What's new

SoCal needs your help to get a stream setup for WNF!

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
I have some questions:

What exactly do you need to get for the new stream set up?

Are you guys planning on buying a new PC? (If so build it, if you need help on what to get then ask because your wallets and ours will thank you)

Who will volunteer to take care of the equipment to bring it from place to place, and how will you decide to let others in the community use it if you yourself cannot come to an event.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I have some questions:

What exactly do you need to get for the new stream set up?
Just the computer at minimum. Mics + Mixer / Webcam if we get extra.

Are you guys planning on buying a new PC? (If so build it, if you need help on what to get then ask because your wallets and ours will thank you)
Don't worry, there won't be any stupid spending of money. Once I see about how much the donations amount to, I'll give considerably more specific info on what we are getting, it's just hard to gauge how much that will be for now.

Who will volunteer to take care of the equipment to bring it from place to place, and how will you decide to let others in the community use it if you yourself cannot come to an event.
I'm the only player on SoCal that really streams, so I'll take care of the stuff. If anyone else randomly decides to pick up streaming events and I can't go, they can just tell me, and I could lend the equipment to them.

Why are people asking such trivial questions...it's annoying...

Donate or don't. They'll handle the logistics, just like how GGA handles theirs, Sabin, Spooky, Axel, KN, LevelUp, Aris, and everyone else who streams for THE COMMUNITY. All those people take donations too, and they don't really fuck anyone over...

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
@EGP Wonder_Chef If you have any left over cash after this, could you maybe donate it to my buying-a-scooter-to-get-to-wnf fund? Or maybe just spare some change for the bus?

Pls

:DOGE

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I donated :)

I'm also looking to start streaming. I'm participating in local events and trying to get more NRS and KI stuff going in Minnesota. There's about 10 guys that are pretty solid and we'll all improve a lot if we get more stuff going. I'm hosting events that will be monthly, and possibly weekly in Minneapolis if there is interest. I don't have the needed gear for streaming yet so if people have recommendations I'm all ears.

This is what was suggested by one of the local guys. (I really want a laptop to be able to easily take my stream to other places, and for work on my grad school stuff)

Laptop: http://www.toshiba.com/us/computers/laptops/qosmio/X70/X70-ABT3G22
Capture: https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/game-capture-hd

I've already got two setups for 360/ps3/and xbox1. Asus monitor and the new Benq with 2 HDMI ins and 1 HDMI out, so I'm looking to add a gaming laptop that will stream well, and I need a capture device obviously. I don't really know what I'm doing so any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Not trying to hijack the thread, feel free to PM me if you want to talk more, I'm just excited to talk about it!

Last edited:

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I donated :)

I'm also looking to start streaming. I'm participating in local events and trying to get more NRS and KI stuff going in Minnesota. There's about 10 guys that are pretty solid and we'll all improve a lot if we get more stuff going. I'm hosting events that will be monthly, and possibly weekly in Minneapolis if there is interest. I don't have the needed gear for streaming yet so if people have recommendations I'm all ears.

This is what was suggested by one of the local guys. (I really want a laptop to be able to easily take my stream to other places, and for work on my grad school stuff)

Laptop: http://www.toshiba.com/us/computers/laptops/qosmio/X70/X70-ABT3G22
Capture: https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/game-capture-hd

I've already got two setups for 360/ps3/and xbox1. Asus monitor and the new Benq with 2 HDMI ins and 1 HDMI out, so I'm looking to add a gaming laptop that will stream well, and I need a capture device obviously. I don't really know what I'm doing so any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Not trying to hijack the thread, feel free to PM me if you want to talk more, I'm just excited to talk about it!

Haha thanks man!

That's the capture card I own currently and I love it. Their customer support was amazing when I had problems too.

That laptop is looking way out of our price range though!

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Thanks! Now you guys need to come down to WNF so we can stream you, haha.
Do you really want another Aquaman? Lol, actually though I will probably be able to go if the others guys go again. I had school on Wednesdays last semester so I was never able to :(