What's new

Match Footage Stryker Videos

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
Well, if it isn't REO playing as Stryker! :D I just had to log in for this. :)

What I liked: His gun cancel abuse to build meter. His overall footsies. JFP, dash xx 1 xx gun shot, dash xx D4 xx Roll Toss > Never even thought it was possible. :) I'll start practicing that right away. I also liked the way he abused standing 4 (I never noticed before but it looks pretty safe on block).

What I liked less: Not sure what REO sees in 1,2 but he kept going for that after a jump in punch. On hit, he used the stun to dash xx throw. On block he usually went for a gun shot. That seemed to work a lot for him but I still don't get why he didn't go for full combos or blockstrings followed by frame traps. He could've build more meter + inflicted a lot more damage. I also wasn't a fan of the random roll tosses vs Sonya.

But anyway.. Always nice to see some top players picking up Stryker. :)

edit: And yeah, I'm back too lol. Not sure if I'll be as active as before but I'll still try to contribute a little to the forum.
Technically 4 is + on block. In the corner its a monsterous move probably the best proximity normal in the game.

You miss me guys??

I´m almost depressed, i can´t log on in the server anymore... i don´t know why :S... I need to trhow some shot... in... humans... Is someone having the same problems??

Thx.
Sounds like your MK9 Online key is corrupt. Re-download it from the PSN store, or tell us the exact nature of the error.

I'll just assume your trying to play over wifi and if your connecting over Wifi (shame on you) get an ethernet cable so you can get a real connection because PSN is not the best on its own as it is the last thing you need is going over air 60mbps vs 100mbps from a cat5 cable that won't cut out unless you physically cut it :p

[MENTION=3217]Vulcan Hades[/MENTION] wait, are you sure scorp EN teleport hits high? I know the first hit will whiff but im not sure about the second hit. that's why i was wondering if we could uppercut him or use your D4xxgun into D4 xx roll that you just mentioned to punish it. Good scorpion players mostly use the EN tele in my experience. If we can make them think twice before doing it against stryker that would be a huge bonus.
Check this recent match I just uploaded:

I do it twice at 1:02 and 2:37. I missed the complete punish in the end. I was trying to cancel D4 into Roll Toss. :(

And I forgot to post this match yesterday:

:(

Trying to chip Smoke with a gun shot was SO dumb. Of course he's going to use Shake lol.

btw 2:27 is pure bullshit. If you look closely my D3 hits him. Even if his X-ray has super armor it still should've killed him because I'm confident D3 is supposed to be 1% dmg on hit and he clearly had less than 1% life remaining. Plus he can't be invincible because the X-ray wasn't done as a wake up attack. So like I said, BS!

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Thanks a LOT mate!!! I've been training that D1/D4 xx gun, D4 xx roll punish for quite a while now. Negative edge is killing me :-( but now I know for sure to cancel my gun into D4 against teleporters. BTW is the scorpion match pre-patch? roll toss looks awfully slow in it lol

The smoke match is totally bogus with the D3 not canceling out the Xray. Two EPIC and enjoyable matches nonetheless. im surprise that smoke player let you pull out your gun so much. You definitely go lucky on that one since they could have used teleport punish on reaction. You took literally a lot of risk on the smoke match. At 0:47 you could have maximize on the damage output a bit. Nxt time you catch an opponent with gunshot, follow it with 1 xx gunshot ~ 1/D4 xx roll toss or uppercut. (i think standing 3 should work as well).

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Maybe [MENTION=9026]Rampage254[/MENTION] might be able to help you with the rain matchup (sorry for putting you on the spot bro). His rain is a headache :-( My problem with facing a good rain is that the minute you mess up, oh oh here comes the 40%+ damage. I dont know how to properly counter the 4,3 kick cancel shenanigans either. I wonder if D3 or D1 would help. Any chance of posting a video.
You should be able to poke out of it, at least when fighting me, cause my fingers aren't fast enough to constantly do the 4,3, RH cancel lol. You can pretty much poke out of it when anyone does it, you just gotta time it and make sure your opponent doesn't do the EN RH. I personally don't do the RH cancel much cause I always end up doing 4,3,B4 or 4,3,geyser kick for some reason.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
You should be able to poke out of it, at least when fighting me, cause my fingers aren't fast enough to constantly do the 4,3, RH cancel lol. You can pretty much poke out of it when anyone does it, you just gotta time it and make sure your opponent doesn't do the EN RH. I personally don't do the RH cancel much cause I always end up doing 4,3,B4 or 4,3,geyser kick for some reason.
Thanks for the input :) Now how about a session with you rain one of these days huh :-D what do you think this match up is anyway? i would say it's 5-5

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Thanks for the input :) Now how about a session with you rain one of these days huh :-D what do you think this match up is anyway? i would say it's 5-5
I might get a bit rusty cause I'll only have time to play on the weekends since classes just started back up for me, today, but I'll still play a few with you whenever I get a chance. I'm not actually good at knowing match ups lol :p

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
I'll try and throw my two cents in the match up. (Rain is my main, with Stryker my back up)

If you are playing a rain who is doing flawless RH cancel shenanigans, you're only way out is the correct read. I'll let you in on what goes in on my mind, so maybe it will help you figure out when to counter poke/jump out.

As soon as I start to jail you with 4,3xxRHxx>4,3xxRHxx>3,3xxRHxx>3xxRHxx>d4xxRHxx (Etc etc etc etc) I am doing this with the sole intention of waiting for you to THINK you have an opening.

If I predict you trying to jump/poke/punish out during a RHxx, I will not cancel it. I will let the RH go in your face, do 24%, put you in a bubble, and drop you in front of me to continue my shenanigans.

If you fight a rain who knows what they are doing, your best bet is as follows: The very first time you block a 4,3 JUMP OUT IMMEDIATELY. I will never expect someone to jump out the first time. Then, when they try it again, block the 4,3 and then block the RH that they will (most likely) let rip. While you can't punish a blocked RH, it does get you out of the pressure.

Fighting a Rain with RHxx is like fighting a Vortex scorpion. It's about guessing. Guess correct and you're free (against scorpion you get a punish... not so lucky when going against rain), guess incorrect and you're going for another round of bullshit.

Any questions about rain, I'd be happy to answer.
Also, if you have PSN I'm always down to play.
Hopefully this made sense... I just woke up from a very long night.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I'll try and throw my two cents in the match up. (Rain is my main, with Stryker my back up)

If you are playing a rain who is doing flawless RH cancel shenanigans, you're only way out is the correct read. I'll let you in on what goes in on my mind, so maybe it will help you figure out when to counter poke/jump out.

As soon as I start to jail you with 4,3xxRHxx>4,3xxRHxx>3,3xxRHxx>3xxRHxx>d4xxRHxx (Etc etc etc etc) I am doing this with the sole intention of waiting for you to THINK you have an opening.

If I predict you trying to jump/poke/punish out during a RHxx, I will not cancel it. I will let the RH go in your face, do 24%, put you in a bubble, and drop you in front of me to continue my shenanigans.

If you fight a rain who knows what they are doing, your best bet is as follows: The very first time you block a 4,3 JUMP OUT IMMEDIATELY. I will never expect someone to jump out the first time. Then, when they try it again, block the 4,3 and then block the RH that they will (most likely) let rip. While you can't punish a blocked RH, it does get you out of the pressure.

Fighting a Rain with RHxx is like fighting a Vortex scorpion. It's about guessing. Guess correct and you're free (against scorpion you get a punish... not so lucky when going against rain), guess incorrect and you're going for another round of bullshit.

Any questions about rain, I'd be happy to answer.
Also, if you have PSN I'm always down to play.
Hopefully this made sense... I just woke up from a very long night.

Well, I haven't been using Rain much so I don't know how all that tech stuff works, even then I don't pay attention to much of that stuff when I fight someone. 9/10 I just play without actually thinking of my next move, that's one of the main reason I haven't gotten much better at the game.

[MENTION=8508]Quantus[/MENTION]: Wow man, thanks a lot for that insight. That actually helps a lot. :)

At least now I now what they're trying to do and what their best offensive options are. So at least I know my opening is during the roundhouse start up.

btw is Rain's roundhouse armor breaking? If they let go of RH could I just counter with EN roll toss, EN baton sweep or X-ray??

Quantus

Not armor breaking, but it's too quick for the start-up on most armor specials, but I believe and X-ray should do the trick(maybe. I'll hit the lab soon and check it out)

If you want to X-ray out of the pressure, I know for a fact you can do it when I drop you from the bubble into the reset (or at least most X-rays. I know Rain and Stryker both VERY well, but I've never fought a stryker with rain, haha)

How can it be too quick if the armor kicks in on frame 0? I'm not sure I understand what you mean..

The way I see it Stryker would just absorb the damage and still counter with the enhanced move.

Quantus

Blockstun

edit: Also, I'm in the lab right now, and to the best of my ability (by myself it's hard to test this shit) I'm led to believe that the block stun is enough to stuff an X-ray attempt as well.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Oh oh oh kinda sir [MENTION=8508]Quantus[/MENTION], feel free to add me. I'm always up for a challenge hehe. my PSN is pmarc82 :-D and super thanks for the input as well. I always wanted to pick up rain because I wanted to have a ninja (dont ask why lol), but the execution and not having any defensive/offensive gameplan setup made me give up on him. your example gives me an idea on how to start my offense with him instead of mashing B2, 1+2 lol. Cant wait to play you bro. My stryker is not that great tho. Right now im just having a blast and a couple spoon of frustraion relearning all the matchups :banana:

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Blockstun

edit: Also, I'm in the lab right now, and to the best of my ability (by myself it's hard to test this shit) I'm led to believe that the block stun is enough to stuff an X-ray attempt as well.
yeah I dont know about stuffing x-rays. maybe help rain jump out or get to safety. Pretty much gives rain enough stun advantage to block any incoming xrays. RRRGH what im trying to say is that the damn RH is safe LOL

EDIT: oh and add me on PSN while you are at it ;-)

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Ok here is the video for punishing scorpion EN teleport

I also have one with gun cancel. I will try to either record it again or edit the video once I figure out how to do in youtube lol

EDIT: where are my manners lol...Big thanks to [MENTION=3217]Vulcan Hades[/MENTION] for discovering this punish method :)

EDIT: where are my manners lol...Big thanks to [MENTION=3217]Vulcan Hades[/MENTION] for discovering this punish method :)
lol no prob. But I'm sure I've shown that in one of my Stryker Academy vids. Although I didn't go into details.. Might be a good idea to explore similar punishes for all teleports.

I know a similar punish is possible for Cyrax and Rain's teleports but it's a little harder. I still haven't found a way to maximize damage on them. Anyone feel free to look into it.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
lol no prob. But I'm sure I've shown that in one of my Stryker Academy vids. Although I didn't go into details.. Might be a good idea to explore similar punishes for all teleports.

I know a similar punish is possible for Cyrax and Rain's teleports but it's a little harder. I still haven't found a way to maximize damage on them. Anyone feel free to look into it.
Yeah it's in one of your Stryker Academy videos. I had fun trying to test this. I will look into the other teleporters and how much advantage we get if we end the combo with baton sweep instead.

EDIT: YOOOOOOO Ermac cant do anything if you end the combo with uppercut. you will be outside the range of force push and force lift. Teleport you can see coming from a mile away. The only thing that bring a guessing game is the Hover Slam since decent ermac can cancel it into teleport. Even then, I notice that we can just let the gun go off. It literally hits ermac out of all his options even the Hover Slam :) pretty much no need to cancel the gun into D4. oh and yeah the same D4 xx gunshot works against his teleport as well. There is a timing to it tho since it is kinda of slow

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Scorpion EN Teleport Punish with Gun Cancel

Ok I'm currently playing with the D1/D4 xx gunshot ~ D4 xx roll toss punish. Here is the one with gun cancel that I mentioned earlier. This is of course nothing new. You will also find this punish in one of V. ' Stryker Academy video. I would recommend ending the combo with an uppercut to gain full advantage and a decent spacing to avoid getting hit by EN takedown.

EDIT: maybe we should start a punish thread and post the videos (when possible). I think we might already have a punish thread, but since this is post patch it might be necessary :) what do you guys think of this idea?

Quantus

EDIT: maybe we should start a punish thread and post the videos (when possible). I think we might already have a punish thread, but since this is post patch it might be necessary :) what do you guys think of this idea?
I'd totally support a neat organized thread for punishes.

also, sorry that we couldn't seem to get together tonight for some matches. hopefully the next couple of days will be kinder to us, haha.

Blockstun

Sorry if my question sounds stupid but I don't have Rain and can't test for myself.. But I still don't follow.

You're saying that 4,3 leaves Stryker in blockstun for more than 30 frames? Then how can we jump out of it? The way I saw it was, if we can attempt to jump out between each rotations, surely we can also use an EN move or X-ray (like vs Kabal's block trap). I don't understand why we couldn't. This would be a jail / block infinite if we couldn't interrupt Rain in any way, but I know it isn't because you said we can try to jump out. So then we're not completely locked in blockstun.

Oh wow, for a moment I thought this was the matchup discussion thread lol.

Anyway, here are a few of last night's best matches:

Sick games all around. :)

Quantus

You're saying that 4,3 leaves Stryker in blockstun for more than 30 frames? Then how can we jump out of it? The way I saw it was, if we can attempt to jump out between each rotations, surely we can also use an EN move or X-ray (like vs Kabal's block trap). I don't understand why we couldn't. This would be a jail / block infinite if we couldn't interrupt Rain in any way, but I know it isn't because you said we can try to jump out. So then we're not completely locked in blockstun.
It all depends on whether or not I cancel the RH.
I wish I had a capture device so I could actually show you what i mean, but...

Here is the scenario

I am pressuring with 4,3xxRHxx>4,3xxRHxx>4,3xxRHxx>4,3xxRH
I do not cancel this 4th Roundhouse and I actually let the attack go through.

You can poke/jump/X-ray/Armor out of the pressure during the first 3 cancels. The block stun isn't enough to jail you for the duration of the RH and the cancel.

HOWEVER

if you attempt to jump out of the pressure after the 4th Roundhouse, it comes immediately after the 3, and attempting to do anything will result in the RH connecting and sending you into 24% damage and a reset.

This is just an example, I hardly put pressure on for that many strings, but hopefully this helps.

Do you have PS3 or Xbox?

If you have Xbox, hopefully Police Brutality can record a couple of our matches so you can actually SEE what the pressure looks like.