What's new

Should we completely delete all Old MU/Combo/General Discussion threads +start over

Should we completely delete all Old MU/Combo/General Discussion threads +start over

• Total voters

Mst

Noob
Tag the old ones with "old" or something. Make new ones and copy the relevant stuff to the new ones combos and such things so people can still link to the old posts and new players find easily the relevant stuff.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
If a reboot is to be done, I would like to help The Batman community do this.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Can we atleast get rid of all the ridiculous non character specific off topic forums? Like "What characters are you most looking forword to?" Or "Is Boon giving us a hint?" Seriously....we dont need that shit on there anymore

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
A lot of things still apply in old info. If anything people should be updating the info as time goes on.

There's a lot of bad info out there even before the new patch though lol. Don't listen to me.

kevkopdx

Noob
I don't frequent enough sub-forums to give an all inclusive observation but Zatanna and Harley Quinn for example.
ya, zatanna's combo guide has not been corrected for weeks, there is an entire section with incorrect inputs, no corner combos, bleh its a mess

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
ya, zatanna's combo guide has not been corrected for weeks, there is an entire section with incorrect inputs, no corner combos, bleh its a mess
It really is and the sad thing is that it's been that way for a while now. I mean I get why; she's a new DLC character, complex in her setups/executions, and hasn't been embraced by the masses or a tourney player with an interest in writing guides. I find a full character breakdown guide (see Mayo's Catwoman Guide aka the gold standard) is infinitely more valuable than a rote combo guide in the long run.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Ugh...this is so stupid...however if things do get purged...I ask that I retain my Catwoman BnB List/Video thread and the one for HawkGirl...I worked my ass off for those lists and then stopped when they announced there would be a patch.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Ugh...this is so stupid...however if things do get purged...I ask that I retain my Catwoman BnB List/Video thread and the one for HawkGirl...I worked my ass off for those lists and then stopped when they announced there would be a patch.
It's only stupid if they "purge" threads that are full of outdated bad info and cobwebs WIHOUT keeping/merging the threads that are still relevant. So yeah a broad sweeping "purge everything" isn't needed for something like your Catwoman thread which you obviously put a lot of work into and maintain.

RunwayMafia

It's only stupid if they "purge" threads that are full of outdated bad info and cobwebs WIHOUT keeping/merging the threads that are still relevant. So yeah a broad sweeping "purge everything" isn't needed for something like your Catwoman thread which you obviously put a lot of work into and maintain.
Thank you, my dear. I just don't really care for this idol worship of Pig...he is not the dictator. Call the police! Call the GOVENAH! (lyrics from Britney Spears-Work Bitch)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Thank you, my dear. I just don't really care for this idol worship of Pig...he is not the dictator. Call the police! Call the GOVENAH! (lyrics from Britney Spears-Work Bitch)
Im sorry that i want shitty posts gone off the site that steer people in wrong directions

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
No problem but, I tend to agree with Pig that something needs to be done in cleaning up old info. Moreover, I think this thread also shines a light on the flaws of the"character moderator" system since that only works if the chosen moderators are still active/invested in the game. Delegating responsibility can be a pathway to efficiency or a downward spiral to disorganization.

RunwayMafia

Im sorry that i want shitty posts gone off the site that steer people in wrong directions
Oh calm your tits...I now realize that it would be a merge/clean up thingy. You have to understand...that thread is my baby and at first I thought you wanted to murder my child...I was rather upset. ;)

RunwayMafia

No problem but, I tend to agree with Pig that something needs to be done in cleaning up old info. Moreover, I think this thread also shines a light on the flaws of the"character moderator" system since that only works if the chosen moderator's are still active/invested in the game. Deliberating responsibility can be a pathway to efficiency or a downward spiral of disorganization.
True. I just don't want my thread to be "purged" because I waited specifically for this patch to drop to resume my organization/update of that thread.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I don't really get the point of this? MU/combo/etc threads are constantly evolving anyway, with previous patches too. And we don't even know if this is for sure the last patch. If there's outdated info in OP's mods can update it as necessary. Maybe it's just my character, since I don't see a reason to make a new thread because I can trade lance with zod or something now

The game is new

The damages are new

The combos are new

The MUs discussions from before are extremely outdated, imagine some people coming to the aquaman forums for first time and reading he has 8 bad MUs.

Everything is new

BASED ON THE PATCH I am highly recommending we all purge these existing threads and start a new with character representatives who can keep things updated (not named karried - no offense but seriously we need OPs written by people who can keep things current)

edit: So would everyone agree to unsticky them and make new ones keeping the other ones around but just not stickied ?

STORMS
AK GamerBlake
CrimsonShadow

No. Most characters simply did not get changed that much in order to warrant entirely new forums.

Think of the characters who didn't (or barely) got touched: Raven, WW, Grundy, Frost, Batgirl, NW, Sinestro, GL, Hawkgirl...

Not to mention Batman and Aquaman will play exactly the same, just have longer cooldown times.

Just seems kinda extreme to toss out a lot of potentially useful information and expect people to volunteer new tech/posts again.

AK Pig Of The Hut

We will commence the process of closing all topics to do with game elements that pertain to the previous five versions of the game and open new threads for version 1.06. However, we won't delete them as whatever information they contain may still have its uses. Already we have one of our mods working on this.

Thank you for the suggestion.

It should be a case by case basis if anything.

Heavily changed characters? Superman, Lobo, Black Adam, Shazam et al?

Sure.

But most characters are going to play EXACTLY the same and do the same combos, etc. Deleting the information isn't necessary b/c it's not obsolete.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
No. Most characters simply did not get changed that much in order to warrant entirely new forums.

Think of the characters who didn't (or barely) got touched: Raven, WW, Grundy, Frost, Batgirl, NW, Sinestro, GL, Hawkgirl...

Not to mention Batman and Aquaman will play exactly the same, just have longer cooldown times.

Just seems kinda extreme to toss out a lot of potentially useful information and expect people to volunteer new tech/posts again.

It should be a case by case basis if anything.

Heavily changed characters? Superman, Lobo, Black Adam, Shazam et al?

Sure.

But most characters are going to play EXACTLY the same and do the same combos, etc. Deleting the information isn't necessary b/c it's not obsolete.
mU charts changed for some of those characters u listed

I do agree character by character is better

I vote yes. There are too many useless threads that are never getting updated like Pig said. Sometimes the creator of the thread doesn't even main said character or isn't knowledgeable/passionate enough to keep them up to date. Those threads should be locked/deleted even if they were started by a moderator or admin.

In fact mods should be banned from creating threads in character boards lol. LBSH they are always the worst threads and only pollute the section.