What's new

Question - Sonya Blade Sonya's Secret X-Ray Brutality

jmt

Noob
Yea, I've done it like 5 times. Not sure how exactly, but I do push df in between the last 2 hits.

Dedlock

Noob
I've done it today three times back to back using just block, and I now more than ever believe that the "button" (either forward or block) must be pressed right after the Xray starts, IE do the Xray let sonya flip over the opponent, right when the spine shatters the button should be pressed and held until the end.

Ie there is a time window to press the button to get the Xray to work and that window is somewhere at the start I think.

PROKTOR

Noob
I've done it today three times back to back using just block, and I now more than ever believe that the "button" (either forward or block) must be pressed right after the Xray starts, IE do the Xray let sonya flip over the opponent, right when the spine shatters the button should be pressed and held until the end.

Ie there is a time window to press the button to get the Xray to work and that window is somewhere at the start I think.
I believe I have done it without pressing block during the X-ray... just by pressing l2 and r2 and doing nothing... perhaps though, block needs pressed right after starting the parry... i usually flip over to the other player 2 controller after starting the parry.... cannot believe there still is no concrete guide out there

shura30

Shura
I've read somewhere that you need to win a round with an xray then finish the match with another one could this be it?
Also, I'd like to test if it works like a babality, no block for the whole round then xray as finisher

PROKTOR

Noob
I've read somewhere that you need to win a round with an xray then finish the match with another one could this be it?
Also, I'd like to test if it works like a babality, no block for the whole round then xray as finisher
I usually test this with just one round so probably not. I've done it using block too. This was one of the first things I was thinking.

Dedlock

Noob
it has to be a frame thing there is nothing else, because Jason's Xray brutality can be executed after at a later frame ( a couple of steps), so having Sonya's at an early frame execution does make sense.

Yeah, that would make sense. I think there's another character in the game with a parry Brutality that has to be done on the early frames IIRC...

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
It's just hold down while killing with xray, it's worked for me every time lol

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
As I've said people have done it without holding anything... Maybe you are just consistent with doing the x-ray quickly in-frame
Maybe their down button was a little sticky or something :DOGE but if just holding down works then why look for something harder? If it works every time with me I'd assume it works for everyone but I guess we should all test it first to make sure.

Edit: Ffs this is inconsistent, I can't get it to work any more. WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE CONDITIONS?!

Last edited:

PROKTOR

Noob
Maybe their down button was a little sticky or something :DOGE but if just holding down works then why look for something harder? If it works every time with me I'd assume it works for everyone but I guess we should all test it first to make sure.

Edit: Ffs this is inconsistent, I can't get it to work any more. WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE CONDITIONS?!
It fucks with your mind doesn't it? haha

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Is there a consensus of how to do this consistently?

I've heard you must have covert ops and you must hold down+forward during the last hit, for it to work.

I've heard its available in all variations.

I've heard you have to land 3 dive kicks during the match.

I've also heard you have to land the x-ray within the first few frames in order to do the brutality.

Lastly, why doesn't the brutalities become listed even though you unlocked it?

That sucks.

Dedlock

Noob
Is there a consensus of how to do this consistently?

I've heard you must have covert ops and you must hold down+forward during the last hit, for it to work.

I've heard its available in all variations.

I've heard you have to land 3 dive kicks during the match.

I've also heard you have to land the x-ray within the first few frames in order to do the brutality.

Lastly, why doesn't the brutalities become listed even though you unlocked it?

That sucks.
1) False
2) True
3) Not sure hasnt occurred to me, will test.
4) False ( did them both ways)
5) Normal Brutalities are listed, Secret Brutalities aren't.

PROKTOR

Noob
It is indeed possible in any variation. Dive kicks do not matter I don't think. Seems to be more consistent with luck in frames. Very quickly done

Dedlock

Noob
predator's Xray Brutality activates after holding down from the start of the Xray. its really frustrating that its been months and still nothing concrete.

PROKTOR

Noob
I mash buttons like a mad man and I get it every time.
Really? I've put the controller down before and pressed nothing and still made it work. It seems to me that this brutality is so far only mostly consistent with executing it at a quick frame and not letting the parry play out too far. It might even also have a random filter, making it not work at all times... sounds ridiculous but there is still nothing that confirms otherwise.

Last edited:

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
I only play Demolition, but you simple just hold UP before the final hit from the xray. Works every time.. No requirements.

Reactions: jmt

Dedlock

Noob
I only play Demolition, but you simple just hold UP before the final hit from the xray. Works every time.. No requirements.
I'll try this but I doubt it because its worked for me while I pressed nothing, but who knows they probably patched

edit

i tried it and it didn' work

Last edited: