What's new

Should Kabal be banned in competitive play? (Community Discussion)

Should Kabal be banned?

• Total voters

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
You can't count the wins by REO. It wasn't the character winning, it was REO.
I completely agree REO is a great player, and I have respect for him. But I still think Kabal has a very large influence on any match any player wins with him. Much more so than any other fighter in the game.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
That before Kabal was nerfed, doesn't count.
Dosnt matter. Kabal has still won the majority of majors and the number of majors he is winning is just going to continue to grow substantially. Do you still think he is fine the way he is and dosnt need patched, and if not, banned?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Without reading one of the posts on these 7 pages of respones I say no.

For one reason, there are no 9-1 match ups in this game, there are not even alot of 8-2 match ups.

those are broken and un winnable.

I beat a Hitbox Kabal at NWM. It wasn't easy but I did it.

People that voted yes are fuckin lazy, step your game up, and if you're still losing the match, change your character.

REO

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dosnt matter. Kabal has still won the majority of majors and the number of majors he is winning is just going to continue to grow substantially. Do you still think he is fine the way he is and dosnt need patched, and if not, banned?
What do you mean it doesn't matter? He had a block infinite and other broken shit, you cannot count those wins as a legitimate testimony to him being banned or not. Not only was Kabal not nerfed yet, it was back in the early life of the game. You can't just count every tournament win when the character wasn't the same character that it is now. It's common sense dude, just stop.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
What do you mean it doesn't matter? He had a block infinite and other broken shit, you cannot count those wins as a legitimate testimony to him being banned or not. Not only was Kabal not nerfed yet, it was back in the early life of the game. You can't just count every tournament win when the character wasn't the same character that it is now. It's common sense dude, just stop.
I didn't say those fights mattered. But all the top 5 was crazy broken back then, so it was fair game. If you ask me, everyone should have just not cried for nerfs and learned the MU's and how to fight the broken fighters. The way we used to do it before everyone could just cry in masses and get the developers to water down the game.

Kabal needs fixed. And you know it. But how come even when you are faced with the undiniable facts, you still say he is fine and dosnt need fixed?

WHY ARE YOU ALL DOING THIS. ^

davidovitch

In Europe!
I don't think it's good to focus only on Kabal. Jax corner combos and Cyrax' resets also need to be fixed, and personally I can think of a few other changes to characters that would improve the game.

However I don't think we will see a patch before EVO (or in fact, ever) so this is the game we gotta play guys. I for one don't need fighting games to be perfectly balanced because I don't play for money.
However if you are in the tournament scene I can certainly imagine your legit complains about Kabal. When it comes down to winning 10.000 bucks and one characters is considered the best in the game surely over time everyone will gravitate towards that character?

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Thats fine and dandy, but it's never gonna happen man, we play the game we have, so Bitching about anything in it, is a waste of time, and energy, Play THE GAME!
I can play the game. Its the offline major players that will suffer from this. And in turn, we will suffer. Every thing about this fighter is ruining the game, but we simply sit and don't do anything about it. If he can't get nerfed at this point, then he needs banned, and thats something we can do. But yet again, we deny the truth, and disagree with facts for a reason I am still un aware of.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I don't think it's good to focus only on Kabal. Jax corner combos and Cyrax' resets also need to be fixed, and personally I can think of a few other changes to characters that would improve the game.

However I don't think we will see a patch before EVO (or in fact, ever) so this is the game we gotta play guys. I for one don't need fighting games to be perfectly balanced because I don't play for money.
However if you are in the tournament scene I can certainly imagine your legit complains about Kabal. When it comes down to winning 10.000 bucks and one characters is considered the best in the game surely over time everyone will gravitate towards that character?
Thats the thing. Instead of accepting the facts and just banning the damn fighter, they would rather take the route where everyone just uses Kabal. Thus killing the games tournament scene. Great call. And why are they doing this you ask? Beyond me.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
there is more cancer in this thread than there is in the entirety of the US Healthcare System
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Also: No.
It'd be like if Obama really was born in Kenya and they kicked him out of the White House.
A little too late for this now. Just gonna have to make due.
Unless the Buzz Lightyear Kabals Kabals Everywhere prophecy comes true.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
ban everyone except sub zero. That way we can just play SZ mirrors and the game will finally be balanced. That's what you all wanted right? A balanced game?

I love how everyone has just recently been on the Kabal is OP wagon, just because of the last couple of tourney's. Just wait, I'll bet you guys a KUH-BawL does not win EVO.

Honestly, what will you clowns do when lets just say, Foxy wins evo using cage, beating out all of the Kabals, or hell using Kung Lao? What will you complaining people bitch about next?

I'm sorry, if REO had been winning EVERY tourney he entered with Kabal, EVERY SINGLE ONE, then we may be able to have a discussion, but until then, lets quit being little girls, and just play the damn game.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
lol at all the people that say he's fine.
He is not fine. Everyone clearly knows that he is the best character in the game. But he should not be banned. Even if you take REO's match up chart to heart, it is not much different from the top tier characters in ST and 3s, who were never banned. O.Sagat was considered "cheap and boring" yet was never banned in ST. 3s tended to look very bad at major tournaments, with 3-4 Chun Li players in the top 8, yet she was never banned.

It is obvious that a character like Kano will never beat a high level Kabal player in a long series. However, I am still interested in what Kung Lao and Reptile players can do, so all options have not been exhausted yet. I do think there are some characters out there who could potentially go even with Kabal.