What's new

So i guess that second stream for WNF was a flop.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
seems like injustice is quickly losing its spark. fall classics only got around 100 which is pretty bad for a new game...
How is 100 people preregistering for a game at a brand-new tournament in a non-major city bad numbers?

Sometimes I feel like people are just making any attempt they can to throw sour milk on a good situation.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Ya, 100 is pretty good, not that far from Marvel and SF.

Even if the game dies at locals, it will still pull good numbers at Majors for awhile.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Ya, 100 is pretty good, not that far from Marvel and SF.

Even if the game dies at locals, it will still pull good numbers at Majors for awhile.
Dies at locals? The local scene for Injustice across the country is stronger than ever. 1 local does not a scene make.

There are almost too many weeklies to keep track of now. And the patch will only help.

jaym7018

Noob
I guess im woefully optimistic abot the patch. I really hope the reason this is taking so long is there is gonna be game mechanic changes like faster walking faster dash recovery and interactables being less match deciding. The changes weve seen so far are so simple i dont see why this is taking so long.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Dies at locals? The local scene for Injustice across the country is stronger than ever. 1 local does not a scene make.

There are almost too many weeklies to keep track of now. And the patch will only help.

I don't know how big the AK scene is because I largely ignore them, but even at its worst WNF still pulls more then most of the other scenes.

jaym7018

Noob
How is 100 people preregistering for a game at a brand-new tournament in a non-major city bad numbers?

Sometimes I feel like people are just making any attempt they can to throw sour milk on a good situation.
I gotta agree with this. WNF may be dieing but this is shaping to be a solid tourney. 100 preregisters likely gonna end up around 120 people thats pretty solid to me.

jaym7018

Noob
I don't know how big the AK scene is because I largely ignore them, but even at its worst WNF still pulls more then most of the other scenes.
13 people is not more than most. Even then its california where the FGC thrives they should have more than 13. Apparently there was only 1 more entrant for injustice than than doa5. Most locals having only 1 more entrant than doa5 means you got 1 dude.

I would honestly love more supermen and ba in our AK group. We started with 3 supes, 1 ba, 3 bats(yes I think he is tops), 2 WW and it was great to learn against the "unwinnable" match ups. I think WC has great players that use Supes and EC has great players that use BA. I wonder if it was Batman winning consecutive tournaments would people be satisfied.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I would honestly love more supermen and ba in our AK group. We started with 3 supes, 1 ba, 3 bats(yes I think he is tops), 2 WW and it was great to learn against the "unwinnable" match ups. I think WC has great players that use Supes and EC has great players that use BA. I wonder if it was Batman winning consecutive tournaments would people be satisfied.
i wouldnt ,, fuck batman :)

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
I can't blame them.

Theo, Slayer, Satsui - all cool people.

Fuck that Superman shit though. I can lose a 7-3 at home.
Lol I don't even go anymore because I'm back in school. There was like only 4 of us and tyrant doesn't even like using him anymore so its pretty much just theo and slayer now.

Top 4 every week:
1. Superman
2. Superman
3. Superman
4. Superman

Lulz

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Lol I don't even go anymore because I'm back in school. There was like only 4 of us and tyrant doesn't even like using him anymore so its pretty much just theo and slayer now.

Top 4 every week:
1. Superman
2. Superman
3. Superman
4. Superman

Lulz
Tyrant used him last night apparently

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Our scene is dead, Superman and Adam are too good, and this game is getting dull. I doubt the patch will fix anything. NRS has waited waaaaaaay too long. Everyone's already quit. And who's going to want to come back to a game that doesn't reward fundamentals or smart play anyway? Once you take a step back from the game and realize what it is, it's pretty mediocre. And I say that as someone who fully supports this game, and continues to go to WNF every week.
Pretty much sums it up in a concise fashion. I don't see the SoCal scene rebounding after the patch. I myself wanted to join your fray, as I love the hell out of the MK SoCal scene and wanted to share the passion that all you have for Injustice. Honestly gave it a gung ho try and attempted to practice last week to elevate myself to compete at you fine gents level of play. That motivation lasted for all of 30 minutes before I popped MK9 back in. If you don't love what your spending your free time on then there's no point in putting forth any effort. I don't play video games for props, or to stay current, too old for that sheet, I'd rather play a game where the competitive scene has withered away, than a game I dislike just for the sake to satisfy competitive juices. I'll still sign up at EGP in Oct just to support the scene/game, but the game's mechanics can not satisfy any serious hours spent. :oops:

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Man, what a bunch of whiners. I wish we had a scene like WNF. An arena as popular and big with so much exposure. What type of mindset do you guys carry in life. Oh there are Superman players so that means an automatic loss for me and there is no need to even try. That is a very weak mindset. How about thinking there are a few Superman players, i should now the match up with my particular character well enough and I will take them out and win WNF. Make a name for myself and put my mastery of the game on display. I just don't see the competitiveness in these forums anymore.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Man, what a bunch of whiners. I wish we had a scene like WNF. An arena as popular and big with so much exposure. What type of mindset do you guys carry in life. Oh there are Superman players so that means an automatic loss for me and there is no need to even try. That is a very weak mindset. How about thinking there are a few Superman players, i should now the match up with my particular character well enough and I will take them out and win WNF. Make a name for myself and put my mastery of the game on display. I just don't see the competitiveness in these forums anymore.

While I like your post I also am reminded that because you dont have a scene like WNF you dont understand what they're talking about in terms of problems w the game. Im not harping on you at all but just trying to inform you a little

Id love to have a room mate who is the #1 superman in the world, however even if i learned the MU to the best possible level id still say the character is f'ed up

To each his own

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Dare I say if this community were as boring as Tekken's Injustice would have been dead in July

I strongly feel the #1 reason we have #s if because the community itself, not the game and that will only last so long. The game has problems honestly and those problems are unfixable imo or wont be fixed.

The day after the patch, i will test them and if they are still there Ill make a video informing everyone so everyone can abuse the problems.

These type of problems i speak of happen when you have engineers who dont know dick about fighting games coding the game.

Corner Dash glitch is ridiculous for starters and is unacceptable

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Dare I say if this community were as boring as Tekken's Injustice would have been dead in July

I strongly feel the #1 reason we have #s if because the community itself, not the game and that will only last so long. The game has problems honestly and those problems are unfixable imo or wont be fixed.

The day after the patch, i will test them and if they are still there Ill make a video informing everyone so everyone can abuse the problems.

These type of problems i speak of happen when you have engineers who dont know dick about fighting games coding the game.

Corner Dash glitch is ridiculous for starters and is unacceptable

Just post it. Does it completely destroy the viability of the game ala something like player one advantage or input bug?
Have you shown people at NRS the glitch?

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
While I like your post I also am reminded that because you dont have a scene like WNF you dont understand what they're talking about in terms of problems w the game. Im not harping on you at all but just trying to inform you a little

Id love to have a room mate who is the #1 superman in the world, however even if i learned the MU to the best possible level id still say the character is f'ed up

To each his own
I do have a weekly similar to WNF. It is not big and surely not popular(I live in Aruba). We max out at about 13 Injustice players. 1 of them is a Superman main. He is also an excellent AE Feilong player. He is a pain to fight every Tuesday night. Knowing that he will be present is no reason for me to not attend.

That the game has issues is a different matter all together and I think we can all agree on that.