What's new

Question - Sonya Blade Sonya's Secret X-Ray Brutality

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Not lie. Actually I forgot I tried it back in December. I have tried the special move count at some point like dive kicks and garrote and ring blasts. But did not count. If you haven't done this more than 10 Times in a row then please don't say you figured it out. Also the way you typed what to do or not to do is hard to understand
I see. I got it pretty much ten times in a row but I'll test it some more tomorrow and hopefully it continues (not) working. I was basically just saying stick to normals and strings instead of specials to test it.

PROKTOR

Noob
Oh ok. I had some luck with including uppercut. I guess so anyway. It seems more to me than its a random execution. As in it changes either requirement or when it wants to happen. Usually in the 1 to 6 Times then nothing. I'm not claiming I'm right though. Shame on them for never telling us. As I've said before only thing I've truly seen a lot of result on is doing the parry at the exact moment the opponent strikes and hitting forward or down forward while starting it.

Dedlock

Noob
I think it's got something to do when the opponents life reaches Zero. It worked for me five times in a row when I pressed (mashed l2?r2 down) something right after their life became Zero.

PROKTOR

Noob
I think it's got something to do when the opponents life reaches Zero. It worked for me five times in a row when I pressed (mashed l2?r2 down) something right after their life became Zero.
So kinda like if the last hit of the x-ray would kill the opponent but not the first two? Possibly needing the danger bar mostly full. To then trigger into the brutality That is one thing no one has brought up yet I don't think. Mashing down l2 and r2 haven't seemed to do anything. If you mean holding them down or even rapidly tapping. It's been done without that guidance

Last edited:

Dedlock

Noob
So kinda like if the last hit of the x-ray would kill the opponent but not the first two? Possibly needing the danger bar mostly full. To then trigger into the brutality That is one thing no one has brought up yet I don't think. Mashing down l2 and r2 haven't seemed to do anything. If you mean holding them down or even rapidly tapping. It's been done without that guidance
At this point Im just bananas when it comes to this Brutality, it's making me go nuts.

PROKTOR

Noob
At this point Im just bananas when it comes to this Brutality, it's making me go nuts.
It will drive you to insanity if you spend too long at it. I showed my nephew and I'm like ok the thing is... This might work or might not and it's cool when it does work. And oh look at that it worked. Lol and then I'm like I'm not gonna give in, I'm gonna pick someone else and do a move I know will work .... Lol

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
It is absolutely not a button press, as soon as I do xray I leave my controller alone and it works. The only consistent requirement I've had work as of yet is to do no specials. Ermac has a requirement of doing 10 specials for his ex teleport brutality so I'll further test it when I can and see if I can find out if it's a specific number of specials that triggers it or not.

I can reproduce this with 100% accuracy and STILL don't know what causes it... if that confuses you, imagine how I feel. What do I mean? Well. I can preform a series of forward 4's as sonya for the entire match in practice, let them hit me a bit to build up my xray meter (And they can hit me with anything... it doesnt matter) then xray to finish and it always works. Don't have to hold any buttons, don't have to be any specific variation or have any specific amount of health.....

AND YET. I've ALSO gotten off this brutality without doing any forward circles at all... so my theory currently is that it has multiple potential conditions.

I know that one of its conditions is definitely related to kicks though... which is probably why this brutality seems to happen most often in demolition, because my grenade combos involve a love more kicks then covert ops for example.