What's new

Speculation: Spawn & Sub-Zero confirmed for Injustice 2? Final twitter poll results are in.

Ed Boon put out another tweet saying "What about both?" when someone said they wanted Hellboy over Spawn.
I'm pretty hyped for Spawn but Hellboys' a cool choice too. I'd be happy with both. I hope they don't go crazy with the non-DC roster though... I'm hoping for a larger selection of DC characters than the first game.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Why is noone really talking about the fact that multiple/all of these characters will probably be released?
Like that you brought it to my attention, but hate the notion of it ... a lot.

Why break the fiction? Just release more DC characters. There are literally hundreds to choose from.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Like that you brought it to my attention, but hate the notion of it ... a lot.

Why break the fiction? Just release more DC characters. There are literally hundreds to choose from.
literally Hellboy and Spawn i'm only okay with being in the game because I love them too much. Other than that I would take a ton of DC characters over most guests.

Ragman
Anton Arcane
Swamp Thing
Detective Chimp (Cuz that'd be hilarious)
Deadman
Killer Croc
Black Manta
Dark Seid
Constantine
Hawk Man
Mister Freeze
Scarecrow
Two-Face
Firestorm
Brainiac
Vandal Savage
Vixen

AND THAT'S JUST TO NAME A FEW! There are so many DC characters that we really don't NEED guest characters but some guest characters imo, are too awesome to pass up.

Reactions: GAV

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
Whatever, I'm a Buffy diehard and I'm into it in a "Yeah I want that, said with a strait face" sort of way.

I do think she is probably a bad fit for Injustice, but I've actually said in the past I thought she or Spike would be good guests for MK.

Spawn is the only way this is going down though.
buffy and jax would be great

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
Jax? Why is Ed Boon trying so hard not advertise Liu Kang anymore? Is it really true that he hates him? Where did he mention that? I mean, Kangs death was a symbol of Tobias leaving the team back in the day, but come on.. Regardless how you feel about the character, he IS the the 3rd popular character alongside Sub&Scor and he'd sell well as a dlc, thats just a fact.
i used to be a die hard lui kang fan but i feel like his move list sucks especially in mkxl i dont feel like liu had evolved from the rest of the cast i remember when sonya blade got a upward bicycle kick i was like that shit is tight but lui still only has fire ball regualar bicycle kick and flying kick that shit is getting old and played out. i think jax would do great because injustice 2 has armor upgrades and jax could upgrade his arms just my thoughts peace.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
If Subz makes it in, it might be worth forking the money out and learning a whole new game. Couldn't get into the first one just seemed clunky compared to MK games but who knows the 2nd one might be better for an MK player making the transition. Batman's stance still seems wrong but I'm down for Ninjaish DC characters, Spawn and hopefully another Batman with a different stance. I don't know why it irks me so much...

Also if Subz makes it in I wonder how that whole upgrading will work with him.
i think what hurt injustice 1 was the fact you had to hold back to block that shit was hard against a teleporting person like scorpion and martian man hunter and not to mention broke ass batgirl. hopefully injustice 2 plays better. i liked it but didnt love it, im more familiar with marvel characters than dc but i plan on learning more about the dc universe. peace

KCJ506

Noob
I'm interested in Spawn and Hellboy the most. We'll probably end up getting a MK character as guest(unfortunately). I really think if we're getting two guests none of them should be characters that have already been playable in a bunch of other fighting games. Give other ones a chance a shine here.

GAV

Why not? Can you present a single good reason for your thinking, that isn't "they're not DC characters"?
Because it breaks the fiction.

I was pretty much done with Injustice after Scorpion was released. The game hadn't changed much, but my perception of it did.

My guess is that I wasn't alone either.

With all of the DC choices, why break the fiction to go outside their universe?

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Because it breaks the fiction.

I was pretty much done with Injustice after Scorpion was released. The game hadn't changed much, but my perception of it did.

My guess is that I wasn't alone either.

With all of the DC choices, why break the fiction to go outside their universe?
So, in other words, "they're not DC characters".
... don't get me wrong, I understand where you're coming from, but it's just a really weak reason to me. The Injustice universe already is an alternate universe of its own, who's to say that the likes of Spawn or Hellboy aren't existent in it?

KCJ506

Noob
I can sort of see where GAV is coming from. DC really isn't as limited as MK is and has a much bigger universe and more characters that have potential. It honestly would be a shame if that potential went to waste and these characters getting shafted in favor of a bunch of guests.

It's funny how now when it comes to DLC characters in NRS games, some people seem to care more about guests than characters that are actually apart of said series.

It is pretty obvious, in injustice 1, scorpion was invited, in injustice 2 will be sub zero, and regarding SPAWN it would be excellent for the game in my opinion

I'd be happy with just Spawn. We don't need an MK character for every Injustice and Spawn is a comic character who has had a crossover with Batman.

GAV

So, in other words, "they're not DC characters".
... don't get me wrong, I understand where you're coming from, but it's just a really weak reason to me. The Injustice universe already is an alternate universe of its own, who's to say that the likes of Spawn or Hellboy aren't existent in it?
I know very little about that universe, but when I see the super heroes from my youth in a fighting game - the absolute last thing I want is to see characters that have no business in that world.

Its not about Injustice. Its about Super Heroes and Super Villains and having regular heroes and villains from other realities in there completely breaks the fiction for me.

Hulk or Spider-Man would be fine, but Spawn or Sub-Zero ... hell no!!!!