What's new

Match Footage Stryker Videos

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Speaking of roll toss, I fought this guy a few weeks ago and he told me that I shouldn't use Stryker's roll at all cause it's useless lol. He was telling me that I have the worse Stryker ever lol. Here's the video with some of his messages at the end.

Yeah Stryker will do that to you all right. Talk about salty lol. Btw base on that vlad video, your Stryker has improve a lot. You should post more videos :)

Edit: btw what do you use to record your videos?

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Yea, you just gotta do the inputs very quick cause there's been times where I hit my opponents with the standing 4, but they still block the sweep.
Base on the video it seems that if it is done at point blank it has a chance to combo. But when the tip of standing 4 hits, the stagger doesn't last long enough for it to combo. I wonder if it's one of those things where if you don't block it will combo. I'm gonna look into it in training.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I hope he has improved. :) I played one of my PSN friends early today, and I was able to beat him a lot of times. The score was like 8-1 and usually he destroys me. I was even able to babality him like 3 times, I don't know if that was me improving, or him he was having a bad day. Also, I use an Happauge with component cables, to record in HD.

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
I dont know how I feel about the whiff 1,2 juggle yet but the combos are amazing...especially the corner uppercut one :) I will give them a try when I get the chance
Input the uppercut with the launcher. Should be 3 character steps ish from the wall I guess? If your too close too the wall the juggle goes back towards the mid as opposed too flipping around the corner. You need to be a certain distance from the wall...

4 xx Baton Sweep is impossible. Not something I'll likely incorporate in a match.. It's not reliable and very unsafe on block (unless you hit them with the tip of the baton). I'll stick to 4 xx gun hold / frame traps. :)

B3 xx baton remains the best use.

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
4 xx Baton Sweep is too hard lol. I only managed to land it 2 times out of like 10 tries. Not something I'll likely incorporate in a match.. It's not reliable and very unsafe on block (unless you hit them with the tip of the baton). I'll stick to 4 xx gun hold / frame traps. :)

4 xx roll man not sweep. Lol

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Yea, you just gotta do the inputs very quick cause there's been times where I hit my opponents with the standing 4, but they still block the sweep.
4 xx Baton Sweep is too hard lol. I only managed to land it 2 times out of like 10 tries. Not something I'll likely incorporate in a match.. It's not reliable and very unsafe on block (unless you hit them with the tip of the baton). I'll stick to 4 xx gun hold / frame traps. :)

Yeah I give up lol. I cant link this thing to save my life

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
good news guys I got my FT10 session with one of my CSZ friend. Bad news I got destroyed (as expected). I will probably post them in the Stryker video thread that way I can stop spamming Rampage thread :-P

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Woohoo I got a new friend today who mains sonya. This is my very first session with him so I dont know what to expect. After seeing that 43% combo, i knew I was in a world of hurt lol. Good games to [MENTION=7200]Etherbased[/MENTION]...very nice sony I must say :)

Next stop is the FT 10 (currently uploading)

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
You do understand that the dive kick is safe right. I dont know where you got this from but you cant roll under dive kicks. It beats roll toss every day just like any regular jumping punch or kick. You must be thinking about Mileena's :-P. I would say yes you can use high grenades to make CSZ respect the air but that alone at jumping distance is a waist of time. you can only do it a full screen and maybe, maybe 3/4 of the screen. The start up on grenades is so slow that at jumping and 3/4 CSZ has time to dive kick and stuff it. This match up requires a lot of patience in my opinion and your only chance to land a decent damage is either you block the slide or you bait the ice parry with an empty jump followed by B3,2. im my experience CSZ is one tough robot to deal with. I would rather play cyrax a million time that playing a good CSZ. And dont get me started on the freaking EN bomb shenanigans. Thanks to the buff to EN Roll toss you can count 1 bar for 1 bar.
CSZ has 3 "types of dive kicks"
Perfectly Spaced
Safe-ish
Unsafe.

Copy word for word form REO's dive kick guide...
A "perfect dive kick" means it has to be at least half screen and hit their foot, the pushback goes along with the trajectory so you cannot do this at all using the close dive kick. Perfect dive kicks are also extremely rare and will not happen in a real match 99% of the time. Characters that punish perfectly spaced dive kicks are listed below.

Stryker can check CSZ with a 4 if he blocks the perfect dive kick...which means that either I block it or take the damage

REO then says...

This is a dive kick that is placed from the chest to the shin and the one you will see most commonly used 95% of the time.

Stryker can punish with a 4....

and the last one according to REO...

Unsafe Dive Kick
This is what happens when you make contact with the head or shoulders of an opponent and you will see this happen 4% of the time by good CSZ players, it is full combo punishable on block by everyone.

so yeah. Hope this helps with Stryker vs CSZ.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
CSZ Nightmare FT10

As it stands, CSZ is a MAJOR PITA for me. I just feel powerless and out of option against him. Maybe I need to take a completely different approach when playing against him. I'm still trying to figure out what advantage stryker has over him. So far, up close I have to wait till CSZ mess up to settle for a standing 4 :-( Let me know what you guys think. And super thanks for Al-Burr for letting me post the videos and for his great sportsmanship. Even though he destroyed me in the session, he had nothing but respect and pay his GGs. Without further ado, I present to you my current NIGHTMARE!!!

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Thanks [MENTION=8162]GuamoKun[/MENTION] but I have yet to punish that dive kick on block. I just uploaded a FT10 on the Stryker Videos thread feel free to check it out. I also want to do one with you and post it if that's ok :) Also during the FT10 session i try to use Standing 4 but I thought I was just punishing another incoming one. still it is not easy to do :-(

Hey man, great games vs Sonya. You played the matchup exactly how it should be played. :) You weren't careful enough with some grenades and roll tosses but you played good overall.

Vs CSZ, you didn't play too bad. You were fuzzy guarding well and finishing your punish combos. I think you just made a lot of bad calls. Like when you got a knockdown with Roll Toss, you either took your gun out or started rushing down CSZ on his wake up. Both of those were bad decisions. Look at 1:25 of the 3rd video. You can clearly see how awful CSZ's options are from full screen. His teleport is crap, his slide can't even reach you, his ice ball is a joke. Basically all he can do from that distance is try some bomb set ups or close distance with dive kicks. That's when you have to let him know you control the air. Once you make CSZ hesitate to jump and abuse dive kicks, that's when he'll start struggling and making mistakes. Because if he can't rely on dive kicks to come to you, that means he either has to teleport or slide. Both of which are extremely unsafe.

Also, when CSZ threw an ice bomb at your feet, you often walked forward or jumped forward when CSZ was obviously going to follow with a dive kick. A smarter thing to do would've been to jump back or protect yourself with a grenade of your own.

You also let him bully you on wake up. When someone keeps pressing buttons like that on your wake up, don't hesitate to greet them with a wake up roll. Or you can try to stay grounded and check them when you stand up.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
[MENTION=2961]PoliceBrutality[/MENTION]

Nice matches, man.

Edit: Also, I usually punish a slide with B3,2xx4, roll. Never knew I could punish with a B1,2,2.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
[MENTION=3217]Vulcan Hades[/MENTION] thanks for the input man. Has you can see, it's really hard for me to zone him out , let alone keep him full screen for a decent amount of time. Does anybody know of have tips how to deal with the 3 bombs setup. I did a neutral jump which seems to help on occasion, but I tried to stay in between and that doesnt seem to work. I'll take your input and try to add it to my gameplan (which currently I dont have for csz) ROFL

[MENTION=9026]Rampage254[/MENTION] thanks man. As you can see there is a timing to it. if you do it too fast, B1 will whiff but I think the follow up 2,2 should still hit. The same punish also works against subzero :) the only difference is that you have to do B122 as soon as you block the slide. A second delay and regular sub will block the string.

Man that's why I wish MK9's training mode had a dummy recording feature like SF. Then it would be so easy to test those bomb set ups and dive kicks and find some good counters for them.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
[MENTION=3217]Vulcan Hades[/MENTION] Nice matches and man that was mean Freddy. That match came down the wire. I would have been pissed to lose by being frame trap to death. Even the last punch was a solid D1 LOL. Im still not sure how to play a good freddy. One of the Kabal was really impressive. I need to go back to some of the videos again. I will comment more once im done going through them. GGs man :)

vs Freddy, I don't know why I kept going for gun cancel into jump in punch. I should've went for gun xx jump kick since it has more range. Other than that, I noticed I wasn't blocking much.

Right now I'd say Rain gives me the most trouble. I thought I knew the matchup but that's because I've never really played a good Rain that really knew how to use him besides Book Burning. Truth is I have no idea how to defend vs Rain's shenanigans. :S Once he's in and starts doing his thing I'm free. Same for Quan Chi and Scorpion.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
vs Freddy, I don't know why I kept going for gun cancel into jump in punch. I should've went for gun xx jump kick since it has more range. Other than that, I noticed I wasn't blocking much.

Right now I'd say Rain gives me the most trouble. I thought I knew the matchup but that's because I've never really played a good Rain that really knew how to use him besides Book Burning. Truth is I have no idea how to defend vs Rain's shenanigans. :S Once he's in and starts doing his thing I'm free. Same for Quan Chi and Scorpion.
Maybe [MENTION=9026]Rampage254[/MENTION] might be able to help you with the rain matchup (sorry for putting you on the spot bro). His rain is a headache :-( My problem with facing a good rain is that the minute you mess up, oh oh here comes the 40%+ damage. I dont know how to properly counter the 4,3 kick cancel shenanigans either. I wonder if D3 or D1 would help. Any chance of posting a video.

The thing about scorpion is that I think he has to commit to some of his shenanigans. I would say scorp is one of the characters that really test your reflexes. Any matches with a good scorp should automatically be called TEST YOUR LUCK. If you can figure out the pattern of your opponent and how to block the mind fuck, you should be able to hold your own against him. I think we should always block low up close in order to bait both overhead (the sword and the two hit string that ends with the shoulder). Sadly, I dont know how unsafe both are ATM. Does anyone know how safe the EN teleport is? I wonder if you can uppercut him out of it.

I have two good Quan on my friend list. I'll request some matches so we can look at them. My other problem is sheeva. Seriously I still dont know what she's capable of. I dont know how to deal with the stump spam :-( one time ive seen someone do neutral jump punch to hit her out of it, but I dont know if it was luck or an actual counter.

JagoMIH

Noob
Maybe [MENTION=9026]Rampage254[/MENTION]

The thing about scorpion is that I think he has to commit to some of his shenanigans. I would say scorp is one of the characters that really test your reflexes. Any matches with a good scorp should automatically be called TEST YOUR LUCK. If you can figure out the pattern of your opponent and how to block the mind fuck, you should be able to hold your own against him. I think we should always block low up close in order to bait both overhead (the sword and the two hit string that ends with the shoulder). Sadly, I dont know how unsafe both are ATM. Does anyone know how safe the EN teleport is? I wonder if you can uppercut him out of it.
His overhead sword launcher is unsafe and punishable by full combo. EN teleport gives advantage on block and you have to block 334 (3 kick combo) after.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
His overhead sword launcher is unsafe and punishable by full combo. EN teleport gives advantage on block and you have to block 334 (3 kick combo) after.
Thanks for the input. I guess the next thing for me to test is if Stryker's B2F2 or B122 with properly hit. Regarding the EN teleport, does it have armor? the reason im asking is because stryker uppercut is pretty fast, so if EN teleport is baited porperly, maybe the uppercut will hit before the second hit.

EDIT: You know what, maybe I just setup the wake up move in practice tonight and see what happens

Don't block his EN teleport. That's what Scorpion wants you to do. Remember that ninja teleports hit high, which means they completely whiff if you just crouch. If you crouch poke during a dash you will cancel your transition frames from stand to crouch. So you can instantly avoid high special moves like teleports. You can use gun hold to bait teleports then dash xx D1, D2, D3 or D4 to punish them.

My best counter vs Scorpion's teleport is: (on reaction) D4 xx gun shot, D4 xx roll toss for around 23% I think. That also works vs Ermac, Rain (regular tele), Noob and Cyrax.

Smoke's teleport isn't really airborne when performed on the ground so you don't get a juggle out of it. But you can make it whiff the same way. It's just harder (impossible) to react to since it's the fastest.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
[MENTION=3217]Vulcan Hades[/MENTION] wait, are you sure scorp EN teleport hits high? I know the first hit will whiff but im not sure about the second hit. that's why i was wondering if we could uppercut him or use your D4xxgun into D4 xx roll that you just mentioned to punish it. Good scorpion players mostly use the EN tele in my experience. If we can make them think twice before doing it against stryker that would be a huge bonus.