What's new

Speculation: Spawn & Sub-Zero confirmed for Injustice 2? Final twitter poll results are in.

trufenix

bye felicia
The MK pick is Raiden. He is a god, the word god is in the title. You've had your mascots mary sue moment, do whats right.

Meanwhile Buffy is maligned, but would they balk at Blade? I wonder.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
MK9, Injustice and MKX all having guest characters is probably a sign of them selling really well, so I'd say that apparently a lot of players do care.
^ This. Just look at the activity comparison from Boon's tweets.

Non-MK Guest is at +3,760 more votes than just an MK guest character. Also, due to the fact that it would be something very new and exciting. There was a Spawn fighter years ago, but wasn't a walk-through game? Spawn should be in the next MK though too.
guest.png

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
^ This. Just look at the activity comparison from Boon's tweets.

Non-MK Guest is at +3,760 more votes than just an MK guest character. Also, due to the fact that it would be something very new and exciting. There was a Spawn fighter years ago, but wasn't a walk-through game? Spawn should be in the next MK though too.
View attachment 12504
Last time Spawn was in a fighting game was Soul Calibur 2 and he was pretty trash and didn't feel all that Spawnly. He didn't even have his cape! Imagine him with his Cape with full animation. That thing is described as looking alive just. That with Injustice 2's fantastic graphics? We have a fantasy come true man.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Well, given that Boon's polls usually don't correlate to any plans NRS actually have, maybe this confirms it won't be any of those characters in the poll and they've already decided on another MK character entirely. I'd say Liu Kang would be the natural choice out of everyone else in the MK universe.

....although I would be interested in seeing what kind of trait they would come up with for Mokap if he was in Injustice 2 :DOGE
True to some extend, there was a pole that got some characters buffed though, and I still belive NRS will announce kp3 with Noob and Fujin since they havent ruled out the possibilty as of yet.I wouldn't be surprised if Shao Kahn ends up in Injustice 2, I think that would be awesome, since we havent quite a chance to play as him competetively, and its a mystery if we 're going to see him in an canon MK game again, unless they're going to reboot the storyline for a second time..

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Hey man, even the early stuff we saw was good. It's gonna look great on release.
Im not impressed, it's for from "fantastic". And the faces man, the FKING Faces man! They are the nightmare material.

Super girls face looks like something that came after chucky the doll and donkey had a sex.

CrazyFingers

Im not impressed, it's for from "fantastic". And the faces man, the FKING Faces man! They are the nightmare material.

Super girls face looks like something that came after chucky the doll and donkey had a sex.
But did you sew Harley's face? That shit was on point. It's an early build man.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Last time Spawn was in a fighting game was Soul Calibur 2 and he was pretty trash and didn't feel all that Spawnly. He didn't even have his cape! Imagine him with his Cape with full animation. That thing is described as looking alive just. That with Injustice 2's fantastic graphics? We have a fantasy come true man.
Yuck, that's right. No offense to the SC community, but never liked those games. Regardless, I feel like Spawn would be good for Injustice but AMAZING for MK11.

Spawn w/ variations and his fatals... good lord.

trufenix

bye felicia
nrs would do a hell of a spawn. cape attacks, the win pose, the shit he says when he throws you, yowsa. It puts a chill in the bones.

CrazyFingers

Yuck, that's right. No offense to the SC community, but never liked those games. Regardless, I feel like Spawn would be good for Injustice but AMAZING for MK11.

Spawn w/ variations and his fatals... good lord.
I personally LOVE Soul Calibur but yea Spawn in that was not great in any way

E

Eldriken

I personally LOVE Soul Calibur but yea Spawn in that was not great in any way
I remember getting Soul Calibur 2 for the Xbox just because Spawn was in it. Boy was I disappointed. I just went back to using Taki.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Isn't it really between raiden and cage? If captain cold is in and killer frost makes her return how does sub zero fit in?
He'd fit alongside cold the same way that Batman, Nightwing, and Batgirl, or Superman and Zod, Lantern and Sinestro, or now Superman and Supergirl.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
How dare I mention the last time a guest was announced in what basically is Injustice's 2 guest announcement thread? I should've known better...
wtf with the backpedaling, thinking that a character was such a bad idea that it was a "scandal" and mentioning are 2 different things... in case you didn't know

trufenix

bye felicia
For the love of Paulo, please let it be Buffy! Just imagine the crying and the complaints! It would be better than the whole Leatherface "scandal".
Holy shit, its been upgraded to scandal. I happen to think Buffy is a great pick. Super strength, tons of weapons and gimmicks, girl, wealth of allies and enemies. What's the problem?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Nuts vs Guts made a video on this... - WARNING - Her vids are not exactly political correct.

hehe

She makes pretty hilarious vids btw, and runs the deviart Art Queen of Computer Games events.

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
Spawn and Hellboy!! Those two would be amazing additions to the game! They're definitely the most iconic non DC/Marvel characters for sure! Make it happen NRS!!

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Spawn, Hellboy, Sub-Zero, and Raiden... Exactly who I had in mind some time ago.
..I wonder what any of them's traits would be though?