What's new

Speculation: Spawn & Sub-Zero confirmed for Injustice 2? Final twitter poll results are in.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I bet sub's trait will be a derivative of Unbreakable's aura. Maybe takes less damage and chip, or maybe it makes his MB launchers work meterlessly?

Or it's his ice klone of course.
Or it would be all of his variations in one?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
O, to the M, to the G!!! Now let me guess,Grand Master with Tom Brady exclusive skin will be available! Pre-order folks!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
spawn i couldnt give two fucks about spawn etc but for the mk guest its the opposite.

will 110% be playing whatever mk char they put in (unless its liu kang :/)

id pick radien out of the 4 listed but that scorp in inj1 its makes sense to put sub in the inj2, prob be better for the comic book side of things aswell

I loved the Spawn comic and the HBO mini-series back in the 90s. Hopefully he'll be in this at some point. He's got some crazy powers that should give him some unique options. He's also got a sick look and should have some wicked cool gear options too. I'll definitely spend a great deal of time trying to learn him if he's in.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I called Sub-Zero months ago as a guest character.

Also, what's with the hard on for Spawn? He's already been in a fighting game. I couldn't care less about him. Personally, I think Hellboy would be way cooler to see.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I called Sub-Zero months ago as a guest character.

Also, what's with the hard on for Spawn? He's already been in a fighting game. I couldn't care less about him. Personally, I think Hellboy would be way cooler to see.
Spawn in Soul Calibur 2 was a travesty. He wasn't very Spawnly, he was TERRIBLE as a character and just overall didn't satisfy the need. NRS will be able to satisfy that need.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Holy shit, its been upgraded to scandal. I happen to think Buffy is a great pick. Super strength, tons of weapons and gimmicks, girl, wealth of allies and enemies. What's the problem?
Plus, wtf is Sarah Michelle Gellar doing these days? She's got the time for some voice work and a bit of MoCap.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Really, Sub-Zero? With all the DC characters with ice based abilities, he is a waste of a choice. GG

Lokheit

Noob
As I said multiple times, Subbie would be great with the gear system, you could mix and match a lot of different costumes. And I really want to see the return of his shreder armor. Let's see what's Jim Lee's take on him!

Johnny Cage as second in the voting works fine for me, he's one of my favs too, and being an actor he could work with the gear system just fine as well.

Spawn, Hellboy, Sub-Zero, and Raiden... Exactly who I had in mind some time ago.
..I wonder what any of them's traits would be though?
Raiden appears over him in the image because of order in the original poll but Cage actually has more votes than Raiden.

CrazyFingers

This will be the first nrs game i wont buy, I just got a feeling it will be more broke than umvc3
What are you basing this statement off of? The very little gameplay we know about? Or the gameplay that people who played it early say is more neutral based?

What are you basing this statement off of? The very little gameplay we know about? Or the gameplay that people who played it early say is more neutral based?
Gears that add different skills, high level players will just run over newer players, inj1 was just terrible, online... Too many things. Well I wont buy it AT LAUCH, maybe if the game isnt broke as I think it will be I will buy it.

CrazyFingers

Gears that add different skills, high level players will just run over newer players, inj1 was just terrible, online... Too many things. Well I wont buy it AT LAUCH, maybe if the game isnt broke as I think it will be I will buy it.
There's a tournament mode that makes the gear purely aesthetic. If it IS a busted system, we can drop it as fast as possible.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Spawn in Soul Calibur 2 was a travesty. He wasn't very Spawnly, he was TERRIBLE as a character and just overall didn't satisfy the need. NRS will be able to satisfy that need.
I have no doubt NRS would knock his design out of the park. Personally, I just don't care about Spawn and feel like he hasn't been relevant since the 90's. If anyone can make me want to play him though, it's NRS. The way they've integrated Alien, Jason, Leatherface and Predator into MKX was incredible.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Why is noone really talking about the fact that multiple/all of these characters will probably be released?

Reactions: GAV