What's new

Question - Sonya Blade Sonya's Secret X-Ray Brutality

PROKTOR

Noob
I'll try this but I doubt it because its worked for me while I pressed nothing, but who knows they probably patched

edit

i tried it and it didn' work
Still currently no concrete requirements.... can't believe this. I've tested the shit out of this brutality.

jmt

Noob
I wish Paulo/NRS would just tell us the answer. I do it all the time and have no clue how! ;)

Jolt

Uprise
Just adding my conspiracy theory: You have to do at least 3 arc kicks in the set. Or perhaps 3 leg grabs. Or DIVE KICKS?!

Just adding my conspiracy theory: You have to do at least 3 arc kicks in the set. Or perhaps 3 leg grabs. Or DIVE KICKS?!
I almost always do at least three arc kicks and dive kicks, but hardly ever do a single leg grab and the brutality seems to happen for me about 70% of the time.

PROKTOR

Noob
I've tried just doing punches, kicks, no blocking, certain number of special moves, no jumping, etc. no concrete execution. latest rumor is hold down to forward as you start the parry, can't confirm it. I've gotten my hopes up way too many times for a real answer, and mostly just check back here and youtube every month or so to see if anyone cracked it. This is so hard to test when it usually works around 75 percent of the time, so when you think you got it, after the like 4th time of doing it, it quits.

Dedlock

Noob
Also still no progress, we'll need to contact the developers to tell us how it works.

I really would like new brutalities for Sonya in future updates.

Air throw brutality, Use air throw as the final move or in a combo as the last hit. She grabs them in the air then stomps with both knees on the ground, then instead of rolling off she remains ontop of them and cracks their neck Mk the movie Kano style.

Energy Rings brutality: use energy rings atleast five times in a match and make sure the last hit is her ex energy rings and the opponent explodes, similar to her MK3 pink kiss fatality or they can repeat her special forces kamikaze brutality animation.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I MIGHT have a breakthrough. It seems that every time I've tried to do it without doing a single special throughout the match it doesn't work. Will continue testing and see if this method somehow fails, so the brutality could be tied to the number of specials you do throughout the match.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I MIGHT have a breakthrough. It seems that every time I've tried to do it without doing a single special throughout the match it doesn't work. Will continue testing and see if this method somehow fails, so the brutality could be tied to the number of specials you do throughout the match.
guise pls i told him this im the og finder yo

Youphemism

Seems to be consistent, doing no specials hasn't triggered the xray brutal once yet. Test it out and tell me if it's consistent for anyone else :p

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
X-Ray brutal sometimes happens when I do absolutely nothing with my controller. Maybe it depends on how much life you have.

PROKTOR

Noob
Special move count does sound interesting and I haven't tried that method so far so please let us know if this is the way

Youphemism

X-Ray brutal sometimes happens when I do absolutely nothing with my controller. Maybe it depends on how much life you have.
Definitely doesn't depend on health, it works with both above and below 50% health.
Special move count does sound interesting and I haven't tried that method so far so please let us know if this is the way
It's worked so far every time for me, it's yet to fail for me. Try just doing nothing but normals/strings (ie using 121 since it's +2 into another 121 or D3, doing B14/B142 and B332/B33212, B33U4 in the corner) and see if that works for you too. If it does then you shouldn't get the brutality. No divekicks, specials (BF4, DB4, BF2, variation specific specials like Military Stance/Parry in Covert Ops, grenades in Demo, drone in Special Forces). The best thing to test it might actually be to just play variationless Sonya so you're not tempted to do specials for combos.

Also if you haven't tried this then....
I've tried just doing punches, kicks, ... certain number of special moves
YOU LIED! :DOGE

PROKTOR

Noob
Not lie. Actually I forgot I tried it back in December. I have tried the special move count at some point like dive kicks and garrote and ring blasts. But did not count. If you haven't done this more than 20 or 30 Times in a row then please don't say you figured it out. Also the way you typed what to do or not to do is hard to understand

Last edited: