

It's being downported by a completely different studio, games that do that tend to have framerate/screen tearing issues more often than not.

cyke_out

Noob
Are you kidding? Superman's breath used to be + on block, with an 8 frame advancing normal it wreaked havoc with many characters and would to this day. It NEEDED to be fixed, as did Black Adam.

I find paid updates to be ridiculous now a days, in the old days new cartridges/expansions were required to get an updated version, now we download those updates while we sleep. Putting it behind a paywall, effectively rendering your copy useless until you pay for a patch, is nonsense. Scorpion was an overreaction, Kano was an overreaction, what else was an over reaction? Also, Capcom has done ridiculous overreactions on characters even with several months of waiting things out (Jill in MvC3->UMvC3) and they've also overly buffed/nerfed characters even with all that added time. Quick patching and waiting things out both have their advantages and disadvantages.
Every game has over reaction changes but if paying for a dlc patch means a game gets supported for more than a year, then sign me up. At least then things can be changed if a nerf or buff went too far.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Every game has over reaction changes but if paying for a dlc patch means a game gets supported for more than a year, then sign me up. At least then things can be changed if a nerf or buff went too far.
"Supported", by the devs? Because I honestly don't think a game survives or doesn't based on the amount of updates it gets (Marvel 2/3), it's just about players wanting to play it or not. Injustice could be getting yearly updates and I don't think it'd get much more numbers than it has in its lifespan. Updates can make a game feel "fresh" but it still down to people wanting to play it or not no matter what devs do.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
It's being downported by a completely different studio, games that do that tend to have framerate/screen tearing issues more often than not.
yea, this is what my concern is. i already started my nexgen mk fund for this reason. encouraging my friend to do the same.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
im getting a PS4 this month, but for anyone looking for the cheapest option Xbone dropped its price. if we're lucky Sony might follow suit.